Jamie Genevieve

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes just because this is a thread about somebody, doesn’t mean each participant has to agree with everything you comment. 😂😂
So true. First line of the thread is “do you watch her” so obviously fans will comment. And if you’re hate watching then you’re paying her anyway 😂

Reactions: 7
I think there’s a lot of misinformation about what can/can’t be claimed as work expenses by influencers, I can’t for the life of me remember who it was but in a video someone said that they can only claim something as work expenses if they wouldn’t have bought it otherwise. So things like cars, clothes etc if they would have bought them for themselves anyway they can’t be claimed however things for hauls and things like filming equipment and computers/laptops are work expenses so can be claimed back in pretty sure

Reactions: 2
Exactly and they claim so much back on taxes. They can literally claim everything as their job is vlogging their life so anything they use in life can be claimed back. One vlogger said she claims her cars back and every piece of clothing she buys. I think it was Patricia. So the amount they actually earn is so much higher than what is shown on their company records. Plus their husbands usually set up a business and get a wage from the influencer wife so that 6 figure Jamie is shown to earn doesn’t include Jack’s earning.

Someone mentioned above that she films 24/7. Errr no 😂🙈 she uploads one makeup tutorial and a 10minute vlog a week doesn’t she? Thats not a 24/7 job, that isn’t even a 9-5. She doesn’t do the editing or admin. She maybe does some emails here and there, those 2 short videos then the odd pic on instagram. Her videos are so lazy, its always her and Jack eating, driving in the car to go to eat or their dogs eating 😂. I don’t understand people who come on this thread to contradict everything and stick up for whoever is discussed, isn’t that done in the ‘rave’ section 🤔?
I wasn’t contradicting or sticking up for her, all I was saying is that your understanding of how mortgages work is wrong.

Reactions: 5
watched her video yesterday for the first time in ages. What is the ‘work’ that she and Jack had to do that there wasn’t enough hours in the day for? Am wondering if their definition of work is very much different to mine.

Reactions: 4
She edits her pics so heavily, on instagram and her youtube thumbnails that her jawline is so chiseled then you click play on her video and wonder where the extra 3 chins came from. When you get botox, it eventually completely wears off as it only affects the muscle and doesn’t necessarily add anything into your face whereas filler does and it takes much longer to go and sometimes never does. Over time it slides down and disperses into other areas on the face. People are then tempted to get more to level the face out and this process is repeated, going round in circles until they’re face is so full of old and new filler it looks lumpy and swollen. Jamie looks like she has mumps. It’s off putting when she edits herself to look completely different. Even the makeup looks so different.
Attached a picture to show her thumbnail then her in the actual video where the eyeshadow, highlighter, lipstick colour etc all looks different and you can see the blur on her left jawline in the thumbnail where she has clearly edited her chin/jaw.

You would be surprised. I know vloggers like Lydia Millen earn well over a £1,000,000 a year (you can view their company details online) and Jamie has more of a following than her. I’m always surprised she isn’t spending more, (seriously, how inexpensive would it be to replace that manky carpet and old wooden dining table they have) and she always mentions money like her and Jack aren’t loaded lol. It’s little things like this that I think has made her likeable to so many (I’m personally not a fan but from what I gather she isn’t on top of the list of influencers with the most ‘haters’). She comes off relatable and humble. She always makes a point of saying stuff like “I thought about buying a Dior bag for ages so really treated myself to it” yet says this about every designer purchase and what about that top of the range Range Rover and Mustang on her drive. She has a load of money but makes out she doesn’t. Also, another thing she hides is the amount of staff working for her. Her parents are never ever in her vlogs but every once in a while she will let slip a clue that her Mum is at her house nearly everyday, cooks for them a lot and her Dad does most of the DIY/handywork in the house. Then she has her friend Charlotte doing admin. But her vlogs are an image of her and her partner living alone, working hard, being humble and having the same struggles as the viewers. She isn’t fooling me. I think they’re saving for another house, they aren’t spending loads on the current house as they aren’t planning on staying there for long. Mortagage companies won’t accept them if they have bad credit from the past so they might be waiting for the 5 years from bad credit to pass and also you need to show at least 3 years worth of earnings. I’m not sure how long she has been making big money but just I’n guessing by now she would be able to get a mortgage big enough for a decent house. I give it a few months before they move into a huge house and they’ll deck it all out and splurge on it then we’ll get to see the real Jamie and Jack. Not as humble as they like us to think they are :). Oh, I forgot, she only wears Mariah Tash jewellery, it costs like £600 for a little nose stud. Yet she claims she doesn’t splurge 😂.
I used to love her but honestly one little thing put me off her. A follower on Instagram asked (on a heavily edited pic) of she has cheek filler and she said no! She has vlogged getting cheek filler from la belle form in Glasgow so it really irked me she would lie like that?? . She probably meant she had no recent cheek filler maybe? But still she did not say that, she said no when asked if she has cheek filler.. I find I hard when her followers remark on how amazing she looks bare faced and doesn't amit to what procedures she has had fully, people think she's so natural without make up, no, she's had ALOT of work don't with fillers and botox. Be transparent . It was just a little thing but it was enough for me to unsub.

Just to say... No hate! Good for her she's made an awesome career but don't lie to these young girls it doesn't sit well

Reactions: 13
Used to love Jamie so much but stopped watching most of her content as I feel she's not relatable now! I feel like now all her content is sponsored or only gifted stuff she's using and only puts it out to get paid or get new brand deals.

Also find it very strange that they live in that house which doesn't look very pleasant or aesthetically pleasing when her and Jack as a couple seem so bloody materialistic/rich now? She could make incredible content out of doing up their home as I really like her personality and style and lord knows she's got the means to be able to afford an incredible renovation.. She mentioned doing up their bedroom recently but it seems they've been in that house a real long time and this is the real first improvement she's making aside from what we see on Instagram or Youtube (the filming space/beauty room)...

My most recent gripe with her impact on the industry is that every girl who's a *touch* alternative now copies absolutely everything she does like she's some sort of blueprint for alt fashion and beauty now! The bleach blonde streaks at the front of the hair that everybody jumped on - hideous!

Reactions: 9
I can’t even be bothered watching her vlogs anymore.

she makes me feel like I need a shower, how can someone seem so dirty, everything about the two of them seems unwashed, irritating and dirty.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
The Urban Decay AD. She puts it ONCE and it’s barely visible then proceeds her stories with codes, swipe ups, the lot without the AD visible on ANY of the stories at ALL.

WHY. WHY. WHY. WHY. WHY.

The Urban Decay AD. She puts it ONCE and it’s barely visible then proceeds her stories with codes, swipe ups, the lot without the AD visible on ANY of the stories at ALL.

WHY. WHY. WHY. WHY. WHY.
It’s just deliberately being deceitful now. It’s terrible.

Reactions: 10
Jack is absolutely bloody gorgeous, I’m surprised she manages to get anything done what with that accent and him strolling around half naked all the time tbh. Drool.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 14
Jack is absolutely bloody gorgeous, I’m surprised she manages to get anything done what with that accent and him strolling around half naked all the time tbh. Drool.
This is sarcasm... right?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
😂 Best laugh I’ve had for ages.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
She’s known the owner of NAF for years and most likely pays for her nails. She’s been self employed in make up so she gets the business side of it.
Exactly, I really doubt it’s done for free. Her and Tammy seem genuine enough between them that it’s probably just a normal go and get your nails done set up (although she probably jumps the queue but whatever) and if it wasn’t one of them would declare it.

Jack pouring her wine down the sink???? what on earth. Also him punching that punching bag with clubland classix on wishing he one day he could be Connor macgregor lol

• Haha
I don’t understand why she lives where she does. It’s about a mile or so from where I live and she’s not far off a really busy main road. Her house was around 300-320k and is awful considering what it is and the condition they bought it in. You can buy 10x better than that within a few miles of her current location.

I get really annoyed about her getting a second dog as I think it was all for vlog content. As someone said, they’re always travelling and the dogs are left with her parents for weeks at a time. How is that fair?

Plus that car of Jack’s. What is it, a Maserati or something? We drive by their place sometimes (not in a creepy way) and the car is always just sitting there. Why do you need it? To drive to Sainsbury’s and back? Collect dust while you’re out of the country 50%+ of the time. Absolutely crazy.

Reactions: 17
I honestly used to love her but now I just think she’s so unrelatable! Posting a skincare routine last week with a total value of £1000 (most of it gifted to her too) then this week posting an ‘Affordable Skincare’ video, where more than 1 of the products are minis of luxury skincare items🤣 so out of touch for those who can’t afford to go and buy, or get gifted the things she does. I just think she needs to stick to make up and not go near skincare either and she comes across as not having much true knowledge and just being big on brand names🙄

Reactions: 13
I honestly used to love her but now I just think she’s so unrelatable! Posting a skincare routine last week with a total value of £1000 (most of it gifted to her too) then this week posting an ‘Affordable Skincare’ video, where more than 1 of the products are minis of luxury skincare items🤣 so out of touch for those who can’t afford to go and buy, or get gifted the things she does. I just think she needs to stick to make up and not go near skincare either and she comes across as not having much true knowledge and just being big on brand names🙄
Agreed. I love JG! However, her skin care vids are totally unrelatable considering cost of products she uses. Also, doesn’t seem to have the correct knowledge around the use of acids, etc. Which is dangerous - they are chemically exfoliating your skin, leaving it vulnerable to chemical burns. If I was her I’d just stick to make up and dogs - much safer, much relatable.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.