James Smith PT #2 James Smith & his insta clique.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He also seems to think he is the only male who has bothered to research this and that we should be honoured that he has taken the time to research something that doesn’t affect him.
To be fair, I’ve had several PTs over the years - male and female - who didn’t have this level of knowledge about womens’ cycles. JS talking about it to his large following might make more PTs go and do some research for themselves to be in a better position to understand and help their clients.

Reactions: 6
To be fair, I’ve had several PTs over the years - male and female - who didn’t have this level of knowledge about womens’ cycles. JS talking about it to his large following might make more PTs go and do some research for themselves to be in a better position to understand and help their clients.
I agree that it’s good to encourage others to research this I just don’t like the way he goes on sometimes as if he actually discovered this information through his own studies-I find often he spouts information as if it’s his own and it grates on me sometimes.

Reactions: 1
I agree that it’s good to encourage others to research this I just don’t like the way he goes on sometimes as if he actually discovered this information through his own studies-I find often he spouts information as if it’s his own and it grates on me sometimes.
Funny I was listening to fair points 5 and he started talking about how money etc doesnt exist and humans only evolved because we are good at telling stories, it was Sapiens nearly word for word! I have noticed it with atomic habits and subtle art of not giving a duck too.
He doesnt credit sources properly just passes them off as his own thoughts . Nothing wrong with passing knowledge on but at least say where it has come from, he could learn a thing or 2 from Ben carpenter

Funny I was listening to fair points 5 and he started talking about how money etc doesnt exist and humans only evolved because we are good at telling stories, it was Sapiens nearly word for word! I have noticed it with atomic habits and subtle art of not giving a duck too.
He doesnt credit sources properly just passes them off as his own thoughts . Nothing wrong with passing knowledge on but at least say where it has come from, he could learn a thing or 2 from Ben carpenter
Yeah, I've noticed he sounds like he's massively influenced by Mark Manson. His new book sounds like it's going to be exactly like "the subtle art of not giving a duck".

Yes this is what annoys me,and of course people who don’t know those original sources will think that these are James Smith original thoughts which I think is very cheeky and unethical. Hardly takes a minute to throw in a quick credit to the original person.

I had the audiobook for the first book so not sure if the written version was any better but his reference to sources pretty much stretched to his insta mates.

I personally detest it when he says that women shouldn’t witch and complain about having a mum tum because there are plenty of women who would give anything to have kids but can’t. I mean,I’m capable of having compassion and empathy for women with fertility problems but it doesn’t magic away any grievance I have with my own body.

he is absolutely off his rocker if he really believes that men are under more societal pressure to look a certain way than women.

Yeah those comments he made were ridiculous and I think it’s because he knew his obsessed fans would be slapping him on the back for his ‘funny’ comments. Surely people are entitled to leave one star reviews and it doesn’t make them a troll-I would be fuming
To buy a product that only had five star reviews because the bad reviews were filtered out-this is the same thing. Some people can think his stuff is shite-he goes on about being happy not pleasing everyone but he certainly gets a stick up his arse when he gets criticised.
All of this is spot on!!!

He passes off coloured jokes about ethnic minorities all the time .. ankles like an Asian women etc .. it is subtle but still racist .. unless everyone finds these jokes funny??

Probably less than a minute into the new podcast and were talking about how they are parked in their car and that’s why they have no seatbelts on and James has said he knows there are some bleeping snowflakes out there who listen and started to complain about the one star review they got. Like duck off you immature moron. Criticism is going to happen,stop being a bleeping child about it-I’m really tempted to leave a review now to complain about this-I wouldn’t leave a one star as I do on the whole enjoy it and I like hearing from sonny and ferris but if they can’t take the tiniest bit of criticism then I lose respect for them.

Also notice in James emails at the bottom it says ‘pre order my (soon to be) best selling book’ which just reeks of arrogance-I wish there was a way for sales to be broken down to see how many of his sales actually comes from people who aren’t in his obsessed fan base (yes I bought the last one but would not call myself obsessed by any stretch)

Pretty sure I’ve also just heard him defend a YouTuber doing black face

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Probably less than a minute into the new podcast and were talking about how they are parked in their car and that’s why they have no seatbelts on and James has said he knows there are some bleeping snowflakes out there who listen and started to complain about the one star review they got. Like duck off you immature moron. Criticism is going to happen,stop being a bleeping child about it-I’m really tempted to leave a review now to complain about this-I wouldn’t leave a one star as I do on the whole enjoy it and I like hearing from sonny and ferris but if they can’t take the tiniest bit of criticism then I lose respect for them.

Also notice in James emails at the bottom it says ‘pre order my (soon to be) best selling book’ which just reeks of arrogance-I wish there was a way for sales to be broken down to see how many of his sales actually comes from people who aren’t in his obsessed fan base (yes I bought the last one but would not call myself obsessed by any stretch)

Pretty sure I’ve also just heard him defend a YouTuber doing black face
He’s still banging on about the one star review??? Interesting how it’s still clearly affecting him. I find James incredibly boring and have done for quite a long time. I’m on the verge of unfollowing.

He’s still banging on about the one star review??? Interesting how it’s still clearly affecting him. I find James incredibly boring and have done for quite a long time. I’m on the verge of unfollowing.
I’d say they spent a good 10-15 minutes on it,ridiculous. He is starting to annoy me more and more-I find just as I’m getting annoyed enough to unfollow he starts being less annoying again so I stick around-I really just need to hit that button lol

Reactions: 2
I’d say they spent a good 10-15 minutes on it,ridiculous. He is starting to annoy me more and more-I find just as I’m getting annoyed enough to unfollow he starts being less annoying again so I stick around-I really just need to hit that button lol
I’m not exaggerating when I say this but, I haven’t watched his stories with the sound on for the best part of a year. Despite this, I can still tell what he’s banging on about, funnily enough 😂 I don’t mind reading his captions on his grid posts sometimes but, it’s all very repetitive these days.

• Haha
Interesting that Sinead the girl who won the challenge then became a coach for him has removed JSA academy coach from her insta. Always a weird choice when she qualified after winning the challenge and had practically zero experience

Reactions: 3
Interesting that Sinead the girl who won the challenge then became a coach for him has removed JSA academy coach from her insta. Always a weird choice when she qualified after winning the challenge and had practically zero experience
Well that lasted all of five minutes! Wonder if that was her choice or his? Always disliked that decision as I think it totally weakened any appeal to the academy. I know new PTs have to start somewhere but if I’m paying for a programme through JSA I want someone who has experience behind them not just another one of these people who flits from place to place pretending they are living the dream

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Well that lasted all of five minutes! Wonder if that was her choice or his? Always disliked that decision as I think it totally weakened any appeal to the academy. I know new PTs have to start somewhere but if I’m paying for a programme through JSA I want someone who has experience behind them not just another one of these people who flits from place to place pretending they are living the dream
Interesting development. I bet it was she decided to leave, if that’s what happened. She was in oz where she was living the dream. Then she was in the UK, again, living the dream. Then she got the job with Martin Macdonald which she was ecstatic about and left after about a week to go back to oz. Then became a PT, then got the JSA job. Strange if she has now left JSA.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.