Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Maid22

VIP Member
Not keen on the kitchen, the orange range with wooden kitchen units, and the slate herringbone floor, looks too busy! I know it'll look better with furniture etc, but not my cup of tea!!!

Reactions: 4

leigh213

VIP Member
Yes I enjoyed that one too.
I had gone off their vlogs for a bit - I know this is heresy but Clare was getting on my nerves for some reason.
But yes this latest was good and entertaining.
Yeah I sense that same thing too. Not that I don't like her as a person anymore but for a while it seemed like they were putting her front and center because of all the comments that she gets and I think James is quick to think people are mostly there watching for her and that's not all true. I for one really enjoy just him and got a kick out of his dressing room vlogs during his play. So as long as it's balanced I like it. I know he thinks of himself as dull but that's the farthest from the truth.

leigh213

VIP Member
has the theme song/ intro started to get on anyone else's nerves?

I like that they don't have some excessive video montage at the beginning like many family vloggers but somehow the intro has gone sideways for me lol

On another note, I really miss them doing actually random bits. Like Clair going to the shops by herself, and getting coffee or whatever, and James up to whatever else, or them moving tables. For some reason it's actually really interesting when they film when they're apart for different engagements and then meet back up.

I do love seeing Paisley though. My Rottweiler passed about 4 years ago now and it's always so nice to see her, she's so sweet with the boys and it's clear that she's Clair's best girl. Love to see it.

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
Im hoping with Autumn comes the kind of dark nights, Halloween heavy snug at home with the Buckley content that Clair usually does so well this time of year 🤞

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I'm starting to get irritated by Claire tbh.
The constant shrill shouting at James. I genuinely don't know how he sticks it.

viewtube

VIP Member
Only just started watching their vlogs but I’m a little bit obsessed with Clair’s style and their house is so beautiful. I’m sure I’ll find something to annoy me about them soon enough 😂
To be fair, i know i moan about the amount of Ads & not declaring gifted items,but they're definitely not the only ones,but they are a decent family . I agree their home is beautiful.

viewtube

VIP Member
Not keen on the kitchen, the orange range with wooden kitchen units, and the slate herringbone floor, looks too busy! I know it'll look better with furniture etc, but not my cup of tea!!!
I definitely preferred their old kitchen, but each to their own I suppose.

leigh213

VIP Member
Was a great vlog this week but hit about 6 ads during that one for some reason. LOVED it though, hilarious as usual. " Well done yeah now you feel comfortable because you've sent your kids down first" I CACKLED!! I can't believe Clair managed to do that whole course and not drop the camera.

Reactions: 3

leigh213

VIP Member
Surprisingly still really like the Clair centric vlogs, maybe even more than James by himself, although I really used to. Like when he was doing the play and filming little bits in the dressing room/ when he went on that bachelors weekend, that was fun, it's like he was less conscious or something, of the viewers, whereas now it seems like maybe he's trying too hard? idk maybe it's just me. But if either of them would be effected by pressure to be different I feel like it would be him, because as outlandish and funny as he is, I think he's surprisingly an introvert and maybe quite an overthinker.

Anyways, liked the wallpaper part. When Clair does diy's, it inspires me to do more just around the house in general. I also think that despite them working with gleam now, they're still more real than 90% or more of what's out there and I genuinely like them both.
I just think it's really not necessary to try to kick off any special products/projects to drum up interest, unless it's like a true passion project, because them just keeping doing what they have been and being real I feel generates more popularity than trying to crank out something.

viewtube

VIP Member
Absolutely, they don't struggle like most of us, and asking for money is soo wrong, what so they pop out a vlog and need the the money, shame on them!
I do enjoy their blogs, but to be fair, each 20 minute vlog contains at least two advertisements. Maybe if there was more put into the vlogs, in terms of variety of content and length of vlogs, it wouldn't be so bad. Next week's vlog is another Q&A, which seems to be quite an easy option for content, relying on viewers to provide ideas. I do wonder if Claire still enjoys filming for weekly vlogs or if it's intrusive or just something else she has to sort out. I really like Claire, she seems really down to earth and would happily watch a channel she did herself, sometimes, James can come across as annoying and a little bit of a 'look at me' celebrity

leigh213

VIP Member
I didn't know they had a channel, I sat between them on a flight once (I had upgraded with airmiles so I wasn't physically between them in a row of 3 seats, that would have been awkward!)

They both seemed lovely, they were flying to LA, he slept most of the way but I picked up from what she was saying to the cabin crew that they were going for a few months for a job he was doing and her parents were coming out the following week with the kids.
hahahahaahaha! you sitting in the middle is totally what I pictured for a second.
Nice to know they're nice irl, that's how they come across.

Absolutely bloody love them!!!! Binged watched a couple of weeks back and can’t get enough of them! Even rewatched with Hubby and he loved them as well! Such normal people who aren’t doing it for the wrong reasons!
Agree 1000%. I hope they never try to push merch, but so far they haven't, they've actually been bugged to death to make some. Other than that, my concerns about them changing are very few.

Loveit17

They would be gold dust to companies because they aren't just looking at the vlogging fans but also his fans from his acting career, so they must be able to ask for higher fees than most vloggers
I’d agree, once you’re a film star you can technically expect a higher fee for ads than every day regular people with 9-5 jobs who just decided to start a YT channel, I’ve not gone off them though as some people are saying here, I’m still enjoying the vlogs

viewtube

VIP Member
It was abit yes but I share her kind of humour don't think she meant to be so harsh.
I think you're right, I'm the opposite, I'm overly protective of animals but have more of a dark humour when it comes to people. Probably 30 yrs as a nurse in A&E responsible for that lol

leigh213

VIP Member
Just had a look to see if I could them in the rave thread.
Absolutely hilarious, my husband and I often laugh because I’m Scottish like Clair and he’s English like James and he loves all the bbq talk 😂

hope they stay true to themselves
How funny! it's a great dynamic <3

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
I can honestly say as much as I like them I've never listened to any of their podcasts (just fed up of podcasts full stop no matter whose it is ive no interest give me a good audio book any day, buts that's a different moan) so i can't comment on the AD situation in that respect but I do love their vlogs and have to agree that this week they dropped the ball .

I've seen other YouTubers being loaned cars and they simply refer to it in the same way as they would any other ad maybe a 2 or 3 minutes tops to say thank you, it's a lovely vehicle etc but the Buckleys made a decision that every single minute detail of the car needed showing even down to ice scrapper, bottle opener, the boot !

Basically the arcades and chips was 5 mins and the AD was like 15 minutes the pros do it the other way around in fact sometimes it's so subtle that you don't even mind .....this was like a sledge hammer

i think if I was James I'd reflect on it as if the inbetweeners was 10 mins of the programme 20 minutes of adverts people would be pissed off .
No one begrudges them making a living but there's a knack with ads and they shouldn't be longer than the bloody vlog content .
Its a slip up, just own it guys.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I haven't watched for a couple of weeks.
Seems so petty but I don't like the decorating the house ones, for whatever occasion.
Clare always says she bought a few more 'bits and pieces' and it turns out to be a lot of extra tat. I'm not a miserable git and like Christmas honestly! But the constant buying of more stuff just depresses me at the moment.
I do still like them both though.

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Ah I really liked their last one. In isolation.
Much snappier editing.
They are both so funny and likeable.
Just watched and I liked this one more too. James moaning about being bored but still putting off going on the treadmill is very me 😂

• Haha