Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So her mate on Twitter is backing jack over the le Creuset in a charity shop story. Maybe it’s true. But what are the odds-a known liar (we have receipts) just happened to come across massively & stupidly cheap top of the range cookware in a charity shop? Hmm.
If she’s actually asked this friend to go along with the lie to shut us up, can I just say-in the style of Jack-How Completely And Utterly Embarrassing Is That? 😬It reminds me of bullshit me and my friends made up at school-we went for a night out on a school French trip & claimed we went for a walk and got lost. When you’re 14 you have this idiotic idea that others can’t 100% prove you’re lying as long as you stick to the story but if her friend has gone along with this & it is bullshit then it is one of the most cringe things she’s done. And if she isn’t lying for once, imagine needing to go to that amount of effort to prove it. It’s all her own doing.
Lying so much must be exhausting. Nobody believes you any more jack and that’s 100% down to your dishonesty.
Isn't this the same mate who backed her up over the kitten getting a clean bill of health though?

ETA: beaten to it by @Begborrowsteal

Seriously I think that woman is some kind of enabler though.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
FAFS. I was going to make a Diana Henry chicken, cauliflower and nduja traybake tonight and now I feel like throwing the book in the bin.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ass. Christ she’s a lot today.
CBA6EFA6-E372-480B-B0E9-7DCA8C0E7730.jpeg
5636C6F4-1500-4989-9D17-E1321F24511C.jpeg

More of her garden for people to triangulate, not a ‘blurry roof line’ at all, is it, you silly billy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
She's wild. The letter says it's the first time she's written since he was born two weeks ago (which is fine!), but the tweet says she wrote every day in the first weeks of his life.

Once again, I beg, mAkE iT MaKe SeNsE.
My spidey senses are tingling in relation to this orange book and letters to her son. But I know I won't have to wait long until she pulls off her own mask and shouts, "you pesky Tattlers"

• Haha
Reactions: 28
"Soft soft" makes me want to kill.

I also don't get her obsession with stock and stock cubes. She uses them in every recipe, even when they're not needed (curry). I use stock for some things (not stock cubes because I think they taste gross), but there are plenty of dishes where it's unwelcome or unnecessary. I think she thinks it's a cheffy twist?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She really thinks she's good?

Between this and the awful cringiness of seeing the 'band book' then proof that she is actually a fairly horrible singer immediately afterwards...I'm really quite lost for words.

I had largely thought until now that she probably didn't think she was that good at what she does, but was making money from all the bullshittery so didn't care. But that suggests she really thinks she is special. I'm speechless.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Not to be 'That Man Person' but should we try and get back to thread suggestions in the latter stages of a thread again? Not moderating others, but we have had thread suggestions at #6. #8. #9 & #18 on page 1 of recent threads. No major problem, but I do think it may put other contributors off making further suggestions as a new thread approaches, as a very early suggestion has invariably already accrued 50+ reactions. I just think it would increase the range, quality and topicality if it went back to say, Page 40 onwards if possible, and people posted the thoughts they had held on to from earlier.

Yes but 48 - 51 goes really quick and if it is all thread titles it will go quicker. also if new Thread is created late night a lot of us will miss out creating/voting.

I agree that these are fast-moving threads. Not sure if this has been discussed further, but maybe circa Page 40 is a good compromise? Thoughts, Frauen?

With this in mind, I will throw my first entry into the ring. I hope that highlighting her typing error doesn't upset our scathing essayist ..... too much. 🙃

Jack Monroe #96 - A tattooed sweaty upstart? No, never, not our Dear Heart!!

1603811887078.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.