Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone follow Ryan Riley? He runs a cookery school for patients undergoing chemo because the treatment can alter taste buds. He’s built himself a studio at home and will be filming his classes himself now and releasing them for free

so Jacks excuses as to why she can’t do it on YouTube is absolute shite

Reactions: 14
A person i know had to fly to London for reassignment surgery and fly home 5 days later while healing not to mention all the flights for appointments because we don't have a surgeon who will do it here in Ireland, count your blessings Jack that you could avail of that surgery in your home country if you needed to.

Reactions: 6
Her son’s birthday ‘cake’ but the most important thing was being front and centre as soon as the candles were lit to take a photo for her twitter? Who does that other than the most voracious influencers? And using her crusade hashtag in the tweet. Sorry did someone say something once about people exploiting their children for personal gain.... :unsure:

Attachments

Reactions: 8
She could still have a got a cake, I got one the other day, nobody is stockpiling cakes!

Agree just another chance for her to make it all about her

Reactions: 19
Baffled as to why she has to use bananas to replace the egg in the ‘birthday cake’ pancakes when she had two eggs for dinner last night.
#wearenotallinthistogether #sheclearlycouldhavemadeacake #whydopeoplebelievehercrap #shecantrememberherownlies
Good liars need good memories and she has a terrible memory :)

• Heart
Reactions: 10
And why replace sugar with honey and then add a banana which has high levels of fructose and the crap on top. A basic sponge cake would have been better.

Reactions: 7
And why replace sugar with honey and then add a banana which has high levels of fructose and the crap on top. A basic sponge cake would have been better.
I think it’s because ingredient swapping has become her “thing” - it ties into the poverty angle and the (now abandoned) vegan angle. None of her recipes ever seem to be basic and straightforward. I think it’s because she can’t compete with the mainstream cooks making pastry and Victoria sponges so she has to be a bit wacky and alternative instead.

Also, those pancakes might photograph cute for Instagram but no way would I want to eat pancakes with a ton of gold glitter and sprinkles dumped on top. Hopefully her son did 😬

Reactions: 11
I think that's all he can cope with at the moment, looks as if he is about to crack up.
I quite enjoyed yesterday’s programme where he made quesadillas. He pronounced them casadillas. 😁

Reactions: 4
I quite enjoyed yesterday’s programme where he made quesadillas. He pronounced them casadillas. 😁
So did I, am inspired to make them for lunch, got some chicken too to add in the mix...no hummus to dip them in but there is a can of chickpeas in the cupboard!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

Yel

Her son’s birthday ‘cake’ but the most important thing was being front and centre as soon as the candles were lit to take a photo for her twitter? Who does that other than the most voracious influencers? And using her crusade hashtag in the tweet. Sorry did someone say something once about people exploiting their children for personal gain.... :unsure:
Exactly, those sparklers go down in seconds the camera came first while the kid was pushed to the side, if even there at all. The "cake" was made for her to get more of the attention she craves.

Supermarket aren't just full of cakes they're being sold off 80% reduced with the surplus.

Reactions: 6
So did I, am inspired to make them for lunch, got some chicken too to add in the mix...no hummus to dip them in but there is a can of chickpeas in the cupboard!
I haven’t got any tortilla wraps. 😩 I love quesadillas.

Reactions: 1
Watched a couple of the programmes after reading this thread, have to admit I did like the green sauce and pasta recipe, going to try it today. I was never a fan of his but Ms Monroe's spiteful attitude has made me want to give him another chance :)

Reactions: 13

Yel

If anyone wants to get on the air with jack the producer is looking for callers ;)

jack-monroe-is-shit.png

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Supermarket aren't just full of cakes they're being sold off 80% reduced with the surplus.
I suppose this is part of what I don't understand about her current stance. The supermarkets are more or less back to normal, why are we pretending like they're not? I know lots of people are in for some hard yards financially but that's different to lockdown. Noone needs to be eating spaghetti hoops and coconut milk because that's all there is. And if you can't get out (I'm one of those people), there's about 6 million good Samaritans on every facebook group, every corner shop, pub and cafe seem to be set up delivery now (It may be different if you're super rural, but she's only Essex, isn't she?)

She could have got everything to make her kid a cake without any faff?

Reactions: 15
Who knew she had time for all this, given she’s already working 20 hour days :rolleyes:

Also they quizzed you on *fifty* titles, really?
Ugh I can't understand this incredibly dispiriting fashion for arranging books by colour. Makes it all so joyless.
Please don't say she is going to start being a book guru now? #Jackslockdownlibrary.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.