Jade Billington #6 Jade might act innocent & sweet, but you can't hide what you Tweet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am baffled that anyone can say Jade who blatantly participated in homophobic jokes/used homophobic slurs is NOT homophobic??? I don’t believe in cancel culture but there is no excuse or justification for that behaviour.
there is no excuse but I don’t believe she’s a homophobe , it was a really immature thing to do and she clearly thought she was being funny and sly .. it’s inexcusable but I just think it’s a stupid joke between two stupid twats , I don’t think it was malicious in anyway

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think she is very naive in this situation. She was joining in on a homophobic joke but didn't realise just how offensive that word is. She showing even more immaturity by not addressing it. I think she must live a sheltered and privileged life, does she even know any LGBT people to learn their experiences with that word? I guess not!!

Reactions: 9
As from someone who lived in a very christian community for 21 years, I have to say I’m not too exited for Jade joining the Bethel church. The believes they practise is, in my opinion, small and narrow minded, ‘there is only one right way, and that is our way’. I don’t mean to offend anyone! But I really fear that the whole church thing is going to change Jade even more. Bible Reading and doing devotions montages, instead of making cups of tea montages. Not that I enjoyed these particularly. I really liked Jade for who she was a couple of years ago. Just a cool girl next door, a bit of a big sister your could say. Someone who isn’t as elite as a celebrity but still someone who you could look up to. She forced herself into someone she isn’t and let herself be influenced by others, she didn’t stay true to herself. I can only imagine the war she is having in her head. Who am I, what am I going to do, am I staying alone, how do I go on from here? But than again, some of this she really brought upon herself.
I don’t think reading a book by someone associated with that church constitutes her joining the church? Odds are she really didn’t know what the connection was when she started reading it and as long as content of the book itself is harmless enough I really don’t think she has done anything wrong by reading the book and this is just picking at straws.

I enjoy the Mission Impossible movies with Tom Cruise in them but I am yet to join the Church of Scientology.

And before people jump on me, I’m not some sort of sympathiser, I’ve said I think the whole twitter joke is insanely childish for a woman of her age but I don’t think she is homophobic herself, she just made a very very bad judgment call.

Reactions: 11
She studied musical theatre and lives in (or near) Brighton for goodness sakes. Both of those places have a heavy LGBT presence and there’s no WAY she didn’t know what she was saying/doing. TBG too! The pair of them are as bad as each other. I know Jade thinks she lives on a fluffy princess castle cloud where she reins supreme but this is real life and real people they’ve affected. I can’t speak on behalf of the gay community but as an ally myself I know for a fact I would never be so insensitive, rude or disrespectful. I don’t think this is one of those things you can agree to disagree on. It’s like people who say “I’m not homophobic BUT...” or “I’m not racist BUT...” and follow it up with some stupid homophobic/racist comment. It’s not what you say it’s how you act, and her actions were found out. If this was someone in my real life I would be calling them out and informing them in a heartbeat.

Reactions: 8
Her Instagram follow count has gone down from 272 to 271. @ot55 can you see if it’s anything interesting she’s unfollowed please? 😘 Might just be a glitch though.
Ooo I’ll take a look when I get home! 😆

I don’t think reading a book by someone associated with that church constitutes her joining the church?
Yeah I agree, I don’t think this means she’s joined the bethel church. She already belongs to a church. The book is basically a Christian break up guide so I can see why she’s reading it, it doesn’t seem to have any connection to the bethel itself

Reactions: 6
She studied musical theatre and lives in (or near) Brighton for goodness sakes. Both of those places have a heavy LGBT presence and there’s no WAY she didn’t know what she was saying/doing. TBG too! The pair of them are as bad as each other. I know Jade thinks she lives on a fluffy princess castle cloud where she reins supreme but this is real life and real people they’ve affected. I can’t speak on behalf of the gay community but as an ally myself I know for a fact I would never be so insensitive, rude or disrespectful. I don’t think this is one of those things you can agree to disagree on. It’s like people who say “I’m not homophobic BUT...” or “I’m not racist BUT...” and follow it up with some stupid homophobic/racist comment. It’s not what you say it’s how you act, and her actions were found out. If this was someone in my real life I would be calling them out and informing them in a heartbeat.
I’m honestly in no way condoning her actions so please don’t think I’m being tolerant of the word she used, I just think it was a blatant lapse in judgement. That word is of course extremely homophobic, but I think their use of it was more them trying to push the boundaries of cheekiness thinking it’s ok because it’s on a food packet rather than using it because she is homophobic. Jade isn’t stupid, if she had homophobic views she wouldn’t out herself like that, It was just a pretty childish joke to make at that age.

It’s like when I first ever visited America when I was 9, when we checked in the hotel receptionist told us to “have a gay day” and my 9 year old self thought that was hilarious, not because I was homophobic but because it just wasn’t a term you’d associate with that sort of context if you get me? Especially since in the UK that word pretty much just means homosexual. I think that’s the sort of reason Jade and TBG found it funny.. of course I was 9 and not in my 20s, which is where she should have known better.

Reactions: 7
I’m honestly in no way condoning her actions so please don’t think I’m being tolerant of the word she used, I just think it was a blatant lapse in judgement. That word is of course extremely homophobic, but I think their use of it was more them trying to push the boundaries of cheekiness thinking it’s ok because it’s on a food packet rather than using it because she is homophobic. Jade isn’t stupid, if she had homophobic views she wouldn’t out herself like that, It was just a pretty childish joke to make at that age.
I agree, i don't think using the term or finding it funny means Jade is actually homophobic, as in she thinks that being gay is wrong and is prejudiced against gay people (she might be but i don't think her laughing at a joke with her friend proves it). but it does show that she's immature, naive and ignorant, all things we already knew. this is just more proof of that.

Reactions: 8
I am baffled that anyone can say Jade who blatantly participated in homophobic jokes/used homophobic slurs is NOT homophobic??? I don’t believe in cancel culture but there is no excuse or justification for that behaviour.
While I don't think Jade is hardcore homophobic I do think she I guess looks down on them in general like she looks down on commoners. I know most non-denominational churches have no issues with people being gay, and even very Christian churches who blame their non-gay beliefs on the Bible most often are accepting. I was raised Catholic and there were two gay couples in the congregation and never were they denied communion but I'm sure a marriage was not allowed.

BUT, it doesn't change the fact that she was well aware of the connotations on the *f* word and still used it, which is absolutely disgusting and it only gets worse when she tries to delete it away. I believe cancel culture is out of control, but I think it's because people aren't facing up to mistakes like they should as adults and members of society and apologizing and committing to change how they act, which is what everyone wants.

We all make mistakes, just say hey I effed up and deal with it. If that means you get fired oh well it was your actions that caused it, if that means you lose SM sponsorships oh well Jade posted those tweets and offensive poses at Auschwitz not anyone else.

Looking for solace in a church or a book is fine and if that type of support helps Jade that is great, but how can she truly move forward until she acknowledges the past, what is that saying "if you don't learn from history you're bound to repeat it?"

As it is pride month perhaps Jade could acknowledge that & maybe at least put it out there that she is not homophobic. That may ease her into an apology. Although to be honest I can't understand why it is taking her so long to come up with an apology, surely her management company must be aware & advising her?

It's becoming embarrassing now Jade 🤦‍♀️

Wow, well that was a pretty bland way to tell fans they don't matter, because if she could muster the time after a month to write a book, she could have spent five seconds to post an I'm OK weeks ago.

I knew she would play the MH card, and I do have issues with that (from family experiences) as there is a difference between general anxiety and people who have real chemical imbalances in their brain that can't control emotions no matter how hard they try and may need therapy and medication forever or for a short period of time to get it under control.

I have a feeling (and I could be wrong) that Jade is one of those "sensitive" people who cry MH when they are just uncomfortable in a situation, like having your husband leave you or being called out for homophobic tweets, because she is so used to either having her way or having someone else handle all the crappy or tough situations for her. I had a close friend lose her child and was back at work the day after the funeral. Yes she had tears falling uncontrollably all day but she mustered through. That is a tragedy, and Jade really needs to put her life situation into perspective!

Yes, a breakup is tough, and any life-changing event will have you going through ups and downs, but instead of focusing on all she HAS and trying to be GRATEFUL for it she wants to play into the poor poor me story again. I agree with @ot55 that there is no way her disappearance and the tweets and companies being alerted to them was a coincidence. Not a peep about what you did Jade? No mention of it screams she wants to lay low longer in hopes the problems will fade away so she never has to address it.

I also believe that Jade was finally forced into making a post as she saw more negative comments about her and people were coming over here and she wanted to shut it down. Too late.

Brogan was probably bugging Jade for inside info and Jade cut her off haha. Overall, I think Jade is done unless she really thinks she can reinvent herself (aka find a new influencer to copy)
What happened with Brogan?

Reactions: 1
I believe ot55 found that Jade quit following her on her personal insta account just a few days ago, and someone else said Brogan mentioned having a bad day at that same time. Whether that is related or not nobody knows.

I had a quick check on jades Instagram to see if she has ever posted anything pride related. This was all I could find. I know it doesn’t mean much and I’m not suggesting she isn’t homophobic just because she posted a pretty picture of a rainbow but just thought I’d put it out there. Also this was posted about a year after those tweets.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
I had a quick check on jades Instagram to see if she has ever posted anything pride related. This was all I could find. I know it doesn’t mean much and I’m not suggesting she isn’t homophobic just because she posted a pretty picture of a rainbow but just thought I’d put it out there. Also this was posted about a year after those tweets.
You sure it wasn't just so she could drop the tag for views? Kind of like her #fertilityissues?

Reactions: 12
Brogan is no longer following Jade’s private Instagram account. We’re assuming Jade has removed her, rather than brogan unfollowing as brogan likes to brag about inside knowledge so has no reason to unfollow. They’re both still folllowing each other on main Instas though

You sure it wasn't just so she could drop the tag for views? Kind of like her #fertilityissues?
Haha yeah the fact tumblr girl and fashion come before the pride hashtag makes me think she was only caring about the aesthetic 😬🙄

Her Instagram follow count has gone down from 272 to 271. @ot55 can you see if it’s anything interesting she’s unfollowed please? 😘 Might just be a glitch though.
An account has gone! It’s this Gemma one. Although I looked her up and can’t see her at all so I think she’s deactivated
46861F2C-4B2B-4371-94D9-D5E9F641E51D.jpeg

Reactions: 4
I mean also this is not a pride rainbow either. Just pretty pastel colours in rainbow-ish order but also not really.

Reactions: 9
I wonder if the person who contacted ATD and Disney also contacted her management?? I would LOVE to know what they said!

Reactions: 4
Well I see they have moved on over to her next most recent video....wonder how long before she shuts comments off on all of them? :ROFLMAO:

The Gemma from above has a youtube channel, very fresh not many followers yet but Disney haul stuff I see

itsgemmaann
1.82K subscribers

Attachments

Last edited:
I thought I’d see if there were any new comments on Jade’s last video with Matt. This one from Olivia had me 😬😬 someone missed the memo
3CAD7B95-1FD7-44B7-A37C-7B1E8CBA5CE5.jpeg

Also this on the Florida vlogs 😬
7530EB2C-6341-4912-96D4-D9AFFDFCA021.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I do like what Shelby had to say too because we all know it's Matts fault 100%-geez. Seriously she must have had this randomly suggested to her and she watched it and commented without having a clue. If she bothers watching anything else she will figure it out soon enough.

Real question though - when someone petitions for divorce in the UK is it publicly posted? Just curious if there are notices for legal separations or divorce or if they only post things once a divorce is judged final.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.