Jack Monroe #95 The only poverty she works to eradicate is her own

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ll never understand this level of self obsession. How the bleeping duck are FSM so triggering to her? Everything triggers her, but none of the overtly traumatic bullshit she spouts upsets anyone else, right? Jeez. My Nan had a bloody horrific childhood, which began just after WWI, and ended only at the start of WWII. She never went on about it, never moaned, never begged for sympathy. She just made sure to embrace her subsequent good fortune, worked extremely hard, and made damn sure everyone else enjoyed it too. This is why it’s so unbelievable that Jack was as poor as she makes out, because she says she find it triggering (see howling, clawing etc) and yet seems to want to go back to it. If it was that bad, and you had 3 therapists on speed dial, you’d be wanting to move forward. Not wallowing in misery as a ‘career’. I don’t know anyone who has had actual therapy that is this lacking in understanding. I don’t believe she has therapy, and I don’t believe she is in AA. I think she says therapy, because it fits in with how traumatised she is from her stint on benefits. I think if she went, same with AA, they would strongly encouraging her towards truth, responsibility, and curbing damaging behaviours on social media.
It’s the weird followers that are really, really hard to understand. Reading the comments that follow her tweets is like a ‘who can write the most gag-inducing shite’ competition. Someone commented on the height of her kid the other day, how bleeping odd does someone have to be to concern themselves with someone else’s kid in this way? To say, are these simple-minded, overtly sycophant and easily-led sheep a fair representation of the british psyche? What a hopeless mess, if it is..

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
The 'Sickpea and Leech Curry' is a guest recipe on Nigella's page and this disclaimer has tickled me.
All I have in my head is the song, "There Are More Questions Than Answers.."
I don’t think anybody can answer questions about that recipe. Least of all why

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Found some vintage Jack when the Mums on Mumsnet accidentally summoned her up like a passive aggressive spirit.

She describes some pretty upsetting things but I personally no longer believe anything she says but for anyone who does or
might otherwise be distressed.

CW: Reference to suicide and loss of a child.
So which is it? Either she decided with the child’s father to have the baby, or, he didn’t know she was pregnant? 🤔 it can't be both 🤥🤥🤥🤥 also the bit about not broadcasting details of her private life 😂🤣 yeah right, that is all she does on a daily basis.

she really needs a spreadsheet or wallchart to document these details so she can stick to her 'story' 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Isn’t it weird that she grew up so unimaginably poor (in her 5 bed house) yet doesn’t have any stories about FSM? She’s wailing and pawing at the floor over everything so surely her earliest dalliance with being skint would be up there on the guardian commissioned list?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

So why the need for a child, particularly when she seems to constantly ignore him now in favour of Twatter, feed him utter shite, and tear his favourite author to pieces?
There was a time when if you were a single mum you got benefits and housing for free. Could THAT have been her motivation? 🤔

Reactions: 5
She prints everything out to stick in her lever arch files.
Printing stuff out and ‘filing’ it is an excellent way to fell like you’re doing ‘adulting’ well and being all organised. I suspect that JM has done a lot of that in the past and then pats herself in the back and says ‘I’m doing SOOOOO well’

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I am very behind but this was deffo written for us, right?

New guardian article making me want to boooak.

View attachment 289272
Thanks for the screenshot as I refuse to give them the views for this piece of tit article.

Was there any fact checking done on this or do they publish any old tripe?

It's not about you anymore, Jack.

Now duck off.

Reactions: 26
There was a time when if you were a single mum you got benefits and housing for free. Could THAT have been her motivation? 🤔
Almost certainly not. The idea of young, single women having children in order to receive freebies they can live off forever more is a gross myth. Please, let's avoid perpetuating it and stick to all the thousands of real things we can complain about Jack for.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Isn’t it weird that she grew up so unimaginably poor (in her 5 bed house) yet doesn’t have any stories about FSM? She’s wailing and pawing at the floor over everything so surely her earliest dalliance with being skint would be up there on the guardian commissioned list?
Same as she never mentions UC - it's not in her frame of reference at all. Surprised (not really, sadly) no one has ever mentioned how out of date her so called knowledge about the benefits situation is, when they're using her as the 'expert' voice on everything pov.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.