James and Carys - busybee.carys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry on the topic of her charging for artwork and the point about charging £500/600. What bullshit! Sorry the first point about £10 an hour for her time plus costs makes total sense. Having the audacity to add in the price for her electricity and other household expenses etc is nonsense. I know she didn’t say she was going to but lol. Who the duck would pay that. You can make it yourself?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m a lurker here but just thought I’d add my two cents - what’s frustrating to me about her pricing is that there are many many artists out there with a small following that won’t sell their stuff anywhere near her estimate, and will struggle to even make a job out of it full time whereas because Carys already has a huge following she can easily make hundreds from one piece simply because she has followers crazy enough to spend that much on something just because it was made by her.

Also - where is this woman buying her supplies from? There’s so many cheaper options for thread and canvas I really don’t know how she’s spending hundreds on them, no wonder she has a huge markup on prices to cover that expense.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m a lurker here but just thought I’d add my two cents - what’s frustrating to me about her pricing is that there are many many artists out there with a small following that won’t sell their stuff anywhere near her estimate, and will struggle to even make a job out of it full time whereas because Carys already has a huge following she can easily make hundreds from one piece simply because she has followers crazy enough to spend that much on something just because it was made by her.

Also - where is this woman buying her supplies from? There’s so many cheaper options for thread and canvas I really don’t know how she’s spending hundreds on them, no wonder she has a huge markup on prices to cover that expense.
I think everyone is going in on carys for her pricing but actually what she posted was advice she was sent from a follower. It wasn’t carys’ suggestion at all, she was just passing on the info a follower had told her. At present, Carys hasn’t actually given a price.

Just having a quick look at hobby craft, you can get 3 medium canvases for £20. So £100 for 15. She has done 15+ canvases so far as she’s gone mad for it in lockdown. So I can see where she has got this figure from, however she clearly hasn’t spent over £100 on one canvas alone.

Reactions: 1
I think everyone is going in on carys for her pricing but actually what she posted was advice she was sent from a follower. It wasn’t carys’ suggestion at all, she was just passing on the info a follower had told her. At present, Carys hasn’t actually given a price.

Just having a quick look at hobby craft, you can get 3 medium canvases for £20. So £100 for 15. She has done 15+ canvases so far as she’s gone mad for it in lockdown. So I can see where she has got this figure from, however she clearly hasn’t spent over £100 on one canvas alone.
Oh yes very true, but I still wonder where that figure came from I still find it absurd but lucky her if people are going to pay that!

Depends where you shop I suppose but she could make cheaper projects, maybe cushions or just on embroidery fabric in a hoop - that’s going to bring the price down a lot especially since she said the frame cost £30. Hope she thinks of that because I do think it’s a nice idea to get her art out there I just don’t agree with selling them for hundreds.

I think the problem is, if James was out working and this was what Carys relied on for money it would be understandable that she needs the money back with profit.

But we are on lockdown and she's sitting in front of a TV doing it as a hobby. And she's doing it inbetween video's that make her and James a pretty penny so its hard to feel like its money well spent even if it is a lovely piece of art.

I'm not taking away the hard work and skill she has put in at all, I don't mean to sound like I'm denying the true value of what she creates. It's the lockdown part and constant videos that make her hard to want to throw money at.

Reactions: 3
Who on theyre right mind would buy this Art 😂😂 please lighten me folks! It is as crazy as the sheep that find theyre content inspiring 🤔 sorry but youd have to give me 500e that id take that Art!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Cary’s saying yesterday in stories that canvas embroidery ‘isn’t something that has been done before‘ and that she ‘made up’ this kind of art... GIRL PLEASE, you did not invent canvas embroidery. She’s out here thinking she’s some genius artist lmao.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think that carys should get a day Job or I dont know do volunteer work! She sits in the house and now she all in making art - no you need To go and be social!(in General, not covid time) Her days must be so similar and repeative and this is why we See her all Lost and unhappy!

How long can her "fame" last? All she does is crappy fast fashion hauls and decorating the house with James. All the vids Are the same like constantly, See one and youve seen them all.

Reactions: 6
Went through the comments before I watched the video, this person really has it in for Carys. They left a lot of hate on their last video as well.
There’s actually no need for such rude comments about her skin. As someone who suffers from eczema or any skin issue, these comments can make you feel even worse. Especially as she’s open with it, she’ll want to hide away now 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Went through the comments before I watched the video, this person really has it in for Carys. They left a lot of hate on their last video as well.
Is this the same person that left the thunder thighs comment.. their insults are so childish and just tit. They’re just embarassing themselves

Reactions: 2
Do you think she knows there is a hella creepy pervey Reddit thread about her? It’s vile 🤢
I think she does. I feel like she plays up for it. The boob comment was so unnecessary in that video last week and wearing leggings where we need to double take and make sure she isnt naked from the waist down!

Reactions: 5
There’s actually no need for such rude comments about her skin. As someone who suffers from eczema or any skin issue, these comments can make you feel even worse. Especially as she’s open with it, she’ll want to hide away now 😫
You just don’t mention it. It must be awful for her to read.

Is this the same person that left the thunder thighs comment.. their insults are so childish and just tit. They’re just embarassing themselves
Yes I think so.

Reactions: 2
I think she does. I feel like she plays up for it. The boob comment was so unnecessary in that video last week and wearing leggings where we need to double take and make sure she isnt naked from the waist down!
disgusting 🤢

Surely James must’ve seen it? If I were him in a married couple I would definitely be concerned 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.