Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nellinton

VIP Member
Enjoyed the vlog, only issue was the making lite of Paisley's lump, when Claire said 'it's all falling apart, dead dog, dead grass'. Maybe that's her way of dealing with something serious, just seemed a little callous
It was abit yes but I share her kind of humour don't think she meant to be so harsh.

Reactions: 4

Toffee finger

VIP Member
James was on the Useless Advice podcast (I think it is called? Never heard of it before) and he was very funny. He is naturally charismatic and quick I think.
Anyway the hosts asked him about Cameo and he said he does at least 25 a day at £40 a pop. Each one only takes him about 40 seconds. But I calculated if that is every day he makes at least £300,000 a year from it 😳
He/his team are smart to keep his at a relatively low price so he can sell a lot of them. I said a few posts back but he was the first non American to make a million from Cameo!

• Wow

JoelFizz

VIP Member
I'm starting to get irritated by Claire tbh.
The constant shrill shouting at James. I genuinely don't know how he sticks it.
Her head is starting to balloon because of all the attention I think. It's mostly just pervs at this point though.

• Wow

leigh213

VIP Member
I really don't like how they're managed by Gleam. I know they put that bit in there about being down at the office, with something in the works and it had the gleam futures thing all over it. I feel like they could have actually been 10x more successful with their vlogs handling it on their own 2020 style, but to each their own

• Heart

viewtube

VIP Member
Watched this weeks vlog,had to laugh at James, regarding his constipation and calling 111, im not surprised with his diet. Notvsure he eats vegetables hiscduet mostly consists of take away curries ,processed food and beer. Even Claire has said he has the diet of a fussy toddler.

• Haha

leigh213

VIP Member
Have just started watching again after a long time away, but I actually really enjoy them again. Dunno why there was a lull for me for a while.
I do appreciate they still shield their kids from YouTube so well, fair dues they seem like great parents. Although sometimes I wonder what the boys think of their parents filming a lot and being busy with that kind of thing to where they can't come in the frame, I just wonder how they've explained that.

I also saw that they stayed at Chewton Glen where Zoe and Alfie and all them were often gifted stays, must've been nice and every credit that the place let them have a Rottweiler there, I was shocked but that's a good thing really since she's so sweet.

The kitchen is not my style but I have to say, aesthetically, it looks pretty darn good. The lighting when the overhead lights are off is super cool.

I've also been wondering how well they do financially to have done the reno and I looked up the cost of that oven and lost my jaw on the floor!! But they seem like they have managed money well throughout off and on acting work to be able to do that so fair dues again.

I watched in reverse so watched the opening night vlog of James' play, feat Tom Felton, and I am MORE shocked at the fact they're such good friends with Joe and Alfie than I am that they are with Tom. I just wonder how they even got started hanging out. It must be a wild feeling for Alfie and Joe watching James on the Inbetweeners and then now they're mates.

Megadeth

I've been watching their vlogs since they first started (having been a longtime subscriber of James' "Completed it Mate" channel) and I really like them. Down to earth, normal, not whacky, good parents, wholesome etc.

I always assumed that James must make so much money from Cameo they'll never be hard up so Claire won't need to work.

But on that note, I always wondered if there are any legal/contractual considerations when an actor will be "in character" for Cameos. Surely 95% of video requests are asking for Jay quotes.

Oh and completely agree with everyone else: their house is really nice and beautifully decorated.

I always skip the Danny Dyer sections of their vlogs too lol!

JoelFizz

VIP Member
Yeah I sense that same thing too. Not that I don't like her as a person anymore but for a while it seemed like they were putting her front and center because of all the comments that she gets and I think James is quick to think people are mostly there watching for her and that's not all true. I for one really enjoy just him and got a kick out of his dressing room vlogs during his play. So as long as it's balanced I like it. I know he thinks of himself as dull but that's the farthest from the truth.
She's starting to get her ego back I think which is starting to come through on camera. All the lads fawning over her will do that. 😂

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Another good vlog.
Apart from meeting Joe Sugg and Dianne at the tattoo parlour. Omg Dianne is so annoying. You can hear her screeching and showing off constantly in the background.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Oh dear. James is now wearing Alfie Deyes merch 🙄 He says that Clare bought it. I hope they aren't going down that awful route of promoting each other's tat pretending 'oh look at this thing I just happen to be wearing'. Disappointing.

MeghanSnarkle

VIP Member
Only just found this thread but just wanted to add my love for the Buckley's, I find Clair so relatable the way she parents and how she deals with James not many woman YouTubers would on camera look up their husbands arses to confirm he has piles 😂
I also like the way they deal with ADs Clair said recently she's turned them all off so it doesn't disrupt the vlogs for viewers which is a nice touch compared to some channels so I don't begrudge them making a bit from collabs and stuff here and there.

Tatooine_legend1

VIP Member
Interesting seeing this. During lockdown James was on Twitch almost everyday. I always thought he was a decent guy. Never seemed to have an ego, and genuinely enjoyed acting.

I remember way back he was talking about starting a YouTube channel to document building and using his BBQ, but obviously that turned into a full blown channel which seemed to be doing well the last time I looked.

I don't watch the channel as it's not really my thing, but glad to see he's got many fans. Also, he was earning a fair amount of money from that 'CAMEO' app. I read that he makes a few hundred grand from that app.

When he was doing twitch he would mention having to record a bunch of cameos in the afternoon. He's obviously doing well for himself, and if he's invested wisely, no reason he will have to worry about money any time soon.

He probably picks and chooses what acting roles he does as he's not a desperate actor looking for work any longer. Fair play to him. I think he might be the most popular of the Inbetweeners lads.

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I liked their latest one - out for one of the boy's birthdays, but am a bit disappointed on Clare's IG they were at the ghastly Zalfie's.
I presume the connection is through Joe Sugg.

leigh213

VIP Member
Today's was taken up mostly by the Ronseal ad and patio. I don't mind the ads and at least they aren't sneaky like so many but it was quite a lot.
I still like them and their vlogs, but nothing will ever beat the lockdown ones. They just came at the right time. They were so good at being bored and irritable 😂
I miss when they just had the Hellmann's partnership. I know obviously this is great for them since they need to make a living but still.

If channels/ vloggers already have something they really believe in or get a partnership with someone they've been aiming to work with, I don't mind as much, but when it goes on for a long time and I feel like they're just pitching stuff, it puts me off.

Thankfully they do it casually and don't seem insincere, but if it starts becoming a lot of sponsors/ ads, that's gonna be annoying.

Felt bad for James having to turn down that fan. He does seem like a person who doesn't like letting anyone down and is genuinely kind so I imagine it really still bothers him. I remember when he went to that concert with Joe and he was on the edge of whatever row in the O2? he was in, and people kept asking for photos and I'm pretty sure he will have taken one with literally everybody.

Wishfulthinker

Absolutely bloody love them!!!! Binged watched a couple of weeks back and can’t get enough of them! Even rewatched with Hubby and he loved them as well! Such normal people who aren’t doing it for the wrong reasons!

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I liked the last one, so funny with the animals following James around!
I have no idea who the zalfies are, can you enlighten me?
Lucky you! Zoe Sugg and Alfie Deyes. Top YouTube couple 🤢
An odd fit for the Buckleys tbh.
I loved James at the restaurant with lobster - 'stay scummy' 😂

viewtube

VIP Member
Just watched this week's vlog, thought I'd watch before I got ready for work, absolutely hysterical. Their break away looked really nice and they seemed to have fun. I've got to admit I hope they manage to sort the new kitchen doors out, what was delivered looks awful, the old kitchen was far nicer, I know they said it was falling to pieces but the new doors look like the inside of a sauna

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Article in the DM speculating who might be in I'm a Celeb and James has been mentioned.
If so I think he might do well as he is likeable, but he likes his home comforts so much I'm not sure he would do it?

mummykayles

I've tried really hard but just can't warm to Clair.
And I don't think she'd have ever looked twice at him if he wasn't famous.