Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the reason she hasn't filed her accounts is because she's scared people will see the truth. This is a person with several bestselling books giving her regular royalties, quite aside from the all the streams of income she has, including actual begging. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she's on six figures. This idea that she's living on tinned hoops etc is just insanity.

Reactions: 19
This attention-seeker and egomaniac is now jumping on practically any news article to stay relevant, and has commented about her supposed DD boobs being unaffected by not wearing a bra. This is in response to a Sun article on Twitter which says not wearing one makes them saggy, which according to jack, doesn't apply to to her magic faux-poor mammaries. No-one wants to know, you sad mare. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
I wonder if the reason she hasn't filed her accounts is because she's scared people will see the truth. This is a person with several bestselling books giving her regular royalties, quite aside from the all the streams of income she has, including actual begging. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if she's on six figures. This idea that she's living on tinned hoops etc is just insanity.
Unless she's turning over more than £10m a year, she doesn't have to file a profit and loss statement, so we probably won't find out.

Anyone remember the allergy testing she had? And she apparently developed an allergy to tomatoes and oh the pain and mouth ulcers etc they caused. Then it all stopped. Not a word.

Reactions: 12
Companies House will move to strike off a company if there's no response to letters, it'll be assumed the directors have 'gone away'. It's a criminal offence to not file with Companies House and late accounts will incur hefty late filing penalty, so she could still be prosecuted. I used to work at Companies House.

Reactions: 10
Unless she's turning over more than £10m a year, she doesn't have to file a profit and loss statement, so we probably won't find out.
Small companies don't have to file their P&L either, we never have & my husband was one of those lone employees of a Ltd company (that HMRC clamped down on with IR35). We'll likely only see her balance sheet but from that we can get an impression of where she stands, and I'm in complete agreement it will not be the living wage & bleeping spag hoops with chick peas!

Reactions: 4
This attention-seeker and egomaniac is now jumping on practically any news article to stay relevant, and has commented about her supposed DD boobs being unaffected by not wearing a bra. This is in response to a Sun article on Twitter which says not wearing one makes them saggy, which according to jack, doesn't apply to to her magic faux-poor mammaries. No-one wants to know, you sad mare. :rolleyes:
What happened to the binding? She was always going on about this during her 'trans' or 'non-binary' phase. Not fashionable now that she's looking for television work maybe?

• Sick
Reactions: 7
What happened to the binding? She was always going on about this during her 'trans' or 'non-binary' phase. Not fashionable now that she's looking for television work maybe?
She literally just jumps on any band wagon to stay relevant/get attention, should we try and predict what will be next lol

Reactions: 5
There's a Scottish journalist who reminds me of her, anything around, she has to have it and 100x worse than everyone else.

Reactions: 3
There's a Scottish journalist who reminds me of her, anything around, she has to have it and 100x worse than everyone else.
A guess: V*nny Brav*? Frightened of writing her name clearly here and it becoming the subject of a dreary Twitter thread.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
If I remember correctly she was using they / them pronouns, binding her chest, and taking testosterone. While I don't think anyone needs to explain their choices to anyone, that she announces every other change in her life and hasn't said anything about it all is odd.

Reactions: 4
She literally just jumps on any band wagon to stay relevant/get attention, should we try and predict what will be next lol
Are there any left that she hasn't jumped on? Struggling to think of one!

If I remember correctly she was using they / them pronouns, binding her chest, and taking testosterone. While I don't think anyone needs to explain their choices to anyone, that she announces every other change in her life and hasn't said anything about it all is odd.
I remember her appearing in numerous media articles explaining how important it was that people use the correct pronouns and talking about binding her chest and taking testosterone. I agree that she doesn't need to explain her choices but someone who makes such a huge fanfare about such choices and aggressively tells people that they must respect these choices risks looking a bit of a fool when the next minute they are all forgotten and she is extolling the virtues of having large breasts. All very odd!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Ah, ok, sorry. She’s very inconsistent.
She identified as non-binary so you were right on that part. And given how little she discussed it after the Guardian article about it, who knows how long it all lasted in real-life.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.