Jamie Oliver

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those meatballs look good. Anyone know which veggie mince would work? I’ve only used the frozen Quorn mince, which I can’t see holding together.

Upside down fish pie you say? …

Reactions: 4
Tried the quick pie trick last night from ep 2(i think). It was great. I hate making traditional pies but we’ll definitely be doing more this way.

Reactions: 1
Those meatballs look good. Anyone know which veggie mince would work? I’ve only used the frozen Quorn mince, which I can’t see holding together.

You could try soya mince? I use Morrison's own brand, it's as good as any other that I've used. You cook it with some water, it swells as it absorbs the liquid and it will then be easier to form into balls, especially when mixed with the curry paste.

The fish pie "crust" is genius, am definitely going to try that one!

Reactions: 3
Thanks for the mince recommendation! I made the regular meaty types for Old Harold and daughter a cup Le of nights ago, and they were a hit. Again, I reckon the recipe is quite versatile - rice in the oven like that while something else cooks will be really handy.

I took a Nigella to the charity shop today. (Sorry Nige, but you’re always online if I need you). Picked up a Tom Kerridge instead :devilish:

• Haha
My kid showed me this uncle roger video the other day (egg fried rice). I confess I agree with URs commentary, I do like the inspiration and enthusiasm JO gives out, but get a bit naffed orf with the olive oil in everything!

• Haha
My kid showed me this uncle roger video the other day (egg fried rice). I confess I agree with URs commentary, I do like the inspiration and enthusiasm JO gives out, but get a bit naffed orf with the olive oil in everything!
Yeah. Though when Jo puts the chilli Jam on the rice I thought it looked nice 😂😂

• Haha

I always used to use half and half dried tvp and sosmix for anything like meatballs/loaf, good balance of texture and stick-togetherness, make up with veg stock etc instead of plain water.
( Add a little fresh chilli, a handful of minced fresh coriander leaf and garam masala plus seasoning for shami kebabs that do under the grill in a few minutes. A little drier than meat ones so serve with a curry sauce or raitha)

Real salmon and fresh lemons. What kind of weirdo is he?

Isn't it nice to see someone cooking something simple, tasty and enjoying the process & end result?

Reactions: 2
Real salmon and fresh lemons. What kind of weirdo is he?

Isn't it nice to see someone cooking something simple, tasty and enjoying the process & end result?
Not a salmon fan but I love the lasagne sheet idea. It’s obviously a bit more expensive than dried pasta but it isn’t hugely expensive that it would make a nice treat and be ready quickly.
The burgers looked nice.

cant wait to see this toffee apple thing

Not a salmon fan but I love the lasagne sheet idea. It’s obviously a bit more expensive than dried pasta but it isn’t hugely expensive that it would make a nice treat and be ready quickly.
The burgers looked nice.

cant wait to see this toffee apple thing
Burgers were good - one to try with various fillings. Toffee apple pie looks interesting, not something I'd eat but would be fun to make.
As food programs should, it made me want to cook things. I always think they should be a mix of inspiration and aspiration. I'll never be Jamie or Nigella but it's fun to try recipes!

Reactions: 5