Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her stupid bloody disclaimer reminds me of Mumsnet, when posters actually think their non-story will get lifted by the Mail. ‘I do not give permission for the Daily Mail to use this story bla bla bla. My DH has a hobby, I don’t want to say which. AIBU to want him to help around the house and be a parent sometimes?’ 🤦‍♀️
And the 'outing ' hobby (cycling)

• Haha
Reactions: 18
And the 'outing ' hobby (cycling)
I love the money threads on there. Someone recently asked how much money people had left over each month after all the bills and the responses were amazing, most had around £2k or more!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Well it can’t be Louisa or Ruby Tandoh, which just leaves Vix and it doesn’t seem like she has a kid either

I’m a firm believer that you should be your own best friend but this is taking it too far

ETA hang on... is she implying it’s Allegra? Her daughter is about 10. I assume it’d be difficult to have a biological child at her age but the menopause can cause broodiness, right? Last ditch IVF, adoption, and surrogacy are all options

Whether it’s true or not, Allegra fits the bill and I’d be annoyed if I was her!
I doubt Allegra needs to ask for free advice from Twitter, via Jack. Why create a focus group of numpties in a noisy room when you have the connections and money to inform yourself privately?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Well it can’t be Louisa or Ruby Tandoh, which just leaves Vix and it doesn’t seem like she has a kid either

I’m a firm believer that you should be your own best friend but this is taking it too far

ETA hang on... is she implying it’s Allegra? Her daughter is about 10. I assume it’d be difficult to have a biological child at her age but the menopause can cause broodiness, right? Last ditch IVF, adoption, and surrogacy are all options

Whether it’s true or not, Allegra fits the bill and I’d be annoyed if I was her!
Allegra has two children, she's super low key about it though. I think it was on here that someone mentioned it.

Reactions: 20

Allegra had another child not too long ago. She has two daughters.

Damn beaten to it :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Just a bit of Thursday nonsense. I was imagining the poor midwives dealing with 'Full Monroe' sans gas & epidural, and thought of the following question.

Which Frau would you like to see as her birthing partner, and why?

My proposal - @LennyBriscoe because #saltylenny
It’s like a knife in my heart! What could I have possibly done to deserve THAT?! I have a low tolerance for bullshit and I am famously known (to quote JM) for being salty so I think I would deserve the gas and air 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Just a bit of Thursday nonsense. I was imagining the poor midwives dealing with 'Full Monroe' sans gas & epidural, and thought of the following question.

Too hard to choose

@Pocahontas would be taking notes throughout, writing up the recap

@Silver Linings would be silently screenshotting her endless tweets and reposting them on Tattle, occasionally sighing

And you dear heart @Montrachet would be attempting to calculate the weight of everything on the ward, from the beds to the newborns

I imagine all would be extremely irritating during labour

I doubt Allegra needs to ask for free advice from Twitter, via Jack. Why create a focus group of numpties in a noisy room when you have the connections and money to inform yourself privately?
I think few people besides Jack would go to Twitter for life advice 😂 I do think she’s just stirring/referring to herself but she’ll do anything for drama

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I love the money threads on there. Someone recently asked how much money people had left over each month after all the bills and the responses were amazing, most had around £2k or more!
With the number of people who apparently earn a 'six figure income' on Mumsnet, not surprising.
My favourites are, my husband earns 100 times what I earn, but we treat all income as ours - he insists on it. I bet those have Jack gnashing her teeth and wailing I ike a banshee.

Imagine your fiancee being so mean with their income that you have to crying and rattling your begging bowl on Twitter soup can pay your share of the bills.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I know not everyone here likes Jay Rayner. I love him and I hate Giles Coren. He’s (JR) posted an interesting thread today about Jack’s mate Henry and ‘their’ food strategy. Well, I thought it was.
I love Jay Rayner! I only know him from TKC though, which is one of my favourite radio programmes (partly because of Dr Annie Gray and her infinite food history knowledge.) Now off to have a mosey at his thread - is it on Twitter?

@Sentient mirror (sorry @Sentient mirror ) because I feel like you would just watch in your sentient way and occasionally throw out top class witticisms.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
The pregnancy advice is probably for a Panda called Ping Ping
What's butch called now?
I have absolutely no idea.
There seem to be far more names and identities these days.
I didn't want to be accidentally insensitive. Which I have been, apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
"Almost as tall as me"

You're short. We get it.

Now shut the duck up, PLEASE.
The brother is short as well! Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition for growing boys, don't look at a certain Twitter account, you'll receive no joy

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My Contradictory Jack moment I remember that really riled me was the way she said numbers are triggering for ED sufferers (which they are), yet talked openly about the exact amount of weight she'd lost.

View attachment 291900
View attachment 291899

Screenshots from @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon here and @MarmiteExtract here
There is no way that 4st 7lb by the Manics was ever played on mainstream daytime radio so that a six year old would hear it and remember it forever. Absolutely no way.

It was never a single (no tit 🤣) and it’s not exactly a radio friendly song.

I actually don’t understand those tweets anyway. Is she trying to hint that her six year old self was so influenced by one play of that song, it caused her to develop an ED in her teens? As for the comment about not meaning to lose a significant amount of weight, well that’s just grossly irresponsible and extremely triggering and she must know that.

I’m also not sure she’s telling the truth. To have gone from a normal, healthy weight (as she was in March on BBC1 to losing 33lbs... well, she would be dangerously underweight right now, wouldn’t she?

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
There are already so many better thread title suggestions, but what the hella AF ...

Thread title Jack Monroe #97 - Out Of The Frying Pan And Into The Skip

• Haha
Reactions: 52
The pregnancy advice is probably for a Panda called Ping Ping

I have absolutely no idea.
There seem to be far more names and identities these days.
I didn't want to be accidentally insensitive. Which I have been, apparently.
Not insensitive to me! I was just curious about a change in the lingo

Reactions: 10
The brother is short as well! Nutrition, nutrition, nutrition for growing boys, don't look at a certain Twitter account, you'll receive no joy
I’m 5ft 2 and my 11 year old is taller than me. Stuck on that Jack.
I don’t even feel short, it’s only others mentioning it that’s the issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Hypersensitive to touch? What the duck are those revolting, niche fetish, cat videos about then? The look on her face as the cat's tail brushed repeatedly against her is enough to turn me celibate.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
"Almost as tall as me"

You're short. We get it.

Now shut the duck up, PLEASE.
My mum is really really short, short enough that she struggles to find age-appropriate footwear (she misses living in East Asia for that!). So many people comment on it, like they think she doesn't realise? The same way they do when you're sunburned, and there's really no response other than "...yes."

Anyway, she doesn't bring her height up very often, no doubt because she's so sick of everyone else commenting on it for the last few decades!

I feel that, unless Jack's social circle consists mostly of Dutch people, other people don't mention her height all that often. Because it's not that remarkable, is it?

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Allegra has two children, she's super low key about it though. I think it was on here that someone mentioned it.
I always thought it was odd that in their article together Allegra clearly chose to protect the identity of her daughter by not showing her face however Jack didn't. You'd think they would have had similar values on that.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.