Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bet if some Frau looks hard enough through her photos we will see that “lost” book on one of her 8 billion Cotswolds. You just know she has that on hand to show her girlfriends/anyone who will listen to prove her devotion to her son and what an all round talent she is 😏🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Bet if some Frau looks hard enough through her photos we will see that “lost” book on one of her 8 billion Cotswolds. You just know she has that on hand to show her girlfriends/anyone who will listen to prove her devotion to her son and what an all round talent she is 😏🤢
Probably took it to the Groucho

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I for one can't wait for Jack Monroe, angsty teen poet.

A girl called Jack
My soul is black
Stick it to the man
My dad's poor, he drives a van

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Wow, she really is desperate for people to see her as some kind of undiscovered ultra gifted singer/songwriter isn't she?

I also used to write crap song lyrics/poems when I was a teenager. Anyone else? Nothing special Jack.
I used to draw a cock and balls on the board before the teacher arrived.. Tom of Finland I am not.

ETA.. I was taught by Nuns.. This never ended well for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
You say potato
I say potarto
Actually no I don’t cos
I’m from the ghetto

• Haha
Reactions: 55
All these twitter conversations are inane as she is. It’s like exchanging pleasantries at the supermarket or school gate. She says something pointless and everybody either tells her she’s great or offers a pointless similar anecdote.

‘My child slices cucumber’
‘oh I cut my finger once’
‘Me too’
‘You must be so proud’

Why isn’t she bored of this?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
And, unlike Jack and her followers, they are familiar with Google and will use that/ebay listings to come up with a price. The days of well-intentioned but clueless nanas pricing luxury goods at £1 are largely over

Also I have never made a lasagne 😬 so I don’t understand the tweet about freezing raw lasagne sheets? She sounds like she means freezing them on their own (not in a cooked/part cooked lasagne) but dried pasta lasts for yonks so why is it necessary to freeze it at all... ?
In the case of the 'clueless Nana' I knew that worked in a charity shop in an affluent area full of other affluent Nanas and Grandpas, what she did was say 'Oh, I'll take that tatty old thing out of the way with the others I've put in that box out back. Fiver OK?' and then make about £400 every fortnight at the car boot. Final nail in that coffin was when she mentioned a neighbour had died and the house was being cleared - then in the next breath, that she'd volunteered to do an extra day 'to help out when the stuff comes in' so she could get first pickings.

Shouldn't ever mistake somebody who was a teenager in the 1960s for an innocent idiot.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.