Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s eerily similar to the conversation with the doctor re sudden onset tomato allergy (see old threads, Guardian columns, I can’t be drugged researching, jack-style) where she exclaimed “but I’m a food writer” — please cross ref with all the tomatoes, tinned and fresh (chopped into 8 apiece) subsequently consumed by the very allergic Jack...

... no one talks to doctors like that, doctors don’t talk to patients like that. Unless she was being treated by James Robertson Justice in. Doctor at Large type establishment?

it’s ALL BOLLOCKS
Here it is. She was just asked to cut out certain foods for a while to help the identify the allergy so she might be telling the truth,which is out of character but maybe she fancied a change.

Anyway here is sausages with bonus wailing at a doctor.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Grunka'ing again, always playing catch-up too much to comment in real-time BUT I found this nugget from 2014 on the NY times site. So, as soon as she told them about her 'poverty' her parents raced around to help her. There you have it in black and white.

View attachment 289540
"Officially came out as poor"
Is that a thing? Does anyone come out as poor? Or rich? If that's the case why has she never come out as minted during the times she's lived with loaded partners?

• Haha
Reactions: 54
pay pigs eat/tell others to eat that 8p breakfast to afford Jack the privilege of eating a Groucho £15 special
A whole 'nutribullet' section! It suddenly becomes clear where Jack's obsession with that particular blender comes from.

Shameless.

Also creepy AF. Why does she do these things? Why?
It's *so* creepy! Also nice to see her 90 hour week includes still being in bed in your dressing gown at 11am on a Tuesday.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
"Officially came out as poor"
Is that a thing? Does anyone come out as poor? Or rich? If that's the case why has she never come out as minted during the times she's lived with loaded partners?
And why would you come out as poor if you’ve always been poor? ETA and surrounded by poorsTM, fagan’s lads and their puddles?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
I can't see the cost of the milk jug, fancy bowl, cutlery or anything on her recipe?!
Also the irony of showing an 8p recipe with the fancyness of a heart shaped bowl and a cute little milk jug (non-triangulated)

I don't quite know what to say about the fact that she's earning commission on the ingredients in her recipes though?
I've actually made this granola recipe and it was quite good.

I know no one asked...

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Almost certainly not. The idea of young, single women having children in order to receive freebies they can live off forever more is a gross myth. Please, let's avoid perpetuating it and stick to all the thousands of real things we can complain about Jack for.
Well said. I had my first child when I was 17 and council flats and benefits were FAR from my thoughts. There is a huge element of naivety in young mums, in my experience, rather than grasping for a life on the hand outs

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Her twitter followers have gone up by a couple of thousand or so too. Aaaaaaand the cycle begins again - does a chaos that nets her a bunch of new follows, then does subsequent chaoses that lose her those numbers again :LOL:
But are they following to observe the car crash or because they are interested? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
View attachment 289495

No you’re talking absolute shite
In my particularly ‘frugal’ times, I used to pay my bills in the order I couldn’t go without. I’d pay my rent, then food, then electricity/gas, and then water. We had our water ‘disconnected’ twice. Though the reality of water disconnection for a lived in house is that they actually just slow down your supply. The taps still run, but it really dibbled out with absolutely no pressure.

Not particularly enjoyable, but more tolerable than disconnected electricity. Those months were tough, but that’s what they were, tough MONTHS of my life. I don’t bang on about them or bring them up for sympathy on social media, because my life amounts to more than those few months where money was incredibly tight 3 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Have you noticed how, in smoothing out wrinkles at the corners of her eyes, she always ends up with a dark patch there?

20201027_124057.jpg

Ironically, it looks more like a bruise than shimmergate ever did.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Frauen, I have a confession. I put slices of banana on my curry and I love it (as a topping not cooked into the curry). I think it’s a throwback from the 80s but we always did it growing up. I also love a Durban curry which has apricots in it.

Completely understand if I have to leave this thread and you follow me out chanting ‘shame’

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.