Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've wondered about that for a while. I'm sure I read or saw a screenshot maybe from mumsnet (now there is a Hellscape) many threads ago stating something along the lines of "Jack wanted a baby so she made sure she got one".
In Jack's own words from the happy mums podcast her family advised her not to proceed with the pregnancy but Jack stubbornly did so to spite them and show them she could do it (they didn't think she could look after a baby at her young age).

She deliberately did not tell the father of the child that she was pregnant, he had to go to her and ask if baby was his after hearing about her pregnancy from other people.

Then we have various tweets and comments from Jack about not being maternal and resenting the child for holding back her career. Allowing the media to publish his photos, using a small child for her cold hearted rhetoric.

Tweets and insta photos revealing personal and embarrassing information about her child despite the risk of bullying. Her poor child allegedly having to watch over her as she sleeps off an alcohol induced nap post fake fall/fake black eye. The child having to make sure is not dead during the so called nap. Force feeding the child food he detests and force feeding him bollock cheap carcinogenic stressed meat instead of giving him high quality nutritious food.

Moving in with Allegra pretty much the next day after becoming a couple which meant enormous upheaval for a small child. So much for safeguarding him. Also the kitten incident would have had a negative effect.

Twisting the things her son likes or has recieved from his father (remember the David Walliams books).

Being a former alcoholic, if true, how much of that did her son see?

No parent is ever perfect but most parents want to do their best and give their children the best quality food they can afford. They don't shame the children on public platforms or increase their exposure for bullying. There is something very wrong about Jack's boastful tweets regarding feeding a child such dangerous food.

I agree with you that she is manipulative enough to conceive a child on purpose even if it means compromising her sexuality. What I wonder is why she wanted a baby when there is so much evidence to suggest she does not like being a parent.
Sorry I haven't read the last 4 paged but I wanted to add - sharing that photo on her social media channels of him on the sofa aged 10 in his underwear. I thought that was extremely irresponsible.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 33
Maybe my opinion isn’t as informed as it should be, I confess I have little interest in politics, and I see what you’re saying, if no one with the platform to do so speaks out then disadvantaged people won’t get the help they need, but I just feel sometimes the politics overshadows the really useful, short term, immediate fixes, e.g. a recipe/ tip to stretch the shopping that little bit further to help someone get through a week at a time kind of thing 😊 but then again I’ve never been in that position so maybe I’m not qualified to comment, I just know if i was living on the breadline I wouldn’t have the mental space to take on someone’s political ideas
You can't separate the politics from the situations people find themselves in that are caused by the policies of the government.

Reactions: 21
It’s always fascinating watching a practiced liar have to tell deeper lies to cover earlier lies which just seem like complete bleeping bollocks. - moving boxes, tit forgot the bad back! -they’re small boxes, tit forgot I’ve been helped up off the floor twice today...etc etc

• Haha
Reactions: 65
Wrt to the mystery of how JM became pregnant. As the 99th most important bisexual (2013), I’m saying nothing (much!), but I’ve never forgotten this quote from a Guardian interview
View attachment 288808
Nice! Vegan looking at seafood. She is always excused, there is always an exception despite getting off so much on identity politics.

And maybe her mum also lifted a mango table. She is copying her!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Whenever I see squiggles praising the Chickpea and Peach curry all I can think is,
'Where have these people been? What have they been eating? Do they have Covid?'
If you've been surviving on military rations, ok. I get that.
Covid will banjax your sense of taste, ok. I get that.
But No. duck NO!
'Do they have covid?' 😂😂
We had a test all along! And only costs pennies per person

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She should probably seek help for her entire personality hoarding. It's 2020, who has that much essential paperwork to fill that many folders etc? Apart from a few contracts and things, all my stuff is digital. Is this not the norm?

• Heart
Reactions: 35
She should probably seek help for her entire personality hoarding. It's 2020, who has that much essential paperwork to fill that many folders etc? Apart from a few contracts and things, all my stuff is digital. Is this not the norm?
She prints everything out to stick in her lever arch files.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She’s off shopping. But she’s not posting her haul. Because she’s going to spend more than £20.
So she's off to do a "budget shop"
But she's not going to post it. Erm, isn't the whole point of what's happening to help other people. But what she's not going to do is help other people?
So what exactly is she doing? Just shouting at other people?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.