Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s the weird followers that are really, really hard to understand. Reading the comments that follow her tweets is like a ‘who can write the most gag-inducing shite’ competition. Someone commented on the height of her kid the other day, how fucking odd does someone have to be to concern themselves with someone else’s kid in this way? To say, are these simple-minded, overtly sycophant and easily-led sheep a fair representation of the british psyche? What a hopeless mess, if it is..

Reactions: 42
The 'Sickpea and Leech Curry' is a guest recipe on Nigella's page and this disclaimer has tickled me.
All I have in my head is the song, "There Are More Questions Than Answers.."
I don’t think anybody can answer questions about that recipe. Least of all why

Reactions: 21
So which is it? Either she decided with the child’s father to have the baby, or, he didn’t know she was pregnant? it can't be both also the bit about not broadcasting details of her private life yeah right, that is all she does on a daily basis.

she really needs a spreadsheet or wallchart to document these details so she can stick to her 'story'

Reactions: 40
Isn’t it weird that she grew up so unimaginably poor (in her 5 bed house) yet doesn’t have any stories about FSM? She’s wailing and pawing at the floor over everything so surely her earliest dalliance with being skint would be up there on the guardian commissioned list?

Reactions: 49

So why the need for a child, particularly when she seems to constantly ignore him now in favour of Twatter, feed him utter shite, and tear his favourite author to pieces?
There was a time when if you were a single mum you got benefits and housing for free. Could THAT have been her motivation?

Reactions: 5
She prints everything out to stick in her lever arch files.
Printing stuff out and ‘filing’ it is an excellent way to fell like you’re doing ‘adulting’ well and being all organised. I suspect that JM has done a lot of that in the past and then pats herself in the back and says ‘I’m doing SOOOOO well’

Reactions: 31
I am very behind but this was deffo written for us, right?

New guardian article making me want to boooak.

View attachment 289272
Thanks for the screenshot as I refuse to give them the views for this piece of shit article.

Was there any fact checking done on this or do they publish any old tripe?

It's not about you anymore, Jack.

Now fuck off.

Reactions: 26
There was a time when if you were a single mum you got benefits and housing for free. Could THAT have been her motivation?
Almost certainly not. The idea of young, single women having children in order to receive freebies they can live off forever more is a gross myth. Please, let's avoid perpetuating it and stick to all the thousands of real things we can complain about Jack for.

Reactions: 84
Same as she never mentions UC - it's not in her frame of reference at all. Surprised (not really, sadly) no one has ever mentioned how out of date her so called knowledge about the benefits situation is, when they're using her as the 'expert' voice on everything pov.

Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.