Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw it yesterday and he seemed desperate, stressed and anxious, his son Buddy looked somewhat concerned!!
I skimmed through it and my god he needs the team there. No more calming and re-assuring Jamie. Although I dread to think how over the place Jack would be.

Half the show was just cooking blending up greens and dairy to make a pasta sauce. Everytime I've watched parts of his show it's been pasta sauces.

Reactions: 3
I skimmed through it and my god he needs the team there. No more calming and re-assuring Jamie. Although I dread to think how over the place Jack would be.

Half the show was just cooking blending up greens and dairy to make a pasta sauce. Everytime I've watched parts of his show it's been pasta sauces.
I think that's all he can cope with at the moment, looks as if he is about to crack up.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She identified as non-binary so you were right on that part. And given how little she discussed it after the Guardian article about it, who knows how long it all lasted in real-life.
Yeah I didn't want to erase anyone's identity, I'm as pro LGBT as the next sane person, but everyone in the thread was using she and the whole thing just didn't add up!

Jack is so strange.

Reactions: 4
So much to unpack here. Mainly... who gives a duck what mumsnet says about your tits? She’s a bloodhound for drama.
I remember that MN thread. IIRC, the issue wasn’t about her tits, but because it was an award specifically for women and Jack had decided at that at that point that she was a man. Then in her acceptance speech she made some comment about rocking a beard and being pumped full of testerone for next years awards. I think the commenters on MN were rightly pointing out that she couldn’t have it both ways. ‘They’ are either a man so shouldn’t be accepting an award for women, or they’re woman.
Edited to say she was ‘identifying as male’, rather.

Reactions: 7
She’s always been ok with ‘she’, according to the Guardian.
When is that from? I’m pretty sure she asked to be referred to as ‘they/them’ at one point. I’ve just searched for the threads on MN to see if I was going mad but they’ve all been deleted. Obviously.

Reactions: 1
When is that from? I’m pretty sure she asked to be referred to as ‘they/them’ at one point.
Wouldn’t surprise me, seems she enjoys creating confusion 🤪

Article here https://www.theguardian.com/society...woman-or-a-man-interview-transgender-identity

I found the article confusing because she mentions wanting to be seen as neither male nor female but ‘as a person’ - but in the shoot dresses as a feminine woman with stereotypical feminine poses/expressions, then in masculine dress with stereotypically male stance/expression. Which to me translates to the opposite of what she said. And reinforces gender stereotypes. Or am I missing something?

Reactions: 11
duck me, I want to be treated as a person too, I had no idea it was a whole identity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Wouldn’t surprise me, seems she enjoys creating confusion 🤪

Article here https://www.theguardian.com/society...woman-or-a-man-interview-transgender-identity

I found the article confusing because she mentions wanting to be seen as neither male nor female but ‘as a person’ - but in the shoot dresses as a feminine woman with stereotypical feminine poses/expressions, then in masculine dress with stereotypically male stance/expression. Which to me translates to the opposite of what she said. And reinforces gender stereotypes. Or am I missing something?
No, she’s bleeping exhausting. She says she wants to be referred to as ‘in transition’ but she’s not transitioning into a male. So what, she’s transitioning into a non-binary person? And how is she doing that? By dressing as a stereotypical woman one day and wearing stereotypically male clothing the next? It’s all very ‘look at me! Look at me!’

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Honestly, this pisses me off. Complain about gender roles, sure, but actively reinforce them? duck off.

Reactions: 7
Of all the things to be wound up by that she does... I find her constant “I swear like a sailor” really annoying. Not because swearing upsets me, I do it all the time, but it’s the way she acts like she thinks it gives her more street cred. She’s like the goody two shoes who wants to be taken more seriously by the cool kids. She also overuses the word tits which I find really grating.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.