Jack Monroe #98 Thoroughly Naff

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've read research papers shorter than this bloody recipe. There are seven paragraphs dedicated to boiling the eggs alone. How does an egg even luxuriate? She obviously just furiously shits out all this purple prose without reading it back despite her claims of constantly checking and re-checking because there's an instance where she meant 'dice' but actually typed 'clice'. I also noticed 'reaslise' but then like our Jack I'm 'fastidious about these things' 🥴 The only part I'll give her credit for is admitting to an act of 'culinary treason'. The photo alone is a crime.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
I actually doubted that anchovy butter word vomit was Jack’s work. It’s just too ridiculous. The finger-sucking and groaning of internal organs... the more dignified but salty Elvis. Wtf?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
only a drunk person could think that describing a youtuber as having a 'voice of clipped velvet with a laugh never far behind' sounds clever. I will never ever get over that sentence.

For the love of god can someone triangulate the french youtuber?? i don't have the skills!
I feel like it might be the French Cooking Academy guy on YouTube. I don't think he laughs an awful lot but his accent is beautiful.

Reactions: 11
Hello frauen und herren, I’ve arrived here after stumbling into tattle via the Sali threads (gateway threads I’d call them) I’ve been on a grunka through early threads but there’s just so much!
I remember seeing the tweet when the DKL was announced and something about it was off; it didn’t quite sit right. From what I can recall (you probably have the receipts) it was very “something immense happened” followed by some kind of self indulgent drama,I remember thinking she couldn’t be that surprised like she’s always on telly or in the paper, she sounded like she’d been asked to sing at the Obama’s vow renewal or something. Anyway back to grunking, those egg abominations make me was to hurl.
Who had the tea on her being a journalist for a time? How come she never mentions that?

Edit-spelled grunk wrong

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Don't want the recipes, neither the prose. This is such a lesbian thing to do, the prose bit. Don't 🔺me, I am a lesbian, too, so expert proof advice coming from me.
Don’t worry, theres a few of us in here.

Which is surprising as the lesbian pescatarian bodybuilder isn’t as lesbian as she seems to be if the PP and their tea is true. Does not surprise me at all, she’s the type of manipulative cow to break up a marriage as she’d be the star of the show. She gives lesbians a bad name.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
My mother had one when I was a kid that she treated as though it would go off like a landmine at any moment - the most animated and elegant I ever saw her was as she leaned over from the safety of the sink to lift the weight with the tip of a carving knife, arabesquing like a small, sweaty ballerina in a cloud of chicken scented steam.

These days, however, pressure cookers come equipped with safety valves and failsafe mechanisms that prevent the lids being opened before the pressure is equalised with the outside world. So they're fine.
I've got one of the old-fashioned style pressure cookers, it's fab for stews. I too recall my mum lifting the weight to release the steam, so I was doing that too, until my husband read the instructions and you're supposed to just stick the whole pan in the sink and run cold water over the lid. It releases the pressure in a fraction of a time my mum's method took!
Back on topic.... Why on earth would a pressure cooker be a fire risk? Daft bint.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Don’t worry, theres a few of us in here.

Which is surprising as the lesbian pescatarian bodybuilder isn’t as lesbian as she seems to be if the PP and their tea is true. Does not surprise me at all, she’s the type of manipulative cow to break up a marriage as she’d be the star of the show. She gives lesbians a bad name.
The PP? What have I missed? Constantly on a grunk so apologies if I’m asking what’s been asked already.

Also for the dock, in my humble personal opinion sexuality is a spectrum. I don’t hold people to account for straying a little from the part of the spectrum they most align with.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
probably a...drums... surprise...a lie?
Or she’s insufferable twunt who stubbornly refuses to see her family. It’s been theorised on here before and I think it holds some weight.

So much of her story is quickly debunked by the fact that for some odd reason she’s never left her home town. Almost like she’s reliant on people there to bail her out... 🤔

Reactions: 27
If I was a self-proclaimed anti-poverty campaigner and food writer and someone told me that two of my budget recipe books were 99p on Kindle the day after it had been announced that England was going back into lockdown and the other UK nations were under similar levels of restriction, well, I might just share that information with my 280k followers. Just a bit of free marketing advice for you Jack. Why is she so bad at this?!
Other authors I follow do this. For someone so good at promoting her ego, she is really crap at promoting her actual books.

Reactions: 15
"Here SB, come and take a picture of mama standing on the table taking a photo"
Unless of course she's set up her tripod and timer for it?
Cleverly hiding her face to save her having to facetune herself into a 32 yr old baby, who does she think she's fooling with these set ups?!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I've got one of the old-fashioned style pressure cookers, it's fab for stews. I too recall my mum lifting the weight to release the steam, so I was doing that too, until my husband read the instructions and you're supposed to just stick the whole pan in the sink and run cold water over the lid. It releases the pressure in a fraction of a time my mum's method took!
Back on topic.... Why on earth would a pressure cooker be a fire risk? Daft bint.
It's less of a fire risk than her appliance or plug setups we've seen in photos! She also didn't have qualms about cooking with the camping stove in a confined environment 😬

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.