James Smith PT #2 James Smith & his insta clique.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do these influencers keep saying we're all really unhappy so we come here because we're unhappy? I'm here cause I find this website to be a pretty safe space to talk constructively about things that concern me about influencer culture. I'm actually in probably the best place mentally I've ever been, my career is going pretty well and I have a stable income, I just adopted a rescue dog, I have my own car, I'm the fittest I've ever been....

I didn't even know who this girl was until she started sharing screenshots of people's screen names. Did she ever consider that's why people come here anonymously? Because we don't want people piling onto us for having opinions? Yeah, I don't agree with everything that was said about her, but she has to understand that a lot of people come here to vent because they don't have any other place. Like I've said on another thread, posting about these sites can actually drive people (who are a lot nastier) to here, like I've seen on the Teen Mum: Young and Pregnant thread. I can't even watch that thread anymore because it moves so fast after the girls started posting about it on their instagrams! Best thing for an influencer to do is to block the entire site and just make peace with the fact that not everyone will agree with your content.

Reactions: 5
Why do these influencers keep saying we're all really unhappy so we come here because we're unhappy? I'm here cause I find this website to be a pretty safe space to talk constructively about things that concern me about influencer culture. I'm actually in probably the best place mentally I've ever been, my career is going pretty well and I have a stable income, I just adopted a rescue dog, I have my own car, I'm the fittest I've ever been....

I didn't even know who this girl was until she started sharing screenshots of people's screen names. Did she ever consider that's why people come here anonymously? Because we don't want people piling onto us for having opinions? Yeah, I don't agree with everything that was said about her, but she has to understand that a lot of people come here to vent because they don't have any other place. Like I've said on another thread, posting about these sites can actually drive people (who are a lot nastier) to here, like I've seen on the Teen Mum: Young and Pregnant thread. I can't even watch that thread anymore because it moves so fast after the girls started posting about it on their instagrams! Best thing for an influencer to do is to block the entire site and just make peace with the fact that not everyone will agree with your content.
If influencers allowed an open discussion on their grid posts or DM’s then tattle wouldn’t be so popular. I fully appreciate there are people out there who will send nasty comments etc but there are others who try to engage in practical discussions about questionable products they are promoting or something they have said and do so in a respectful manner. Their comment is either deleted immediately, they are blocked, called trolls and then piled on by the rest of the people who follow that influencer.

Reactions: 5
Sorry I'm really late to this convo 😂. I used to follow james used to think he was great, until I paid for his plan. Oh my life I cancelled after a few days. It was tit. I follow alot of individual female fitness accounts on Instagram with free content and their workouts are 1000% better than his. I'm not sure quite how he has become so successful because he's really not that good at his 'job'.

Reactions: 4
Well for someone who wasn’t bothered about what was said here she sure used a lot of stories to talk about it. And she mentioned there were threads (plural) about her? She’s been mentioned on here a few times and I’m assuming that Irish instagrammers thread but can’t see threads solely about her?

the term troll is so overused,basically if anyone says anything negative-whether constructive or not,they get tarred with the ‘brush’ thread. To me a troll would be on her social media feeds posting horrible things to her right where she can see. Choosing to discuss some of these morons (and to be fair they aren’t all morons but plenty of them have questionable ethics/qualifications) on this platform is better than bombarding someone’s feed.
And as history shows,drawing peoples attention to tattle just shows a lot of people what some of the awful influencers are really like.
if you don’t like being discussed on here then don’t read it-very easy to avoid the site.

And I agree that I hate the automatic conclusion that we must all be miserable,jealous(that did make me laugh tbf) and unwell. The arrogance of them to think they have ANYTHING that I would possible be jealous of is just ridiculous.

Reactions: 8
Well for someone who wasn’t bothered about what was said here she sure used a lot of stories to talk about it. And she mentioned there were threads (plural) about her? She’s been mentioned on here a few times and I’m assuming that Irish instagrammers thread but can’t see threads solely about her?

the term troll is so overused,basically if anyone says anything negative-whether constructive or not,they get tarred with the ‘brush’ thread. To me a troll would be on her social media feeds posting horrible things to her right where she can see. Choosing to discuss some of these morons (and to be fair they aren’t all morons but plenty of them have questionable ethics/qualifications) on this platform is better than bombarding someone’s feed.
And as history shows,drawing peoples attention to tattle just shows a lot of people what some of the awful influencers are really like.
if you don’t like being discussed on here then don’t read it-very easy to avoid the site.

And I agree that I hate the automatic conclusion that we must all be miserable,jealous(that did make me laugh tbf) and unwell. The arrogance of them to think they have ANYTHING that I would possible be jealous of is just ridiculous.
Perhaps it’s easier for them to stomach the fact that people have a space to openly discuss them by thinking we are all miserable (lol) jealous (bigger lol) and unwell. I also agree that she has been mentioned on here very little out of everyone discussed. Putting this on her stories is going to have the opposite outcome to what she thinks. It will drive lots of new members here.

Reactions: 3
Listen nobody will he bothering with washed up 50 year old PT's leathered from the sun in Bali. It's fine to piss around in your 20's "going with the flow" but unless you are building some multi million pound business (which they aren't?) Your days are numbered selling out on insta or flogging training programmes. You would think they were the first people to be enlightened by a book (someone else's hard work 🙄) or to write an email. It's just repetitive nonsense that has a sell by date and they would be better off laying the foundations for a solid career and future. Unless they are planning on setting themselves up with some rich man/woman.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Sorry I'm really late to this convo 😂. I used to follow james used to think he was great, until I paid for his plan. Oh my life I cancelled after a few days. It was tit. I follow alot of individual female fitness accounts on Instagram with free content and their workouts are 1000% better than his. I'm not sure quite how he has become so successful because he's really not that good at his 'job'.
I had pretty good results in his academy when I was a member. I guess it’s about finding something that works for you and that you enjoy sticking with. If you can find it for free, all the better.

Reactions: 7
I read his book and a lot of it was stuff I already knew, it's about actually being motivated enough to do it.

Reactions: 2
Is there anything worse than this clique saying "comments don't bother me because my mental health is strong enough to ignore it" oh yes it's people who follow up with "swipe up to buy my programme and let me teach you how to improve your mental health as well"

Reactions: 6
Isn’t it the fitness chef (Graeme Tomlinson)? It looks very much like his posting style.
No it’s not, he posted an image of Graemes post after that post above and said to follow Graeme for evidence based / non misleading posts. I agree that they do look like similar posts tho!
Also Graeme Tomlinson is one of the best food/health instagrams to follow in my opinion!

Reactions: 2
Totally agree with you, I am on tattle for the interesting discussion around the sales and marketing, peer pressure, child privacy, dodgy selling, wellness trends, fitness or body positivity issues etc etc that are part of the influence culture.

I am not here because I am unhappy, it‘s such a ridiculous claim made by many of these Instagram influencer.

With regards to this lot I find it interesting how under qualified they are to be spouting the tosh that they try to sell and frankly the mindset course sales pitch is the most ridiculous thing I have heard. What has she read, studied, experienced to create this course?

The ego is out of control on this lot, James is clearly well read and has written a good book. I have read it and was impressed by how we’ll read he is. The rest of them just about cling on to his succes.

As regards time the Bali/Oz situation, I have been there and done it. Fortunately my travelling days where 20 years ago. We all worked in Oz for a year and spent another year backpacking, it was great and we were all skinny and fit (genetics and being 20). Since then we all grew up, settled down and bought houses, had kids etc
She is still going through the ‘I have no life plan and I am a cool free spirit phase’. It’s like teenage boys who become goths...they all grow up and grow out of it.

I own my own house, have some land, some pets and grow a lot of my own veg, still manage to do a lot of travel ..so sorry Becca I really am not jealous of you or am I unhappy.

*Edited to add, sorry for the rant but this is aimed at all the James Smith going on gang who are in their 20’s lecturing people with a lot more experience about how to live a free and crazy life. Come back to me when you are 40 and actually have something to say.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.