Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just thought I would post a thread to post all positive Jamie Oliver recipes and fun.

I know he can sometimes be a divisive figure but I own several of his books and find his recipes to be fantastic.

His new One Pan Meals show starts on Monday so feel free to post here your thoughts!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Books with recipes I use regularly

Jamie’s Italy
30 minute meals
7 ways
Comfort food (sticky toffee pudding every Xmas)
Veg
Everyday super food

I have some of the older ones but I don’t use those - and I always found the 15 minute meal ones a bit unrealistic time wise.

i will probably get the one pot one and ask for the together one for Christmas

his recipes work - the many testers and home economics people do their jobs.

Reactions: 8
The sticky toffee pudding recipe was amazing.

My faves are the curry paste recipes I think from ministry of food as they were so easy to make and when the book came out I had just left uni and started working and I didn’t know how to make anything other than Chinese style curry so they were a great starting point. I have moved on to following actual Indian chefs in more recent years but at that time it was really simple to follow.

I loved his Christmas book/show. The chicken wing stock worked really well for me, I’ve read a few people say they didn’t like it but mine was great and much needed for the gallons of gravy my family go through at Christmas

Reactions: 7
The sticky toffee pudding recipe was amazing.

My faves are the curry paste recipes I think from ministry of food as they were so easy to make and when the book came out I had just left uni and started working and I didn’t know how to make anything other than Chinese style curry so they were a great starting point. I have moved on to following actual Indian chefs in more recent years but at that time it was really simple to follow.

I loved his Christmas book/show. The chicken wing stock worked really well for me, I’ve read a few people say they didn’t like it but mine was great and much needed for the gallons of gravy my family go through at Christmas
I make a big batch of the chicken wing gravy each year, and adapt it depending on what meat we are having. I have around 20 of his books and they're used more than any of my others. The ones I don't have are the ones that are more back to basics, that would be a bit too simplistic for what I need. I have the new one on order, so looking forward to seeing what's in that.

Oh and not from the book but from his FREE internet I use his roast cooking times, gravy and also roast potatoes.

We watch the tv shows and decide on basis of faffiness - whether we want to try making them ourselves. Was fun the latest ones seeing inside the big house, although I think he was at one point cooking in the butlers pantry to make it look smaller and less mansion.

One thing that irritates Mr V is how messy he is, always spilling things, or scattering stuff from a great height and getting it everywhere. I suppose it’s dynamic but we consider the state of the hob.

I used to watch 30 minute meals with my husband and one thing that has stuck with us for over 10 years is an episode where JO was making a sauce or chopping something in a food processor and basically said 'food processors are great for speeding things up but if you don't have one, just buy one!' 🤣

We have a couple of his books but the only thing I make regularly is the chilli con carne which uses chickpeas.

Reactions: 2
Oh and not from the book but from his FREE internet I use his roast cooking times, gravy and also roast potatoes.

We watch the tv shows and decide on basis of faffiness - whether we want to try making them ourselves. Was fun the latest ones seeing inside the big house, although I think he was at one point cooking in the butlers pantry to make it look smaller and less mansion.

One thing that irritates Mr V is how messy he is, always spilling things, or scattering stuff from a great height and getting it everywhere. I suppose it’s dynamic but we consider the state of the hob.
At least he washes his bleeping hands!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I regularly make his roast chicken tikka from the 5 ingredients book, so easy and feels like you are having a roast dinner but also feels like you are having a curry! Which book is the sticky toffee pudding recipe from? Would love to give that a go!

Reactions: 6
I must admit I do like JO’s recipes and cooking shows. Really likes his lockdown one, and also like his ‘Family favourites’. The recipe of his I really like are the meatloaf one and the meatloaf with spaghetti. I also love his Cumberland chicken, cauliflower cheese pasta and his curry pastes from Ministry of Food. I find his recipes work and are always tasty and well received.

Reactions: 3
We love him in our house. I recently found out he's very popular in Ukraine and his TV shows have been translated and are shown there! So funny! 😂🇺🇦

Reactions: 4
Thanks for the thread - I am a big fan and eager await Monday as I adore a one pot / pan dish!

Reactions: 6
Just saw the ad for the tv programmme last night, will be watching.
I'm all for one pan meals.

Thanks for the thread.

Reactions: 5
Can I just say how much that first series was 😘? When he made stuff for Jools and the band and it was all so innocent.

• Heart
Can I just say how much that first series was 😘? When he made stuff for Jools and the band and it was all so innocent.

I watched a couple of episodes last week of the original series. He was much less polished than he is now but how much he has grown and developed as a presenter is fantastic. Unlike some other people!

Honestly he can be a bit of a twit but his recipes tend to work well and his presenting is clear and makes it all look achievable.