Jack Monroe #96 Not that nice

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don't worry, its Halloween and full moon in two days, this is a merely the calm before the next storm. Also she probably "found" and took her meds today.
Halloween and Full Moon it's like "Chaos Eve!"
We all need to get some munchies and beverages of choice in.
We could probably do audience participation like they do at Rocky Horror!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I don't think there was anything off about Mackie's father's interviews about fostering.

He was being interviewed in the context of foster care allowances, and he was quoted in a way that seems natural for many quieter people. He didn't gush about the love and the children, but I had a strong sense his actions speak louder than words.

I'll be spinning past posts about him!
He clearly has a self-promotional streak - how many of us have parents that you could google and find multiple articles about all the great things they do?!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Between this, the carbonora and of course the spunky lasagne, she needs to be arrested for crimes against pasta.
She's also doing absolutely nothing revolutionary. People on budgets have been experimenting with (sometimes bad - in her case always bad) putting things in the fridge/cupboard into pasta forever.

Reactions: 13
I don't think there was anything off about Mackie's father's interviews about fostering.

He was being interviewed in the context of foster care allowances, and he was quoted in a way that seems natural for many quieter people. He didn't gush about the love and the children, but I had a strong sense his actions speak louder than words.

I'll be spinning past posts about him!
I've got to disagree with you on this one. There was one article that had him going on and on about how expensive it was and how he had to replace a door or something, and when I read it I couldn't help but imagine how tit you would feel once you'd grown up, if you read those comments. Fostering allowances aren't as high as they should be, but fostering is a vocation rather than a money spinner. If you aren't in it for the love of the kids, you aren't in it for the right reasons. And the love didn't come across in those interviews.

Foster kids can be 'hard work'. But when you balance that against the trauma that many have endured it's hardly surprising. Equally I've known people struggle massively with their biological kids who don't feel the need to complain about how hard it is or whatever.

I might have read his comments wrong though, in which case I guess I have to apologise. It's always interesting to hear what a different perspective throws up.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Must be an oldie thing then, my step sister and I never lived together, we do not share a parent, she would spontaneously combust 🤯 if I referred to her as my sister.
An ‘oldie’ thing? Not necessarily an oldie thing, I’m not in my nineties - just different situations. I lived with my siblings since I was a baby, so therefore they are my siblings. I can see how your situation is different to mine as you didn’t live with your step-sister.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I’m going to be purposely vague here, but there’s some bad vibes going on. It’s not my place to get involved (yet here I go), but it’s not nice to see people being unintentionally (I hope) insensitive, and causing lovely people feeling hurt or uncomfortable, and then feeling the need to bring up sensitive issues.

It was just before I joined but I remember the last full moon, JM was surprisingly calm, and the chaos came from inside the canal. I don’t think anyone wants that again. I know I’m excited about the full moon /Halloween, and whatever happens, I think we all need it to be fun.

Anyway, if I’ve said anything out of line here, please let me know, seriously.

This whole ramble was really just to explain that me cracking daft jokes just now isn’t to be insensitive, it’s more like Chandler in Friends doing his goofy dance when things get a bit much.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
An ‘oldie’ thing? Not necessarily an oldie thing, I’m not in my nineties - just different situations. I lived with my siblings since I was a baby, so therefore they are my siblings. I can see how your situation is different to mine as you didn’t live with your step-sister.
I’m the oldie, 😁I just figured things had changed and I missed it

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Must be an oldie thing then, my step sister and I never lived together, we do not share a parent, she would spontaneously combust 🤯 if I referred to her as my sister.
Same babe! I've met my step sisters (no shared parent) two or three times in 30 years since my dad met their mum. Never lived with them, not even in contact with them as their mum and my dad are both dead. I would see it as slightly odd to class then the same as my sisters (both parents in common).
If I'd lived with them / spent any time together I think I'd feel differently but of course have no frame of reference.

Reactions: 7
I've got to disagree with you on this one. There was one article that had him going on and on about how expensive it was and how he had to replace a door or something, and when I read it I couldn't help but imagine how tit you would feel once you'd grown up, if you read those comments. Fostering allowances aren't as high as they should be, but fostering is a vocation rather than a money spinner. If you aren't in it for the love of the kids, you aren't in it for the right reasons. And the love didn't come across in those interviews.

Foster kids can be 'hard work'. But when you balance that against the trauma that many have endured it's hardly surprising. Equally I've known people struggle massively with their biological kids who don't feel the need to complain about how hard it is or whatever.

I might have read his comments wrong though, in which case I guess I have to apologise. It's always interesting to hear what a different perspective throws up.
He's no Tom and Pippa in Summer Bay, that's for sure. :(

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I’ve two step bothers....one I grew up with...and is referred to as my bother. One who I have rarely met and who is like to know better, I refer to him as a step bother.
we share a Dad.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.