James and Carys #9 flogging ITS collection being misleading shh James is now breastfeeding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just been watching their latest video. They talk about following the lullaby trust but..... in the last video James talked about putting Amber upstairs with the monitor on. Which she is way way to young for and SIDS risk. Carys has just filmed in their bedroom and there’s the video monitor over the bedside crib. I’m really shocked they’re putting her upstairs on her own already when it is so advised against. She is so young.
I think you've missed about five pages of chat here where everyone has said it's not save previous to 6 months of age.

I think you've missed about five pages of chat here where everyone has said it's not save previous to 6 months of age.
yes but I didn’t think they’d actually go ahead with it! But that camera was clear as day right over the crib. Just really shocked me they’ve left her alone

Reactions: 8
yes but I didn’t think they’d actually go ahead with it! But that camera was clear as day right over the crib. Just really shocked me they’ve left her alone
you can also see a baby monitor screen (and it might have been in the vlog before last too, can't remember) in the living room sometimes in the background🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 1
you can also see a baby monitor screen (and it might have been in the vlog before last too, can't remember) in the living room sometimes in the background🤷‍♀️
Shocking really. I don’t understand why she was so desperate to get pregnant and then give birth, to dump the baby in a Moses basket all day and upstairs at night. I don’t think I put my baby down for about 2 months at the start, just wanting to be with her constantly. I find it all very sad

Reactions: 29
This may be a long shot but do you think Carys realises how dependent she is on James and this is translating into trying to make Amber not dependent on her/James? It sounds stupid because Amber is a BABY and they literally need help to survive for the first while but you never know. Also I really know nothing about pregnancy and babies but I do know that Carys put so much emphasis on having skin to skin after birth so she can bond with Amber but now it’s like she’s trying to hold her as little as possible

Reactions: 12
James was out. Perfect chance for cuddles. I hate to think I'm right but I think Carys might have pnd. I really hope she's being honest with her midwife and herself.😕

Reactions: 13
yeah i deffo noticed how careful James was in this vlog about his language and he was almost uncomfortable! there was one point he said 'omg i sounded so controlling then but i didnt mean it like that

Reactions: 11
James was out. Perfect chance for cuddles. I hate to think I'm right but I think Carys might have pnd. I really hope she's being honest with her midwife and herself.😕
I’ve been thinking the same. Something just doesn’t feel ‘right’ to me. I’ve never seen a new Mum be so clinical and distant with their newborn. I think the birth has affected her more than she will publicly admit 🙁

Reactions: 29
This may be a long shot but do you think Carys realises how dependent she is on James and this is translating into trying to make Amber not dependent on her/James? It sounds stupid because Amber is a BABY and they literally need help to survive for the first while but you never know. Also I really know nothing about pregnancy and babies but I do know that Carys put so much emphasis on having skin to skin after birth so she can bond with Amber but now it’s like she’s trying to hold her as little as possible
I really don't think there is that much thought that's gone into it. As if that was her thought pattern, she would respond by trying to become more independent from James. I think it's literally just a case of they wanted to be pregnant and have a baby, but didn't think through that a baby is actually a 24/7 thing, and is a lifelong commitment. I think they were very short sighted.

Reactions: 18
I really don't think there is that much thought that's gone into it. As if that was her thought pattern, she would respond by trying to become more independent from James. I think it's literally just a case of they wanted to be pregnant and have a baby, but didn't think through that a baby is actually a 24/7 thing, and is a lifelong commitment. I think they were very short sighted.
maybe they thought it was like having a dog. they said themselves they have zero experience with babies...maybe they thought they just slept all the time.
once you become a parent nothing is about you anymore and everything changes....well at least for most people...

Reactions: 13
“Baby amber doesn’t cry in the bath, it’s her favourite thing. Also being swaddled is her favourite thing. Napping is her favourite thing”
Oh shut up James 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I can’t believe she has only just turned 25 😯😯 I’ve always had her a few years older in my head

Reactions: 14
“Baby amber doesn’t cry in the bath, it’s her favourite thing. Also being swaddled is her favourite thing. Napping is her favourite thing”
Oh shut up James 🙄
‘Having her movement restricted and being blasted with white noise is her Favourite thing’

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
Honestly they should have got one of the really realistic dolls instead. Then you can dress it up and push a buggy and not have to bother keeping it alive or caring for it when it cries

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Jeez some of these comments are so harsh 🙈 I think Carys is an utter bimbo (and don't get me started on James) but she's a brand new mum who's never been around a baby before. I'm sure she's trying her best and learning as she goes.

Reactions: 7
Jeez some of these comments are so harsh 🙈 I think Carys is an utter bimbo (and don't get me started on James) but she's a brand new mum who's never been around a baby before. I'm sure she's trying her best and learning as she goes.
Yes, she is a new mum who is learning as she goes, but she’s also an influencer so the content she puts out will ’influence’ other new Mums so broadcasting that they aren’t following safe sleeping advice from the Lullaby Trust is not cool IMO.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.