Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s really messed up and she knows it.
if she has council tax arrears then look forward to much wailing and gnashing of teeth about legal stuff.
Someone will bail her out....it’s what’s happened all her life.

Reactions: 28
I've just done a bit of googling and they got engaged in January 2019, shortly before Jack (and presumably Louisa) took up tenancy of the large 3 bedroom 2 storey bungalow in Thorpe Bay.
Ah thank you for confirming, I was trying to find out via instagram which makes for an interesting browse and ideal for playing Jack bingo.

I found a pescatarian bodybuilder lounging in Emma Freuds kitchen. Also Jack's famously pointy ouchy collection. Someone kissing Jack, a Mrs J in May 2018 so between Allegra and Louisa.
There is also a rabbit which is not the same one she has now and it looks like it has been fed lettuce which is a big no no for rabbit digestion (diarrhoea, gas, bloating, gut stasis, anorexia, dehydration and death). Also note the description of said lagomorph.

Attachments

Reactions: 21
She’s so bleeping weird and generalist about other nationalities, it is SUCH a Tory trait. Someone needs to tell her that not all Greeks are homogeneous because they’re, y’know, distinct people with vastly differing life experience?

For someone who shrieks about being pigeonholed for her tattoos and sexual orientation she just can’t resist projecting stereotypes onto others.
It makes me uncomfortable because I don’t understand where it ends

Also further evidence in favour of the argument that she is thick: both sides of her family are from countries with two distinct communities who do not get on. A person of average intelligence would be able to acknowledge the differences and understand why homogenising the groups is a particularly bad idea. Forget Auschwitz - she can’t even deal with her own heritage in a sensitive manner

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Re: Council tax. Do they actually let you go that long without paying it? In darker days I couldn't afford to pay on time one month, and they came down on me like a ton of bricks within a week.

(in a better situation now, for the record!)
Miss a payment, you pay two months to get back on schedule. Miss a second at any point in the financial year, the entire amount falls due immediately and you're taken to court if it isn't paid straight away. With bailiffs trotting along within 24 hours of the hearing.

Or, you set it up as a direct debit at the beginning of the financial year, make sure there's enough money or at least overdraft in the bank to cover it and it's a) cheaper as it's spread out over 12 months instead of 10 and b) impossible to forget to pay or blob unless you actively seek to cancel the DD. Or - when you come into a huge sum of money, such as maybe a five figure sum, you pay rent and council tax for the rest of the year/rental term and don't worry about it again for six months, at which point you should be saving up for the following year.

• Wow
Reactions: 21

That should sort her for another month rent
Oh I can't face yet another reading of Po-ta-toes: Rehashed.

ETA: could the Guardian actually ask somebody who is not white and middle class to write something about this for a change? Maybe invite a prominent black sportsperson, campaigner and MBE to write for them?

EATA: Bet the content is lifted straight from a Mumsnet thread.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 60
She has an excuse for everything. She could get another ‘single’ parent and turn one of her downstairs rooms into another bedroom.
You know it can't be done. That's why nobody has flatmates, au pairs and live in nannies.

And on her recent post:

Does anyone know why doing "multiple runs" is so bad??? I go food shopping several times a week, on a tight budget. Does she live in a remote Alps village???

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I don't think this is fair. People shag people for all sorts of reasons. We couldn't possibly know why she ended up between the sheets with this guy, or what her motivations were. I personally think young and horny are the most likely reasons. It's not uncommon for straight people to have same sex trysts in their youth, I'd imagine it's not unheard of to be the other way round too.
I’m IncyGrunka’ing but I have to respectfully disagree with you Harry my old chap.

She was an out lesbian and declared it her sexuality at that point. I knew when I was younger I wasn’t attracted to men, I didn’t realise it was because I’m gay, I was just too young to realise. No amount of drink or wanting sex would persuade me to sleep with a man as I simply don’t find them attractive. She’s either a lesbian or what is most likely she’s bisexual and uses her sexuality as a tool to claim harassment.

I’ve no doubt she planned that child, she’s that manipulative I wouldn’t put it past her at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She has an excuse for everything. She could get another ‘single’ parent and turn one of her downstairs rooms into another bedroom.
This is what she said when someone asked her if she'd thought about getting a lodger. Screenshot from @Debarkle with 19% battery power 😲:

0445646B-3B63-4C2D-AD23-C2218B941340.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25

Attachments

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

That should sort her for another month rent
I refuse to read it but skimming through over half of the article is talking about herself and what's she's done. Bore off babe.

Disappointing but not surprised at the Guardian continuing to use beg a Smeg as their poster child 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
The Guardian has a small favour to ask of me. I've read 1059 articles in the past year and they want me to contribute money. Well no while they give money to JM for articles about food poverty because they cant be bothered to do the research and employ someone who is in food poverty right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
I refuse to read it but skimming through over half of the article is talking about herself and what's she's done. Bore off babe.

Disappointing but not surprised at the Guardian continuing to use beg a Smeg as their poster child 🙄
but they are still using that ancient picture of her!😆

• Haha
Reactions: 38
And yet despite such a commendable body of work she never talks about a situation other than her own.
The maddest thing is her inability to see that she is very much one of these rich people, taking pictures of her boiled eggs to make sanctimonious points, that she seems so desperate to disparage..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.