James and Carys - busybee.carys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe I’m being insensitive or ignorant here but I really don’t see how she has gained so much weight? She goes to the gym and walks her dog every single day according to her new video and she has all the time in the world to pick nutritious meals. My only guess is she was seriously restricting before? I never though she looked like she had an ED though and she always seemed pretty body confident back in her old fitness content.

I am all for self love but why in the youtube/fitness community does that now seem to equal “letting yourself go” - does wanting to stay slim, healthy and fit mean I don’t love myself? :cautious: Being aware of what you’re eating and not overindulging isn’t automatically a form of self harm.

• Angry
Reactions: 7
Maybe I’m being insensitive or ignorant here but I really don’t see how she has gained so much weight? She goes to the gym and walks her dog every single day according to her new video and she has all the time in the world to pick nutritious meals. My only guess is she was seriously restricting before? I never though she looked like she had an ED though and she always seemed pretty body confident back in her old fitness content.

I am all for self love but why in the youtube/fitness community does that now seem to equal “letting yourself go” - does wanting to stay slim, healthy and fit mean I don’t love myself? :cautious: Being aware of what you’re eating and not overindulging isn’t automatically a form of self harm.
They seem to eat out ALOT - As they say, Dominos should sponsor them :rolleyes: and she has a big appetite if you watch the 10,000 calorie challenge, she managed a fair bit! She's only put on weight in her bum, hips and arms I feel. She still looks quite slim to me but I didn't expect her ass to look like that when I followed her (major ass envy btw). I had no idea they were fitness gurus at all but they seem to have put the gym to the side in order to be daily vloggers.

Completely agree with your take on self love. Cant I love the body I'm working for at the gym? Ridiculous. They're all just falling in to the same boring narrative.

Did anyone else get annoyed when they were talking about working 16hour days on that guide? Like theres no need for you to be working 16 hour days on a guide where you paid other people to write key parts. OK, they might have done the graphics, pictures, meals etc but unless they started the project a month before it was due to be released then it shouldn't have left them missing uploads for 2 weeks and working that long. They probably did that whole guide in those two weeks and if thats the case then I don't bloody doubt they worked 16 hours to meet the deadline. Maybe they need better time management.

Reactions: 1
Whyyyyyyyyy does carys have to ask potato head for permission to buy anything?? Drives me insane! If you like the ugly tree stump table for your lamp buy it! Your the money maker anyway! It's not like james is an interior designer styling their home! Urgh!

Reactions: 4
I like Carys and I do think she is a more positive role model to teens than other influencers are in terms of body image and how she doesn’t have her face pumped full of fillers. She’s a natural beauty. In her ‘5 year plan’ video though I had to laugh... A date night once a week? The comments they were making about how they will be so busy because only one of them will be able to go to do the food shopping and they won’t be able to go together anymore 🤯 they truly have no idea what is coming if they do have children in coming years. Also, what Carys was saying about wanting to be more independent so she can spend some time away from James, can’t get over it. She’s so codependent and needy. It’s a shame. I’m not sure I would want my daughter having a role model like that now.

Reactions: 2
I'm absolutely dying at james telling carys off on her instagram stories, shes had a drink, having a laugh but old bucktooth cant just be fun he has to be PrAtiCaL 😬

Reactions: 4
‘We going out our’ goes to TGI Fridays in an out of town shopping place

• Haha
i liked these two, but after seeing that they are hanging with Elle Darby not so much :cautious:

James and Carys don't even edit their own videos? Seriously what do they do?

Also mentioned the price of their house in the new video.

James and Carys don't even edit their own videos? Seriously what do they do?

Also mentioned the price of their house in the new video.
I thought it was Carys' FAVORITE hobby to edit? 🙄 the whole video was nauseating, why are you so desperate to be heard when your ment to be having a laugh with your mates? Elle and Connor although immature seem so much more grown up than carys and james, and considerably less weird!

Reactions: 3
I thought it was Carys' FAVORITE hobby to edit? 🙄 the whole video was nauseating, why are you so desperate to be heard when your ment to be having a laugh with your mates? Elle and Connor although immature seem so much more grown up than carys and james, and considerably less weird!
Tbh I find Connor a bit iffy but not as much as James. I just think Connor is a bit socially awkward and doesnt know how to let loose esp when he doesnt look especially close to James. Clearly they endure each other for the girls.
JAMES on the other hand is so bleeping controlling - I get Carys was a bit loud and embarrassing but did anyone see that insta story where he basically told her to behave?! And in their video where he tells her to calm down, he uses a certain tone of voice you would use to talk to a child or a dog - like it reminded me of an authoritative teacher/parent voice 😩. He constantly talks over her too. He needs to let it go and have fun. Also, loved the part where he was CONVINCED him and Carys earned more money in 2019 than Elle and Connor - his face seeing Elle's stats was hilarious.

Reactions: 13
Yes when he immediately was like we earnt more, dont need to check it was us. Mate, firstly YOU didnt earn a penny!
Hes such a weird guy, I can imagine him becoming even more controlling when they have children! Found it abit strange how he was so excited to be a "girl dad" hope they have a boy that runs them ragged and doesn't play cute for the camera 😅

Reactions: 6
Yes when he immediately was like we earnt more, dont need to check it was us. Mate, firstly YOU didnt earn a penny!
Hes such a weird guy, I can imagine him becoming even more controlling when they have children! Found it abit strange how he was so excited to be a "girl dad" hope they have a boy that runs them ragged and doesn't play cute for the camera 😅
Think they just jumped on the "girl dad" thing bc its all over the media with Kobe. Otherwise I bet it wouldn't have been bought up, it would've been the customary "we don't mind what we have as long as its healthy" - Glad Connor actually said he didn't want a girl first but a boy (Probably outdated notion of the brother protecting sister)

The one thing I don't like about their videos is the angle they are filming. I have to look up their noses and double chins. Is it really hard to hold the camera a bit higher?!

I find James’ behaviour towards Carys a bit concerning..she should get out now! If he’s like that on camera what the hell is he like when it’s just them 😳
He seems to get sly digs in all the time

Reactions: 9
Carys keeps saying she's a size 10 now but I swear she looks bigger than me- at least definitely in the legs- and I'm just about getting to the stage where I'm mainly buying 10's. Makes me feel a bit bad about my own body if we're supposedly fitting in the same size

Carys keeps saying she's a size 10 now but I swear she looks bigger than me- at least definitely in the legs- and I'm just about getting to the stage where I'm mainly buying 10's. Makes me feel a bit bad about my own body if we're supposedly fitting in the same size
Her quads may be bigger but waist will be a size 10 - she has loads of muscle in her legs and obviously focuses on squats a lot. Her upper body is a lot smaller. Don't feel bad about yourself, she also may be getting jeans that have different measurements (like topshop do) and thinks size 10 is closest to her size measurement. Carys is definitely not big and nor are you. Size 10/12 is a completely normal size.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.