Jameela Jamil #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hang on, so Jameela is acting the victim again just because Piers Morgan exposed her for making Caroline feel suicidal. OK, love. Pot. Kettle. Black.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hang on, so Jameela is acting the victim again just because Piers Morgan exposed her for making Caroline feel suicidal. OK, love. Pot. Kettle. Black.
"Did you just call me black? and a kettle? i can't believe this, kids in school used to call me a black kettle, stop bullying me!" - Jameela Jamil, probably.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You know I would love it if Piers slapped a defamation lawsuit on her. She's really making this all about her. FUK she's annoying.

Reactions: 1

“ This has to stop. Suicide is incredibly serious. It is one of the most awful, tragic acts a human being can carry out. Making suicide into a political bargaining chip or using it to shame or shut down one’s opponents will further emotionalise and denigrate public discussion. And it will trivialise suicide too. Worst of all, if we encourage a younger generation to view suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts as a way of making a political argument, a way of defeating one’s opponents, we will really regret it.”

Reactions: 16

“ This has to stop. Suicide is incredibly serious. It is one of the most awful, tragic acts a human being can carry out. Making suicide into a political bargaining chip or using it to shame or shut down one’s opponents will further emotionalise and denigrate public discussion. And it will trivialise suicide too. Worst of all, if we encourage a younger generation to view suicidal thoughts or suicide attempts as a way of making a political argument, a way of defeating one’s opponents, we will really regret it.”
Absolutely spot on. That self-loving hair flick GIF she posted is sickening. This isn't someone who could even contemplate the idea of a world without her in it.

She knows that she can get away with anything and silence any critic the moment she invokes suicide. She already did so as soon as Caroline Flack died, implying she would do the same, to try to get people to stop calling her out on her own lies, even before Caroline's messages about her were revealed. Absolutely warped.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
And to try to drum up hate for Piers Morgan because he can easily see them both for the manipulative liars they are. There's a lot that's similar about Megain and Jameela that has nothing to with being genuine victims of racism and everything to do with being narcissists:

- Both know how to elicit sympathy through manipulating others and casting themselves as the victim in order to allow them to freely bully and victimise others. Deny, attack, reverse victim and offender (Megain and Kate, Jameela and Caroline Flack). Not ashamed of using accusations of racism, sexism or carefully-crafted tales of serious illness and suicidal ideation to do this.

- Both latch on to a younger man with talent (James) or standing (Harry) and gradually isolate him from his friends and family until he only has them left. They take advantage of their partner's vulnerabilities to do this (Harry's mother issues, James's social awkwardness) and force them to become a puppet/mouthpiece for their own agendas. Their partners are endlessly forced to defend their increasingly unreasonable, demanding and extreme behaviour (James pretending he is witness to all of Jameela's ailments, Harry tacitly agreeing with everything Meghan says but letting her so the direct accusing).

- Both have highly problematic relationship with their own families, who either see through their manipulation (Megain's sister, Jameela's brother) or are masters of it themselves and go a very long way to explaining why they are like that are (Jameela's mother, Megain's father to some extent).

- Both pay endless lip service to causes (social justice, the environment, etc) only as a way to co-opt them so that they themselves gain attention and are seen in a positive light. Are actually very hard-nosed and don't genuinely care about anything other than themselves and how they are perceived.

- Gravitate naturally to Los Angeles to surround themselves with yes-people and fellow narcissists, as close to the spotlight as they can get and away from the real world where they are more likely to be called out and their behaviour challenged.

- Accuse the media/tabloids/anyone who dares to challenge their version of events and points out how lacking in integrity they are of having an agenda against them. Try to cast specific villans who have dared to challenge them and don't indulge them: Piers Morgan, palace staff, etc.

- Are addicted to causing drama, even if they know some people won't be fooled. As long as enough people take their side so that they feel the drama they are causing is on their terms, and they generate enough coverage/controversy/anger/sycophancy to, in Jameela's words, 'add to my relevance'.

- Highly inflated and distorted image of themselves as 'crusaders', blowing open the hypocrisy and cruelty of 'The Firm' (Megain) or valiantly fighting white racist patriarchy and celebrity culture (Jameela calling herself the 'Trojan Horse' of Hollywood). Actually obsessed with being celebrities themselves and perfectly prepared to be cruel to those they see as less important than them (everyone), to claw their way to maximum adulation/publicity as a substitute for genuine human relations that they are too messed up to value.
This is bloody spot on. SPOT. ON. 👏

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Jammela will get her just desserts, it's a matter of time. I so envy the people who have never heard of her!!!! She's only in it for herself.

Reactions: 5
I’m so fascinated by the parallels between Meghan and Jameela, @obsessivelocust. It’s a clear pattern of narcissism that you’ve highlighted and I knew I found them both simultaneously intriguing but horrifying. It must be killing jameela though that she isn’t centre of attention here. What happens when one mega narc pretends to adore the other? (Jameela pretending she backs Meghan.) surely there is actually intense jealously there on Jameela‘s part? How will that manifest itself/climax? And how long will both of their victims, sorry partners, stick it out for?!

God I can’t wait for both of their downfalls! I’m amazed that the manipulation we’re seeing is unfolding so publicly before our eyes. I’d love to hear a full-on psychoanalysis from a clinical psychologist on this. Anyone know of a good podcast for this purpose?!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m so fascinated by the parallels between Meghan and Jameela, @obsessivelocust. It’s a clear pattern of narcissism that you’ve highlighted and I knew I found them both simultaneously intriguing but horrifying. It must be killing jameela though that she isn’t centre of attention here. What happens when one mega narc pretends to adore the other? (Jameela pretending she backs Meghan.) surely there is actually intense jealously there on Jameela‘s part? How will that manifest itself/climax? And how long will both of their victims, sorry partners, stick it out for?!

God I can’t wait for both of their downfalls! I’m amazed that the manipulation we’re seeing is unfolding so publicly before our eyes. I’d love to hear a full-on psychoanalysis from a clinical psychologist on this. Anyone know of a good podcast for this purpose?!
It's interesting, isn't it? On the one hand Meghan flatters Jameela (eg choosing to highlight her when she edited Vogue) and Jameela flatters her back. It's reassuring for supernarcs to see their own behaviour reflected in someone else. It makes them feel righteous, justified and powerful: two brave women of colour taking on the white male patriarchy, destroying evil institutions, taking down those who dare to challenge them.

But as you say, at some point the jealously is bound to kick in. Narcs don't want to share the limelight. Jameela will be thinking what does Meghan have that I don't? Why does she get to be one of the most talked-about women in the world and I only get to hang on her coat-tails? After all, both are a similar age with a similar limited level of talent as presenters and minor actresses. Why does Meghan get the prince and I get James Blake?

So she will start to feel she is owed more and become more and more extreme in her efforts to hang on to the limelight. She isn't getting any younger, after all, and will be acutely aware of the need to extend her 'shelf life'. It remains to be seen whether either James or Harry will free themselves. Meghan can't really do 'better' but Jameela may well decide she needs make a play for a 'higher calibre' victim to bolster her 'relevance' before it's too late. She knows she doesn't really have the talent to become a household name unless by accident, and co-opting causes and manipulating certain gullible people and sections of the media can only take her so far.

Reactions: 5
This is bleeping gross tbh. To say that Meghan hasn't been a genuine victim of racism is wilfully blind and racist in and of itself. The fact that she elicits more hate from a lot of people in this country than thoroughly disgusting people like Piers Morgan and Prince Andrew shows how far we have to go in the UK when it comes to both the treatment of women in the press and insidious forms of racism. I can't get over the amount of people that still believe an actual hate crime has to be committed before we can call something racist.
I disagree. While Meghan has got more hate than Andrew, and in my opinion equal levels of hate to Piers, she has also received vastly more love from the public than them. Meghan has actual fans, whereas those two men never will (especially Andrew, he has no redeeming features).

Meghan has successfully courted the press and behaved in a controversial fashion. She has also deliberately polarised public opinion. She behaves in a way that attracts attention. She is a more interesting (and beautiful) public character than those two blokes will ever be. This is why she attracts strong feelings; nothing to do with her mum happening to be black.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I’m honestly surprised (but shamelessly hoping for) a Jameela Jamil/Jack Monroe collaboration...or would that be a showdown, lol? The parallels between the two are very,
weirdly similar.

Almost new thread title time! I am SURE that with all the (made up) dramas going on in this woman’s life, we can collectively think of something wittier than “Jameela Jamil #3”. Let’s get voting!

I’ll start with something about the dead seal knocking her over. “Jameela Jamil - can’t even stand up without being hit by a seal” I know people can do way better lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’m honestly surprised (but shamelessly hoping for) a Jameela Jamil/Jack Monroe collaboration...or would that be a showdown, lol? The parallels between the two are very,
weirdly similar.

Almost new thread title time! I am SURE that with all the (made up) dramas going on in this woman’s life, we can collectively think of something wittier than “Jameela Jamil #3”. Let’s get voting!

I’ll start with something about the dead seal knocking her over. “Jameela Jamil - can’t even stand up without being hit by a seal” I know people can do way better lol.
This title is gold 😂😂 I can’t think of a better one.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
weirdly similar.

Hahahhahahaa oh my god! You are right 🤣 both of these women have are very similar attention seekers 🥴

Reactions: 2
Hahahhahahaa oh my god! You are right 🤣 both of these women have are very similar attention seekers 🥴
it is basically a competition who has suffered more imaginary illnesses/misfortunes (or seal related injuries :LOL:)

Reactions: 3
I thought the world had spun on it's axis a couple of weeks ago, when Jameela was going on about her alleged train assaults, and Jack Monroe said she had a tattoo of a whole hive of bees!

(For the uninitiated, Jack Monroe frequently comes up with unlikely train-related incidents, while Jameela comes up with dramatic tales involving bees).

Reactions: 6
I thought the world had spun on it's axis a couple of weeks ago, when Jameela was going on about her alleged train assaults, and Jack Monroe said she had a tattoo of a whole hive of bees!

(For the uninitiated, Jack Monroe frequently comes up with unlikely train-related incidents, while Jameela comes up with dramatic tales involving bees).
they also both do that thing where if someone mentions they have suffered whatever, they have suffered it 10 times worse and 10 times more

Reactions: 3
My suggestion for the new thread title is:

"Jameela Jamil #3: I lie I've had cancer, pretend to be queer, to try to enhance and extend my career."

How do we vote exactly?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.