Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maid22

VIP Member
Agree with you all, their vlogs are so different now, really quite boring when they can be bothered to upload, it's like, oh we better film something, Claire was hardly in that vlog, it was mostly all about James, his clothes haul, haircut and going to a film premiere 😴

Reactions: 3

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Ah I really liked their last one. In isolation.
Much snappier editing.
They are both so funny and likeable.

Maid22

VIP Member
I do find it strange that people with as much money and success as they do need to beg for money by putting that option on their youtube. I quite enjoyed these vlogs as it seemed to be a hobby aside from their careers which made it more enjoyable as not desperate for money.
Yes take the money that it brings you but to demand/beg for more is insulting and doesn't sit right morally.
Absolutely, they don't struggle like most of us, and asking for money is soo wrong, what so they pop out a vlog and need the the money, shame on them!

leigh213

VIP Member
In today's one, when asked if they'd go on I'm a Celebrity, they were joking "you never know, we've got a mortgage to pay".
So I guess they haven't paid it off like we thought?

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
James Buckley becomes Cameo's first ever millionaire just from filming videos

Fair play to him. He was one of the biggest names in this country doing really well on cameo back when it was fairly new. He obviously put the time in to do this. Now he's reaping the rewards.

I know it's only recording himself wishing people happy birthdays etc, but apparently it takes up a lot of time. He was doing about 50 a day If I remember what he said rightly via his streaming back during lockdown.

viewtube

VIP Member
I didn't mind at all Tom in there, because he was so down to earth and seems like a really nice guy. Don't know if you meant him too, but I completely agree if it's others like Joe, it comes across as performative a bit.

Me too, I'm glad to see what they've got upcoming :)
It's more the YouTube hangers on, they really are obnoxious. Tom was very quiet, I must admit Danny Dyer irritated me, he always comes across like he's playing a character instead of being himself

viewtube

VIP Member
I’d agree, once you’re a film star you can technically expect a higher fee for ads than every day regular people with 9-5 jobs who just decided to start a YT channel, I’ve not gone off them though as some people are saying here, I’m still enjoying the vlogs
I still like them as a family, because they are fairly down to earth, I also like that they don't show the children, at least they prioritise the boys safety, too many vloggers seem to ignore any risks they may be exposing their kids to

viewtube

VIP Member
I was watching youtube and it looks like James has mad a real Ad for Volkswagon,with a group of children. It was quite bizarre ,hes driving round picking up random children talking to them about the car and all its features.

• Haha
  • Wow

viewtube

VIP Member
Have just started watching again after a long time away, but I actually really enjoy them again. Dunno why there was a lull for me for a while.
I do appreciate they still shield their kids from YouTube so well, fair dues they seem like great parents. Although sometimes I wonder what the boys think of their parents filming a lot and being busy with that kind of thing to where they can't come in the frame, I just wonder how they've explained that.

I also saw that they stayed at Chewton Glen where Zoe and Alfie and all them were often gifted stays, must've been nice and every credit that the place let them have a Rottweiler there, I was shocked but that's a good thing really since she's so sweet.

The kitchen is not my style but I have to say, aesthetically, it looks pretty darn good. The lighting when the overhead lights are off is super cool.

I've also been wondering how well they do financially to have done the reno and I looked up the cost of that oven and lost my jaw on the floor!! But they seem like they have managed money well throughout off and on acting work to be able to do that so fair dues again.

I watched in reverse so watched the opening night vlog of James' play, feat Tom Felton, and I am MORE shocked at the fact they're such good friends with Joe and Alfie than I am that they are with Tom. I just wonder how they even got started hanging out. It must be a wild feeling for Alfie and Joe watching James on the Inbetweeners and then now they're mates.
Must admit my least favourite vlogs are the ones with celeb or YouTube friends, I find those a little bit 'too much', but as a couple/family I really enjoy the vlogs , because they come across as quite relatable and normal (whatever normal is). Their vlogs are my guilty pleasure each week and look forward to whatever they share with us

leigh213

VIP Member
Yes I enjoyed the last one too. Not a lot happened but that is when they are funniest I think.
Sorry no idea about the plant thing!

no worries, thanks all the same :)

I've been watching their vlogs since they first started (having been a longtime subscriber of James' "Completed it Mate" channel) and I really like them. Down to earth, normal, not whacky, good parents, wholesome etc.

I always assumed that James must make so much money from Cameo they'll never be hard up so Claire won't need to work.

But on that note, I always wondered if there are any legal/contractual considerations when an actor will be "in character" for Cameos. Surely 95% of video requests are asking for Jay quotes.

Oh and completely agree with everyone else: their house is really nice and beautifully decorated.

I always skip the Danny Dyer sections of their vlogs too lol!
I totally thought the same. I guess I was ignorant in thinking Cameo and whatever acting work he does now still ( and their savings) could be good enough, but I know that acting really doesn't pay all that much, the love of the craft and all that as they say.

Always been interested in finding their house on rightmove or something before they bought it, would be curious to see the total transformation it's gone through. It's always cool to see celebs' houses.

viewtube

VIP Member
Apparently theres a vlog going up tonight, interesting they've waited for the day James show starts on Channel 5.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Have they mentioned if there's a vlog this week,or is now just wait and see ? Pre management company,they were more consistent, while also taking breaks. I appreciate it could just be time off to be with the boys,which makes sense,but now most of the content whether youtube or IG revolves around promoting or advertising
I saw earlier on Clair's IG an apology that there wouldn't be one this week as they were on a break with the boys.
But they could've said that last week as they knew this was coming up 🤷‍♀️

viewtube

VIP Member
This weeks vlog was quite funny,but very interesting to see how fast Claire suggested ending vlogging,if they film the pod cast. James immediately jumped in with,theres no need to stop vlogging because it would be a separate channel. Their producer had apparently said numbers were dropping

leigh213

VIP Member
I do enjoy their blogs, but to be fair, each 20 minute vlog contains at least two advertisements. Maybe if there was more put into the vlogs, in terms of variety of content and length of vlogs, it wouldn't be so bad. Next week's vlog is another Q&A, which seems to be quite an easy option for content, relying on viewers to provide ideas. I do wonder if Claire still enjoys filming for weekly vlogs or if it's intrusive or just something else she has to sort out. I really like Claire, she seems really down to earth and would happily watch a channel she did herself, sometimes, James can come across as annoying and a little bit of a 'look at me' celebrity
I feel like we're never going to get back the family out for the kids birthday or climbing up a mountain in Scotland completely unscripted or planned with all the funny and likable moments vlogs.
The q+a ones are never entertaining at all ( my own personal opinion) and require really low effort.

I know a normal vlog requires a good bit more but if you're just getting content as it happens without being uptight or trying to cater to certain ideals or to companies you now work for, it really shouldn't be that stressful? What I mean is that it seemed like they had more fun with it late 2020- and into last year.

• Heart

leigh213

VIP Member
I should have done the math when they were staying at chewton glen to know something was up with gleam. That place is like their unofficial headquarters. I guess when you're their puppet, the least you deserve is a free stay in a swanky treehouse lol.

I do wonder if occasionally items or services that have been gifted aren't declared or if it's James just name dropping and hoping the company will approach with the offer of sponsorship Or gifted items?
Maybe so. It seems like a running joke that Clair will say something about " I swear this isn't an ad" and James'll shout "well don't say the name until they're paying us" or something. I know he means it half in jest but I feel like he does really wish they'd be sponsored by more companies. Makes me wonder how much they got paid for something like the Hellmanns ad a while back.