Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Candycrush

Chatty Member
Even the fitness stuff now just seems to be to justify his own looks. If someone is more muscular than him, they must be on steroids. If someone has a six pack then they must have no personality.

The whole, here are the secrets of the "fitness industry" approach on his last post whilst having a manic grin. What was that all about. He worked in Fitness First for about 5 years? It's like a taxi driver trying to give the secrets of the automotive industry.

I'm at a loss as to who he's aiming his content at now. Is it the average gym goer, PTs, wannabe PTs, trying to get a reaction from other Instagramers? It just seems to be a bit detached from the real world.

Ben Carpenter's IG content on the other hand has been very good recently.
I know people here don't like Diren and I don't argue with that. He was a dick during lockdown, leads women up the garden path, that video he sent to a TL member was vile and I'm not that keen on the gangster persona when he's around other people either. But I feel like he's on the up whereas James is on the down. If someone asked him about bereavement I actually think he'd give a better response than James did. His Q&A on his stories most days are quite helpful to the people asking the questions and he's probably a decent PT. He's done it longer than James (already at Fitness First when James joined). He comes across as someone who looks after his family and likely makes sure his clients are happy with his service. James on the other hand seems to be going the other way. Morphing into his fair points character during day to day life along with a cling on girlfriend who appears to tag along to every lads event going. I'm not Diren btw, I've slagged him off loads before 😂

Side note to add Ben's stories using Sohee's beauty products today 👌

• Heart
Reactions: 16

Illegal76

I listed to a previous podcast of fair points. The guy is a total douche he said he splits up with people on WhatsApp and then refuses to meet them face to face to discuss as he doesn’t owe them that courtesy anymore as he is no longer their boyfriend. Words fail me -Totally fucked. Ferris/ Sonny said well that’s a bit harsh surely if it’s a longer relationship you owe them though and even then he wouldn’t really concede the point. It was quite chilling how absolutely he believes he’s right.

• Wow

Hunty

Chatty Member
I do like Paul Olima, I think he has a bit more originality to him than Diren and felicity, I find him really funny, and well I'm a sucker for an Irish accent 😂🤷🏻‍♀️. I used to quite like Jayde, before he got his 10k, suddenly he is incredibly arrogant, maybe he was always like that and I just never noticed it, but ugh he annoys me something awful now, he tries too hard, I said it on the other thread and I didn't add her to my top 5 as she isn't fitness like the other but Lucy Lord, I just bloody love her, her and James's friendship is just lush, like they really are proper true friends, unlike his other hangers on, she isn't out for what she can get from him, she is just a genuinely supportive friend

• Heart
It does bring a smile to my face to see that people are starting to see through James Smith and his circle-jerk of orbiters.

Let me begin by saying he does provide some decent information, however the info that he provides is nothing special or groundbreaking that you wouldn’t find from any other half-decent PT (admittedly they are a rarity nowadays). Of course it does help that he’s a handsome chap with a “bad boy” attitude, therefore his personality is a “buy in” strategy that gets certain demographics to listen in.

But even then some of his knowledge is outdated, or stepping out of his scope of knowledge on some topics (his deadlift tutorial “Injury/spine” comments come to mind). It certainly doesn’t help that his cocky attitude and the cartoon character he has turned himself into does not allow for constructive criticism without his cultists pouncing on you in the comments.
One particular gripe of mine is the ramming of “Calorie fucking deficit!” down his audience throats. You would almost think that he had discovered thermodynamics by himself. Is the process of weight/fat loss determined by the physiological process of a caloric deficit? Yes. Is it as simple as just shouting CFD over and over again? No. There are many socioeconomic factors at play, from people’s economic situation, co-dependants, education, mental health status, religion, working hours etc etc. Unless I’ve missed some vital pearls of wisdom from James, it seems that he brushes all of these factors aside in favour of his catch phrase.

Related to this gripe, is his “eat the rich” attitude and comments he has displayed in the past, which is hypocritical considering his lavish upbringing. Being a bit of a shit as a kid growing up and suddenly shouting “fuck tories!” In your 20’s doesn’t put you on par with the lower class or working man/woman James. “See, I’m one of you! I promise!”. Aside from that I also find it extremely disrespectful how he and his cling-ons were flaunting lockdown rules during COVID.

All in all, he’s a decent (certainly not top tier) PT that has done well for himself being a one trick catch phrase shouting pony. But despite the novelty of being the good looking bad boy, the mask is starting to slip. He’s a privileged man child that believes in his own hype.

Side note - a little off topic, but I find it amusing that Influencers such as Lucy Mountain who suddenly rebranded themselves as anti-diet culture/feminist still crawl up James’s arsehole. It’s a little reminder that these fake personalities are not your ally, they are adapting their character to the flavour of the year.

Last edited:

Opalfruit8

VIP Member
I suppose that makes sense if he needs to reign it in a bit! They seem more subdued than James!

Ferris seems keen to get in on the insta fame, I don’t know how he can put up with them all to be honest!
Willets doesn’t seem that into it from the little I’ve seen of him, does he?
The one thing I picked up on in the podcasts is Ferris constantly boot licking. He consistently tells James how he’s an inspiration to him and one of his best mates etc.

If this was school, he’d be the runt of the litter And James is constantly digging him out. James loves the attention he gets from Ferris you can tell

And I’m sorry but a grown man calling himself the “fezinator4000” is ridiculous lol

• Haha
Reactions: 15

CocoLou

I feel like all my Christmases have come at once now that I have found other people who share my utter dislike for that actual TWAT felicity. None of my friends feel my pain because she’s so irrelevant most people don’t even know who she is but ERGH. Who does she think she is? She really thinks she’s something, i do not think there’s any other ‘influencer’ (I use that term begrudgingly because who in there right mind would be influenced my that utter twat) who I can’t stand more then her. I can’t wait until her 5 mins of fame is over and she realises people were only interested in following her because she piggy backed off of James. The girl needs to be knocked down a peg or 2. The comment today about the massive sizes as well, and the defensive video she did after TRYING to explain her self, she’s a stupid bitch. Can you not just apologise and say sorry I maybe was not clear.. instead she comes back with a sarcastic video with her stupid face. Oh and do not even get me started on her stupid sappy childish Tik Toks and her stupid tongue hanging out the side of her mouth every other video. Can you tell i have been holding this in a while? I HATE her LOL. Sorry 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart

Cloff

VIP Member
Just fast forwarded to check this out. Fuck me (no not literally James). A 10 second heartfelt response would have been enough. Given that his new book is selling himself as a life coach it's even worse.
Made me so angry! Imagin losing a child and then having someone say “you brought a fucking dead child to our podcast“ I would’ve left it out of the edit and emailed her with some recommendations for bereavement support services.

What a complete toss bag

Candycrush

Chatty Member
Has anyone heard Diren and Lucy on Direns podcast? Want to listen to Lucy but not sure I want to deal with Diren lol.

so close to unsubscribing to James’ emails as well,I’m just not getting anything from him.
James isn't putting much effort into the emails lately. There's a lot of typos in them. He would call me a boring twat if he saw this but ironically he's the first to jump on someone else if they comment on his page with typos so I'm justified in saying it haha.

• Haha

Fi scot

He’s not sneak taking any pics, James is always private about his relationships, there’s no way Ferris is doing anything without the big boss’ permission.

I’ll get you followers you keep being in my entourage - must be good to always have a sober mate around when your wasted!

Reactions: 14

OhhBacon

VIP Member
Why do these influencers keep saying we're all really unhappy so we come here because we're unhappy? I'm here cause I find this website to be a pretty safe space to talk constructively about things that concern me about influencer culture. I'm actually in probably the best place mentally I've ever been, my career is going pretty well and I have a stable income, I just adopted a rescue dog, I have my own car, I'm the fittest I've ever been....
Totally agree with you, I am on tattle for the interesting discussion around the sales and marketing, peer pressure, child privacy, dodgy selling, wellness trends, fitness or body positivity issues etc etc that are part of the influence culture.

I am not here because I am unhappy, it‘s such a ridiculous claim made by many of these Instagram influencer.

With regards to this lot I find it interesting how under qualified they are to be spouting the tosh that they try to sell and frankly the mindset course sales pitch is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. What has she read, studied, experienced to create this course?

The ego is out of control on this lot, James is clearly well read and has written a good book. I have read it and was impressed by how we’ll read he is. The rest of them just about cling on to his succes.

As regards time the Bali/Oz situation, I have been there and done it. Fortunately my travelling days where 20 years ago. We all worked in Oz for a year and spent another year backpacking, it was great and we were all skinny and fit (genetics and being 20). Since then we all grew up, settled down and bought houses, had kids etc
She is still going through the ‘I have no life plan and I am a cool free spirit phase’. It’s like teenage boys who become goths...they all grow up and grow out of it.

I own my own house, have some land, some pets and grow a lot of my own veg, still manage to do a lot of travel ..so sorry Becca I really am not jealous of you or am I unhappy.

*Edited to add, sorry for the rant but this is aimed at all the James Smith going on gang who are in their 20’s lecturing people with a lot more experience about how to live a free and crazy life. Come back to me when you are 40 and actually have something to say.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Freckles19

I'm actually relieved to see this being discussed here when I didn't see any comments on it on Instagram/ YouTube. I've unfollowed them all since that podcast. Beyond disgusting. And James puts up a post today then about suicide and how we need to discuss it more. Oh right but only for 45 seconds is it, James? So it doesn't put a downer on your convo? What an insensitive prick. Does he not see the hypocrisy in his "check in on your mates" and "reach out"? That woman reached out. To them. And he quite literally would have had to have tried handle it any worse. So disappointed with all of them after watching it.

Galz

Chatty Member
It shows such immaturity that James would brush over the topic of her son passing away and wanting to talk about women's pubic hair instead. Like grow the F up. It costs nothing to be a decent human being. Just because u brand urself as a no nonsense business man does not mean u treat people like shit to be edgy. I think he has massive unresolved issues. He is desperately trying to hold on to his youth. Everyone knows guys like this that think they are better than the rest cos the play cod,drink,play sports or go gym and do drugs. They are a dime a dozen of James in the world just not as many have the cult following that he has. I can't listen to the podcast because my eyes roll to the back of my head so much I'm afraid they won't come forward again. They eventually find a girl that "changes them" but she doesn't really they settle down but they are the same. They just tone it down somewhat the views on women or the drug talk. They still talk the same shit they just air there opinions in a quieter way cos majority of people don't have a stupid podcast. Half of them still cheat because they can they actively choose a women that won't leave them. They test her along the way to see how far they can push stuff. Massive manipulators in this world. And he is a huge manipulator and narsacistic man child.

Froggies

Chatty Member
The IFS thing, I’d forgotten how desperate that all was 😂 everyone clambering over themselves to get a photo with James and Diren and to party with them. It was just a weekend for attention seekers. Who would normally wear a bikini with “team cunt” written on it, for instance?! 😂
JSAM was cliquey before IFS but it upped its game massively during and afterwards and became an even more unpleasant group. It was also too big. Part of the draw of paying for membership was the Facebook group for support but even after you stopped paying, you weren’t booted out so it sort of made it really pointless.
During a challenge people post updates and progress photos/chat...this challenge is called “beat the boss”. James hadn’t posted in the group once in the few months before I left. He’s gone from being a supportive, active member to just sitting on his throne taking money from his groupies.

• Haha
Reactions: 13

Whatever123

VIP Member
I’m very into fitness but I can’t abide this twat so don’t follow. He’s so aggressive. Anyway, it popped up saying he was doing a live after I just watched someone else’s so I just thought I’d tune in on a whim.... did anyone else see it?! This man is a pig. It wasn’t fitness related, he was talking about how he wants to be a single dad and basically saying it’ll be better for his kids if he and the mother were separated. He was talking about this (future, nonexistent) mother like she was nothing better than a baby making machine.
He was telling people to leave their marriages.
I couldn’t believe what I was hearing!
The man is so vile, saying things like ‘if I fuck someone without a condom and I look at the body and think it looks good, I think meh, don’t mind if she gets pregnant’ 🙄 so all he cares about is looks in regard to the mother of his children?!

I don’t know who he even thinks he is to be talking about this stuff. Stick to talking about a calorie deficit you absolute narcissistic loser!

• Wow
  • Angry

HHH_7

I saw he was on bragging about it and even showing pics she had sent of the stained mattress and topper. In the early stages of a new relationship, or never mind in an established one Im not sure its something to be boasting about. She is setting her standards very low if she thinks its hilarious.
Yes no doubtanyone questioning it will be labelled as a complete bore.
Probably reassures Shona that she had a very lucky escape!
If someone pissed in my bed that early on in a relationship then.... BOY BYE 😆

Disclaimer... I wouldn’t want anyone to piss in my bed at any point in a relationship

• Haha

Steeevo

Latest stories. Steals his mate's coffee. Tells someone to FO because they question the amount of plastic used by his favourite food supplier. Leaves unnecessarily shitty message on someone's car who has parked in front of his drive and films it.

This is a grown up who thinks they're qualified to be a life coach?

I have recently unfollowed the majority of this group. I find it better for my head to just eradicate them completely, the reaction to the grieving parent threw me over the edge, and that video of Diren.

Best thing to do is to follow James for 5 minutes, get his calorie deficit message and then swiftly unfollow.

I find it very unhealthy how instagram driven their lives are, I doubt one experience can go unnoticed, at any given point I feel like they automatically think, 'can i story this?'.

I still follow Ben and Sohee, I would honestly be broken if they weren't as lovely in real life as they are on instagram.

Genuinely think they hardest way to hit these guys is to unfollow/unsubscribe, they base everything on followers. James was constantly saying 'when I only had 1,000 followers' - or something to that effect, as though that the is basis for success in life...I find it odd.

Last edited:

Icemaiden01

Chatty Member
His life advice is normally “don’t bother getting a mortgage” and “go travelling if you want” and “calorie fucking deficit” not really going to get you too far....