James and Carys - busybee.carys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just watched their 'work day in the life' vlog. They spend literally every waking moment together. I don't know what they do all day, particularly James. He says he does the accounts but surely that's not a full-time job?

Reactions: 1
I haven't watched their couple channel in a minute (James just irks me now), but I watch Carys' instastories and i'm still kind of surprised about the moving them. They apparently fully move out tomorrow. I'll miss seeing their kitchen lol. I really liked what they did down there.

They have no self-awareness at all. They vlogged picking up their new house keys and not only did they show their house number and house NAME, they also showed the make, model and private registration on their car. How silly can you be? Also, how on earth did they get approved for a mortgage with their age and careers as they're most likely self employed and would need accounts dating back 3 years to show consistency.

Reactions: 3
I really like them but they have no awareness when it comes to privacy. It’s easy to find their new house online and how much they paid for it since they don’t hide anything. I won’t post the link but just look on the estate agent’s (which they show in the video) rightmove page& it’s there. It’s in a nice area of Cardiff and cost waaay more than I thought they’d be able to afford (no disrespect meant to them, just didn’t realise ‘influencing’ paid such big bucks if you’re still relatively less popular then the ‘major’ stars of YouTube/the gram). Had to come on this thread to just agree with the above poster!
Good luck to them though. The house is a major step-up from their old house and a perfect family home!

I really like them but they have no awareness when it comes to privacy. It’s easy to find their new house online and how much they paid for it since they don’t hide anything. I won’t post the link but just look on the estate agent’s (which they show in the video) rightmove page& it’s there. It’s in a nice area of Cardiff and cost waaay more than I thought they’d be able to afford (no disrespect meant to them, just didn’t realise ‘influencing’ paid such big bucks if you’re still relatively less popular then the ‘major’ stars of YouTube/the gram). Had to come on this thread to just agree with the above poster!
Good luck to them though. The house is a major step-up from their old house and a perfect family home!
they literally showed the full thing, from the outside.....I was shocked!!!
does this level of stupid exist!!!

why not just invite the crazies over in a vlog 🤷‍♀️ and they’ll never be able to go away again and leave that house empty.

i don’t watch them but I remembered from their “what I got for Christmas“ they were getting the keys so I’ve been keeping an eye on them 🤣

I was shocked that they bought a house for that much. I was honestly only expecting tops 500k, which even then is insane. I was so sure that they didn't show the front of their last house so I was surprised they did with this one. I get that they're excited but and like sharing aspects of their lives but yikes.

Reactions: 2
How have they afford at £640k house?
I’m so pissed off lol., husband earns £70k a year and no way would we be able to get such a big house. And we are 30!

Reactions: 4
How have they afford at £640k house?
I’m so pissed off lol., husband earns £70k a year and no way would we be able to get such a big house. And we are 30!
I know right. Our friends have just bought a house in the same city - both doctors in the NHS and on decent money, and theirs cost £280k which was the upper end of their budget too. It’s a beautiful house, but there’s something seriously wrong here!

Also, how does it work with them getting mortgage with their jobs? Wouldn’t they have to prove some sort of reliable long term income - would “being a social media influencer” really swing it with the banks and let them borrow so much money? I have family members who are self employed and they seemed to have a hard time getting a bank to agree to a mortage in principle and I’m talking about qualified skilled professionals who could get a good job somewhere if their business collapsed. What will these influencers do when they’re not pulling in the views any more? I can only assume they put down one hell of a deposit or have family acting as guarantors.

I was shocked that they bought a house for that much. I was honestly only expecting tops 500k, which even then is insane. I was so sure that they didn't show the front of their last house so I was surprised they did with this one. I get that they're excited but and like sharing aspects of their lives but yikes.
Yeah they hardly showed any of the old house from the front, it was only on their last vlog from there that they did show it.

They must have had a decent deposit to secure that house. I’m from the area and know so many professionals in Cardiff who wouldn’t be able to afford such a massive mortgage so I was surprised to see how much it was. To be fair, it’s a lovely house, in a nice area, with a huge garden so I doubt they would ever need to move again! Worth noting that they both come from well-off families and are good with numbers so I reckon they are very good at saving and investing/have money behind them.

They must have had a decent deposit to secure that house. I’m from the area and know so many professionals in Cardiff who wouldn’t be able to afford such a massive mortgage so I was surprised to see how much it was. To be fair, it’s a lovely house, in a nice area, with a huge garden so I doubt they would ever need to move again! Worth noting that they both come from well-off families and are good with numbers so I reckon they are very good at saving and investing/have money behind them.
Was just about to comment on their finances. They both went to uni for Maths so I think they probably understand more about it than us and can easily invest their money wisely whereas youve lost me when you start mentioning all the bloody acronyms. I do think they could've gotten a slightly nicer house from what Ive seen on the estate agents website considering their budget but then again, I font know good/bad areas in Cardiff.

Shocked that they spent SO much on their new home and plan to do so much work/ create an addition to the kitchen. That's going to be nearly a million pound house when they are done!

How the duck do they afford it? Like really? Surely YouTube doesn’t pay that much? And even if it did how do they get a mortgage when their work isn’t going to last forever?
I’m so jealous 🙈

Reactions: 3
I would love to meet these in real life because I just can’t warm to James online. They just don’t seem to suit each other..

The house is rather large - they’ve clearly done well. I don’t see the collapse of the influencer life style happening anytime soon.

The house doesnt look that big on the outside but is huge on the inside!! But they don't seem to have thought about having an entertaining room or a formal living room. They're obviously very social and will have friends over and I think the piano room would be beautiful as an formal entertaining space with that fireplace and the piano in the corner. Some nice prints (or those razor thin tv's that look like prints, so they can have that option), nice warm coloured sofas etc. Carys will have a filming room so I don't think she needs a desk downstairs and James could move his in to that little nook in their kitchen where the old owners had a small sofa, if thats where they plan to spend most their time anyway.

Mind boggling how much money they seem to have from this, obviously most of it is Carys as she has a huge solo channel but they did a lot of work on their old property too with decor, furniture etc. I wonder if they got a lot of equity back from it which would explain the bigger budget as well as savings for larger deposit.

Reactions: 5
I cannot even begin to imagine how much these 2 earn.

Last year alone they
  • Went to New York
  • 2 week Caribbean cruise
  • Weekend in Stockholm
  • Quick trip to Venice
  • Multiple UK breaks
  • 2 weeks in Florida
  • Wedding
  • Honeymoon
  • £650,000 house purchase
That is more than most people can ever afford in a whole lifetime.

They're 23.

• Wow
Reactions: 23
They sold merch for £35 a top and she said in one video they only ordered 1000 of each the first time and they sold out in one day
This time they have ordered more merch so guessing their making a bit of money off that maybe ???

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.