Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe for one moment she’s awake already. I reckon she sets those tedious recipe tweets on a timer to ping out for her eager public.
I’d wish she’d get up- my kids are still asleep and I’m bored. I might go watch my 10year old until she wakes up & says “missed you Mama” or IRL “why are you staring at me- you weirdo “ 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
I think Jack had just read about autistic women being hypersensitive, but she seems to have no problem with wearing tight itchy looking clothing, presumably, with labels, covering her face with makeup wearing wigs, having facial treatments. wanting to cut her brother's hair etc, and allegdly, cuddling her 10 year of son to sleep.
Lol she just wanted people to know she's hyperORGASMIC. I'm here Mrs J number 57 - come get meeeeeeee 😘😘😘😘

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
I think Jack had just read about autistic women being hypersensitive, but she seems to have no problem with wearing tight itchy looking clothing, presumably, with labels, covering her face with makeup wearing wigs, having facial treatments. wanting to cut her brother's hair etc, and allegdly, cuddling her 10 year of son to sleep.
She’s not bothered by contact with the floof 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Has anyone else had the ‘but why do you care? Just stop looking and ignore her’ conversation with their partner? I just had it and I’m exhausted trying to think of reasons not to.
We're all a bit trapped/out of control atm. Expressing some frustration on the internet, using my words, means I'm that much less likely to internalise or externalise current stresses (i.e. bottle those feelings up or snap/snark at dearest and physically nearest, through no choice of their own).

Is my defence and I stand by it m'lud ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I see the Soda bread recipe is up without the disclaimer. I just hope the bread isn't weaponised by the haunted hams and sentient coat racks.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I see the Soda bread recipe is up without the disclaimer. I just hope the bread isn't weaponised by the haunted hams and sentient coat racks.
The disclaimer typically doesn't come until a couple of hours later, when she can bump the recipe back into peoples' timelines. Which makes me wonder if there's a two hour period when it's OK for the haunted hams to share them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Has anyone else had the ‘but why do you care? Just stop looking and ignore her’ conversation with their partner? I just had it and I’m exhausted trying to think of reasons not to.
I’ve converted my partner. He was very invested in kitten gate and now he hate-follows her and sometimes tells me about the tit she spouts.

This must be how Mormons feel when somebody actually does want to hear about the word of Jesus.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Yeah but then you'd miss out on all these lovely ladies (and gents) top banter 😉

My fella doesn't ask. I just say 'I'm catching up on my website' and don't look at him for half an hour 😂

Think it also helps if you unfollow. Just stay here for the hoots.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Yes it’s so strange she never ever mentions a sister even though apparently the sister has been part of the family for a very long time and they seem to be pretty much the same age, from articles about her dad from when they were teenagers. I feel quite bad for the sister who I’m sure had been through difficult times before going into foster care and then to end up with a dad obsessed with the cost of things and a lying attention seeking sociopath sister. I understand that people should get money for foster caring so regular people can afford to do it but if there is too much of a financial incentive people do it for the wrong reasons. It probably should be more money but the way Jack’s dad talks about it in those articles must make his foster children feel awful. And if you have a foster child long term they would become like a child to you and isn’t that a benefit in itself? I think there’s a lot going on behind the scenes we don’t know about.
He sounded pissed that he didn’t get more money and was operating at a loss, so I don’t think there’s too much of a financial incentive. There’s also a seemingly permanent huge shortage of foster carers, so few people are swayed by the money. I get the sense he probably thought he’d get all sorts of grants and access to pots of money, and was surprised when he didn’t (but continued fostering for the glory). People who have never had to rely on the state seem to have a tendency to make these assumptions in my experience, probably put into their heads by the Daily Mail. I remember someone I know making a comment about the GP surgery being “full of scroungers getting their flu jabs” when being on benefits does not entitle someone to a free vaccine...

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The disclaimer typically doesn't come until a couple of hours later, when she can bump the recipe back into peoples' timelines. Which makes me wonder if there's a two hour period when it's OK for the haunted hams to share them.
I wonder if the ham sharing window is actually the time Jack uses for her post recipe howl 'n'claw.

It's not her! It's her friend in exactly the same circumstances that she's in.
Now now who hasn't taken to Twitter to ask for advice on behalf of a friend who is thinking of starting a family and then scampered back to them clutching print outs of the collective wisdom of Twitter?

• Haha
Her stupid bloody disclaimer reminds me of Mumsnet, when posters actually think their non-story will get lifted by the Mail. ‘I do not give permission for the Daily Mail to use this story bla bla bla. My DH has a hobby, I don’t want to say which. AIBU to want him to help around the house and be a parent sometimes?’ 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I wonder if the ham sharing window is actually the time Jack uses for her post recipe howl 'n'claw.

Now now who hasn't taken to Twitter to ask for advice on behalf of a friend who is thinking of starting a family and then scampered back to them clutching print outs of the collective wisdom of Twitter?
God can you imagine if she was pregnant? I don’t think I could cope with the various pregnancy ailments which would of course be the worstest that any SINGLE MOTHER had had to endure.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I genuinely hate the thought of people up and down the country trying to make that tomato soup concoction which, nine days after posting, still doesn't state the amount of water needed. They could very well guess it wrong and therefore waste time, food and, essentially, money.
I have had a 2-hour IncyGunk his morning, almost speedreading as fast a Jack, but when I got to this I had to make a comment dear @lilamay. You had me hooting like an owl.

Believe me, even if she does post the correct amount of water, people making it will still be wasting their time, food and money on the ingredients. It took almost 12 hours to get the horrible taste from the back of my throat. It was well documented at the time, and I don't wish to revisit the trauma.

Just a page or two to go and I will be back in real time. Can everyone just assume I have put a like at the side of their comment over the past 20 pages? It has taken me so long just to read without stopping to click likes on everyone.......but I do like all of your posts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I know not everyone here likes Jay Rayner. I love him and I hate Giles Coren. He’s (JR) posted an interesting thread today about Jack’s mate Henry and ‘their’ food strategy. Well, I thought it was.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
It's not her! It's her friend in exactly the same circumstances that she's in.
Well it can’t be Louisa or Ruby Tandoh, which just leaves Vix and it doesn’t seem like she has a kid either

I’m a firm believer that you should be your own best friend but this is taking it too far

ETA hang on... is she implying it’s Allegra? Her daughter is about 10. I assume it’d be difficult to have a biological child at her age but the menopause can cause broodiness, right? Last ditch IVF, adoption, and surrogacy are all options

Whether it’s true or not, Allegra fits the bill and I’d be annoyed if I was her!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Just a bit of Thursday nonsense. I was imagining the poor midwives dealing with 'Full Monroe' sans gas & epidural, and thought of the following question.

Which Frau would you like to see as her birthing partner, and why?

My proposal - @LennyBriscoe because #saltylenny

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.