Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shoppingismycardio

Chatty Member
I think it’s more that she seems obsessed with Amber having set nap times when she’s too young for that yet? And they seem to force naps on her for their convenience when she may not need them
Agreed that it does seem odd to force her into a routine at this age, but the PP was saying it was weird to take her back to the hotel room for a nap - that was my point not the routine element

Reactions: 2

CarlyBear94

Chatty Member
I also reported the picture, how does someone who make a living out of social media not understand the danger of posting a picture like that. I reported it as 'involving a child' and the picture is no longer visible to me, can any of you still see it ?
Yeah - it's still up 😭😢

Lizz17uk

VIP Member
It's Louise Woodward, the case you're referring too. I remember this being one of the first times I really noticed a big news story and it always terrified me because she was only 18 or 19 at the time and the conflicting stories were scary- the prosecutors said she shook the baby, some people said the parents caused the injuries before they hired the nanny, others said that she was totally inexperienced and the parents should never have let her near their child. And she said she didn't do anything at all. I think she got found guilty but the appeal let her out not long after and said that it was most likely an accident (I think?). They used to have those chat debate things on morning shows about shaking babies and being careful with them, and I think that really stuck with me because I had always loved kids and had lots of younger siblings and I became really nervous around them in case I accidentally hurt one.

Don't worry, I don't think it sounded like you were making comparisons. It was more of PSA that bad things can happen because babies are delicate.
This was a massive story when I was younger! I remember it well! I don’t think the comparison is even close in terms of that situation although I do understand what the intention was with the story in terms of her being rough, I will say though, I’m not experienced around babies or have any clue what to do with them but I referent went to visit my bfs new baby, he’s 12 weeks old and I was scared shitless about hurting him but his mum told me not to worry, he was a lot less delicate than he looked! Not saying you should be rough with babies but I think I’ve always assumed you have to treat them like a feather to some extent and I think I’ve always been very over cautious! Lol! He was a LOT tougher and stronger than I was expecting! I just find the way she treats Amber strange, like she is petting/tickling her dog :/ I do the same tummy rubs to my parents puppy but I would never do that to a baby :/ it’s weird and seems very forced to me like all her interactions with her, Elle is much more of a natural from what I’ve seen!!!

Pawpaw365

VIP Member
It is not a comparison. Or a leap. I would be off my head to suggest such a thing. Apologies for the way it may have come across.

All I was saying is that babies are fragile & that news story that I heard as a child stuck with me all the way through to adulthood and having my own kids. In my area the subject came up in our NCT Class of skeletal development etc and they went into a lot of detail about things relative to that in terms of handling, holding and early development.

How many times has someone commented in frustration that she's *maybe* a little too full on when she pokes/moves/wiggles Amber about?

Do I think she's capable of a heinous crime? Absolutely Not. Am I comparing her to someone accused of a crime? No. Am I expressing a concern about the way she sometimes prods and pokes Amber for content material because the poor little mite is still only a few months old and feel (as others have expressed numerous times on here) that the prodding/poking is uncomfortable to watch and could be unecessarily uncomfortable for Amber? Yes.
I understand your concerns, which you could have expressed without drawing comparisons with a child that died.
its all just so forced and to much.
do you think she does that when she has guests? mid way through talking to her friend just start poking and talking to Amber
when do they ever have guests haha

• Haha

theleftphalange

Chatty Member
I agree. I'm home alone during the day for usually around 10 hours, sometimes more if partner is away on site in a different city, and we don't own a baby seat or jumperoo. I honestly don't see the need for them developmentally, so feel like they are a waste of money (especially with how expensive they are), but I can understand people using them if they desperately need to get something done. I've had family members moan that I've not bought her a jumperoo, and while she might enjoy it, she has enough toys, and just wants to be on the move. She's been rolling for ages, and trying to crawl around now, so why would I dump her in something that will hold her upright and in place 🤣🤣
Honestly I spent a fortune on the finding nemo jumperoo and both my girls must have been in it around 5 times each they hated being confined to one space 😅

Winging-it!

ah right, that's actually quite interesting, as I read people with poor ab tone are more likely to get it, so was worried I would🤣. I follow a few people that workout all the time that were pregnant around the time I was, and none of them got diastasis recti, so I thought for Carys it was more so because she never really did core exercises, and mainly focused on legs/glutes 🤣

Obviously not doing anything is probably not going to help either if you don't have any sort of core strength at all as then they would split due to not having the strength to support the baby... but since I was aware of it from work, i also have noticed as well in some of my running groups- ladies who are pregnant and just run/loosely do strength work seem to get away with it but the ones showing photos of their ab separation seem to be the ones who do a lot of strength training and have a six pack prior to pregnancy. Two different causes for it i suppose, not enough strength so too lax and to much and too tight. I'm 13wks post partum now myself and I feel sorry for carys as I'm definitely someone like her who gets a massive bump and gets pregnant all over and it doesn't just drop off. I am at least able to go out and run again now whereas she's had to do all the core restore stuff to get back even to a place where she can lightly exercise. For someone like her it must be such a kicker whatever way she chooses to spin it for the camera.

Last edited:

Lm9610

View attachment 738137
I feel EXACTLY how you’re looking in the photo - meaning you’re give me a HEADACHE with your lies! I find it hard to believe that as a grown woman her periods were light enough for a panty liner.🙅🏼‍♀️🙅🏼‍♀️
That could have been caused by her contraception? My periods are really light to be fair, after 1 and a half days I am down to a liner

betty14

I don't think Cary's is body positive and confident enough to do the Sophie Tea thing.
They get hundreds of applications for being a nudie so I don’t think Sophie would hand over a place to Carys for it. Anyone who’s ever bought anything got special access to tickets so they could have gone to the event.

Reactions: 1

Hbirdette

VIP Member
Carys mentioned her physiotherapist said about how much weight she's lost, and they talked about that and "that was good", but mentioned her thyroid is causing it (tbh I don't think she looks like she's lost weight, just that her belly is shrinking down obviously). She also said about how she is setting herself up for a better future pregnancy by having a stronger core/pelvic floor. Sounds like she's happy the overactive thyroid could make her lose weight, and as I predicted a few months back she would probably want to lose and get stronger so any future pregnancies she doesn't gain as much and have as bad ab separation after. Just wish she was honest, there is no shame in saying "being pregnant and now post partum, I realise I need to take better care of my body"
Did she say this in her vlog? Correct me if I’m wrong but surely you cannot prevent ab separation?! It’s it’s gonna happen, it’s gonna happen. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1