Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack’s actually being quite nice at the moment-maybe after the dig at Paul Hollywood yesterday. Honest about where she got a plate, being polite to people, being nice to the fox. She’d better start bitching again soon, I start to think she’s not all bad sometimes when she behaves. 😬
I’ll get me coat.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You never know with Jack...I’m minded of the Pet Shop Boys and Dusty Springfield when she starts tweeting.

”it may be false, it may be true, but nothing has been proved”

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I still don't get it. If SB is Jack's only child, whether that be biological, step, or half, adopted or fostered, surely SM has no brothers or sisters?

Those siblings she mentions are her brothers and sisters, so would be SB's Aunts and Uncles.

Am I being thick here?
I presume the other children are her son’s father’s from a subsequent relationship. Am surprised she’s so earth mother about it as legally her ex bloke could reduce SB’s child support if he wanted to. Morally wrong but could happen.

Reactions: 8
Maybe let people identify how they see fit though? Gender is a construct so unsure what a 'proper man or woman' means...
Thanks @crystaleyesd ❤
I'm absolutely inclusive & consider everyone to be valid however they identify (notice I haven't said 'choose' to identify? Because it's not a choice.
Today, I've chosen to have a cheese sandwich for lunch what I've not chosen however is to be called meaningless.

Gender & sexuality are entirely different.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I’m going to be purposely vague here, but there’s some bad vibes going on. It’s not my place to get involved (yet here I go), but it’s not nice to see people being unintentionally (I hope) insensitive, and causing lovely people feeling hurt or uncomfortable, and then feeling the need to bring up sensitive issues.

It was just before I joined but I remember the last full moon, JM was surprisingly calm, and the chaos came from inside the canal. I don’t think anyone wants that again. I know I’m excited about the full moon /Halloween, and whatever happens, I think we all need it to be fun.

Anyway, if I’ve said anything out of line here, please let me know, seriously.

This whole ramble was really just to explain that me cracking daft jokes just now isn’t to be insensitive, it’s more like Chandler in Friends doing his goofy dance when things get a bit much.
Honestly, if this is my fault I will delete what needs to be deleted.
I answered a question and was actively trying to avoid something like this.
If it's not me, great.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Honestly, if this is my fault I will delete what needs to be deleted.
I answered a question and was actively trying to avoid something like this.
If it's not me, great.
omg no not you! You’ve been kind and sensitive. I’m so sorry.
This is why I wasn’t sure about saying anything, and maybe I shouldn’t have been so vague. Agh. If what I’ve posted is too tit-stirring then I’ll happily delete it, I just couldn’t not say anything.
ETA. It’s not even one particular “issue“, just a lot of sensitive things being discussed all at once.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I think referring to siblings, whether they be step-, half- or full, is a very personal thing that depends a lot on family circumstance. This has come up in my work many times (ESL teacher), and it's tricky to navigate because it can be a very emotive topic. A lot of my students are horrified by "half-brother" because if English is not your first language, it sounds really harsh and cold.

(on a sidenote, ESL resources almost never acknowledge the existence of same-sex relationships for fear of offending bigots. 😡 I am delighted by the Catalan course I study, which has a lot of casual references to "Jordi and his husband Pau" etc - a breath of fresh air in the language teaching world)

Back to Jack...that microwave kale egg recipe? She needs her microwave licence revoked!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
🙄 no you muppet he doesn’t, he may have a half brother/sister or step brother/sister but not a full biological brother/sister

has anybody actually explained the birds and the bees to her? 🤪
I have a half brother but have never called him anything other than my brother and he called me his sister.
So I'm kind of with her on this one.
Now, I shall thus, duck OFF.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I presume the other children are her son’s father’s from a subsequent relationship. Am surprised she’s so earth mother about it as legally her ex bloke could reduce SB’s child support if he wanted to. Morally wrong but could happen.
Of course, never thought of that......I was being thick. It isn't the first time I have missed the obvious. 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.