Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her stance is as clear a Boris’s “Go to work but don’t go to work” speech.

“Use my recipes. But don’t use my recipes. You shouldn’t have to use my recipes but do use them if you want to”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
peach curry again is it. but but but what about the leccy? what about the knife and fork? god it's just never ending nonsense innit?

Now that I’ve kicked up a fuss and shamed my competitors for having the audacity to offer budget recipes in these times of collective struggle, with all this attention I’ll get back to the business of posting MY budget recipes in these times of collective struggle.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
It's just occurred to me but if as it appears she'll be leaving the crappy bungalow in February, can you imagined that I am not sure if you use the form of a bit of a 66 the whining and hysteria we'll be subjected to over the next few months? The floor clawing, fizzing and wailing will reach new heights. Also something is bound to go wrong - the van carrying her priceless Cotswolds will crash sending sideboards hurling through the air and into the sea where they'll be swallowed whole by a whale, causing Greta Thunberg to totally lose her tit with Jack. The viewings of the new crappy house will involve some absurd drama like a landlord saying they don't rent to tattooed slaaags. She will gasp and wail on the floor of a startled letting agent who will eventually chase her out with a broom. A new back injury is a cert but maybe a new illness shall also be diagnosed. The magic puddle will stop producing sideboards and start shooting out fat garlic cloves from it's murky depths. The garden mice will sell their story to the tabloids after the drains of the crappy bungalow finally block with slop, prompting a Dennis Neilsen style excavation involving three separate police forces. One of the Jackolytes will sell a kidney to help with the SAVE KWEEN JACK crowdfunder but will regret this after Jack instructs them to duck OFF for failing to show proper appreciation for her body of work.

I am both apprehensive and intrigued.
The thing the stuff about her and her family is on her and her cross to bear and I don't feel right commenting but she should really be able to hold her own financially with having the amount of books and other things she has/ had going on. Either she's fucked it all up the wall, she hasn't been getting the correct amount or she is paying out too much in her bills.

Regardless of anything else or she is this bad, she needs to get on a jobsite, sell some stuff and get herself debt free to start again.

Her kid doesn't care about where he lives, I mean I am sure he likes the house but he needs stability more and a happy mum to come home too.

Reactions: 20
Now that I’ve kicked up a fuss and shamed my competitors for having the audacity to offer budget recipes in these times of collective struggle, with all this attention I’ll get back to the business of posting MY budget recipes in these times of collective struggle.
Yes this is what I’m not understanding. This is what she had a go at people for but now she’s doing it? I don’t think she even understands what her point of view is right now. She’s just pissed off that she’s not at the centre of it all.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I am having to jump forward a few pages and comment or else I will combust. Sorry if this has already been said.

She is saying don't use my recipes and "life's work" as a weapon to bash the poor. However, she is the weapon being used against the poor and has even provided the ammunition.

Once you puts out factual information, you can not dictate how it is used. She had volunteered the factual information that she has been able to feed herself and her child for £20 a week. She can not now insist that that factual information be only shared if it is accompanied by her factual backstory. (None of it is factual, but she would never own up to that)

Either she admits that you cannot live on £20 a week, and admit she was lying or keeps with her assertion and allows the information to be used against the poor. Once she publishes things on the internet, it is in the public domain, she can no longer control how, where, and by whom it is used. She no longer controls the narrative. And we all know how much she needs to be in control.

She is the one that has shown everyone her money saving recipes, even costing them out as proof positive that it is possible to live on £20 a week. She has even gone on TV promoting the penny pinching recipes. The whole basis of her website, books, and TV appearances has been based on a lie and needs to be called out.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 81
She really thinks of herself as some kind of superhero, it’s insufferable. Imagine just hanging out with her, for like an afternoon, it would either be so torturous so as to induce self-harm, or so full of unintended comic value that you’d almost be goading her on, hoping to catch the next batshit crazy, megalomanic soundbite and hoping desperately not to forget so that you can have a good laugh about it later with your mates..

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Saw someone tweet her saying they'd just got back from their shop and spent £21 and it was really difficult, asking "Jack, how the hell have you done this forever?" Oh, honey. She hasn't! She did it for what, three weeks? (Heavily supplemented) How the hell do people not see this?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 66
That article is a load of words. It says nothing new and helps no one.
The guardian should be ashamed.
Anyway, she can catch up with her council tax from that article so that’s a relief for her.
I am a guardian subscriber *ducks* so I've emailed and asked why they used her, are they aware of the doubts surrounding truthfulness. Also perhaps use someone with recent experience of the system.

Probably won't help but you've gotta try.

• Heart
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.