Jack Monroe (bootstrapcook)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I swear JM and SH are one and the same person.
They're the one two threads I post much on.. though very new to this one. I actually find their behaviour so fascinating. Very bizarre.

This attached tweet. *eyes roll to back of head* just unfollowed (was following from ages ago and never unfollowed). Need to stop noseying on her page its just too irritating.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
They're the one two threads I post much on.. though very new to this one. I actually find their behaviour so fascinating. Very bizarre.

This attached tweet. *eyes roll to back of head* just unfollowed (was following from ages ago and never unfollowed). Need to stop noseying on her page its just too irritating.
I did post last week to see if anyone had ever seen SH and JM in the same room at the same time .....

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It's actually quite bad cos as a director you have a number of *legal* responsibilities you have to fulfil and you can get in tit for not doing it.

I'm not au fait with the ins & outs of TV commissioning, maybe it's the wild west, but I know a lot of larger firms won't engage with sub/contractors unless they're all legit and above board and up to date on CH (& audited for larger entities, this'd be N/A for her obvs) and all the other stuff like credit worthiness & KYC type checks for other risks. I can't imagine someone that can't be fucked to file their accounts is going to bag a major prime time TV show??
It’ll be that pesky ‘admin assistant’s’ fault...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sick & tired of hearing her go on about all this free work so went to companies house beta, shockingly she's never posted accounts (they're overdue)?? She only registered the company in 2018, I feel like she's been around for years & years though?

Link for anyone that's interested, there's nothing there: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/11259997
Says in the files she was nearly struck off the register. It was then retracted end of Feb as they were shown reason as to why she shouldn't be struck off... 🤔

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Also, the hilarious thing is Jack only got the growing Twitter attention from blue ticks and their sycophants because of the constant virtue signalling and butting in to online conversations that had absolutely nothing to do with food.

There has been a pattern of Jack jumping in to whatever is popular in the moment and desperately trying to gain attention, jobs and followers from it and shamefully that’s exactly how Jack is using this coronavirus crises.

Reactions: 11
Says in the files she was nearly struck off the register. It was then retracted end of Feb as they were shown reason as to why she shouldn't be struck off... 🤔
I also spotted this when nosing st the companies house page! Can anyone explain what this means, and hypothesise any reasons why she might be struck off?! 🤔

I also spotted this when nosing st the companies house page! Can anyone explain what this means, and hypothesise any reasons why she might be struck off?! 🤔
I confess I'm not au fait with how companies house works. Though I would imagine it's to do with late accounts. I'm more intrigued as to what reasoning they accepted from her to retract their notice to strike her off! Wonder what pity story she gave 😂

Reactions: 3
She has been given a column in metro.co.uk starting today, she should be pleased but no, first thing she does is have a dig at Jamie Oliver for using capers in his television show, then goes on to use them herself in her 'recipe' (mashed up sardines on toast). She really comes across as spiteful and unpleasant, why is any media outlet giving her airtime?
tbh i am surprised metro are hiring anyone at this point, surely 99%of their readership are commuters ofwhich now there are very few

Reactions: 7
She's no doubt earnt a profit of several multiples over the £50'000 ish in a tax year to pay the higher rate of dividends tax. So she either has to draw out the money and pay out the higher tax or leave it in the company and have it on public record how much cash in the bank her solely owned company has.

For someone that spends so much time at her desk and has an assistant and an accountant it's strange she's so overdue 😆.

She strikes me as the kind of poverty campaigner that only wants others to pay more tax.

Reactions: 15
Accounts were due by 16th December 2019 and weren't filed, that will have automatically triggered the notice of compulsory strike-off. Her accountants have then got in touch with Companies House and gone, 'Really sorry, we're doing them, we'll file them shortly,' and got it overturned.

Just realised that the vegan banana bread from A Girl Called Jack (published 2014) that she shared on Twitter yesterday is almost exactly the same as the recipe that was posted on BBC Good Food in 2012
Just noticed this - the sugar content is different and yes she’s added some cardamon but the oil, self raising flour, cinnamon and banana measurements are the same. At the bottom of page, Jack states you can “tip the chef” if you want to, which takes you to her PayPal. But, she’s allowed ads on her blog - so she must be making a small fortune especially with everything going on at the moment. Un freaking believable. 😡

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Just noticed this - the sugar content is different and yes she’s added some cardamon but the oil, self raising flour, cinnamon and banana measurements are the same. At the bottom of page, Jack states you can “tip the chef” if you want to, which takes you to her PayPal. But, she’s allowed ads on her blog - so she must be making a small fortune especially with everything going on at the moment. Un freaking believable. 😡
Most recipes are just recycled but the fact that she considers sardines on toast to be "A Recipe" and worthy of a newspaper column is insane. I don't even think I'm cooking when I make stuff on toast because there's no skill or thought involved. Thank God we have Jack to save us from the Corona, one can of sardines or spaghetti hoops at a time.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just realised that the vegan banana bread from A Girl Called Jack (published 2014) that she shared on Twitter yesterday is almost exactly the same as the recipe that was posted on BBC Good Food in 2012
In past interviews she openly admitted copying or adapting recipes from other chefs/ websites including Jamie Oliver, ironic.

Reactions: 4
In fairness the basic proportions of scones, banana bread, sponge cake etc are more or less the same across the board, can't reinvent the wheel
This is not a defence of Jack

In fairness the basic proportions of scones, banana bread, sponge cake etc are more or less the same across the board, can't reinvent the wheel
This is not a defence of Jack
Agreed, but jack seems to want a lot of cash and credit for copying other recipes and leaving out a ingredient or using something cheaper. Aka common sense as people have been doing for a long long time.

Her whole Twitter advice could be replaced with a 16 grid bingo column, or maybe that's generous and 9 squares is ample.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I've just unfollowed her, again, on Twitter. Cannot stand seeing her self-righteousness tweets, saving us all from hunger, one tin at a time.
I see she's selling pictures of food now. I mean, bleeping come on. She'll be the only one of us to come out of this horrific situation richer!!!

Reactions: 14
She’s so entitled!! I couldn’t work out who she was referring to but all of her followers have piled on and are now slagging off jamie Oliver in the comments. I don’t particularly care for Jamie Oliver but seems really spiteful of her to do this
“Niche genre” ok 🙄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.