Jack Monroe #94 It’s okay Jack, others have taken up the baton

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maybe Louisa is the better cook, or is bringIng takeaway or delivery, hence the proper bread 🥖 the other week?
Previous interviews / tweets said JM did all the cooking. But. Given why we are all here, this might not be true, or could still mean she forced slop onto a good cook!!
I thought she'd be quiet today after the outrage last night but thankfully there is always something going on. Southend seems to have more drama than Walford

• Haha
Reactions: 20
You know what I find interesting about this thread? Back in the day (pre-DKL) it was easy enough to keep track of most of the regular posters on the thread.... now there's so many people posting here that I can't keep up!

*waves to all the posters in this thread, and the registered + non-registered lurkers*

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 86
Classic Jack. Feeling under attack so she wheels out a completely OTT lie to distract her followers.

Can you imagine how callous you would have to be to post all that self pitying shite for your own ill mum to read?

My view is that she needs a highly skilled therapist as all this "PTSD from poverty" bullshit is an indirect attack on her parents.
Yeah, she by her own account CHOSE not to tell her family or son’s dad because she was supposedly so ashamed.

IMO whatever she felt is irrelevant if her son was suffering and going hungry and her ability to parent was being compromised. Nothing against parents genuinely struggling with poverty or mental illness but in this case she could have put his needs first and simply didn’t.

Although, of course, she’s lying!

• Sad
Reactions: 34
See, this is the thing. I believe she has massively overextended herself with her outgoings and manic spending.
There are so many things she could be doing to ameliorate this (top of the list being more affordable accommodation) but she isn't doing them. And it's because she doesn't want to. The world owes Jack a living, so everyone has to pay up and keep her in the style to which she has become accustomed...
She needs a JOB!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Of course she's "injured" herself today. bleeping hell, she's more transparent than a pane of glass. What's the over/under on the Jackolytes starting a crowdfunder for a private chiropractor?

Mention of a ‘cast iron and mango wood’ table over on Twitter. Has this appeared before in the furniture audits?
She FOUND it in a puddle on the way back from posting her beige postcards! She can't afford butter! Leave her alone you vicious VULTURE!

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I couldn't decide if this tweet was a subtweet aimed Jack, or aimed at the heartless right wing Tory bastards... *theatrical shrug*

Screenshot 2020-10-25 at 11.42.02.png

On another note, Jack's up to 362 patrons on Patreon now. I think someone said earlier the number of patrons was hidden, but I can see it still.

Would love to know if any of the patrons has received the "thrifty shades of beige" recipe cards yet. Going to assume not, as Jack would RT/reshare to drive more patrons signing up.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
I notice her mate Matt Haig doing this too. Someone will send him a lovely tweet invariably along the lines of “thank you for writing your book. Currently I’m seriously ill / have lost my job / suffering from mental illness / generally having a bad time, so I found it really helpful/enjoyed the escapism”

He’ll respond with “thanks” and completely ignore the part where they poured their heart out to him. Always rubs me the wrong way because it takes seconds to add “sorry to hear that, hope things get better soon”

At least he’s not after their benefits, I guess
I can't stand him either, for that reason.

Re: Patreon, i bet the numbers will go down again in a few weeks like last time.

Reactions: 28
On the plus side she's lodged a decent tune in my head (subsequent Morrissey nastiness aside):

I decree today that life is simply taking and not giving
England is mine, and it owes me a living
But ask me why, and I'll spit in your eye
kick your shins
I’ve got
its all about me,
it’s all about me baby
going round and round

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Hello to all.

Jack needs to get in the bin and go away.

As we all know, there are two stories and outcomes running parallel in her timeline, trotted out as needed. Both are lies, although they both show the same unappetising food. No need for me to reiterate them!

I'll only say this:

If Jack is truly left feeling the way she says (PTSD) then the toll on her is too great and she should get in the bin

If Jack truly believes she is the only one who can offer good cheap food, reduce food poverty and "drive"* a campaign to make changes, she should get in the bin

Even though the photos are a red herring, she looks ridiculous and she should get in the bin with them, too

Some people are not suitable for public life

* your Marcus is lovely! He's a true leader, not seeking to profit from a campaign nor even to drive it, but to marshall people in pride and joined values, in spite of govt flaws, to stand side by side

Let's all sing together: get in the bin, Jack. You're wasting our time and yours

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Of course she's "injured" herself today. bleeping hell, she's more transparent than a pane of glass. What's the over/under on the Jackolytes starting a crowdfunder for a private chiropractor?
Sunday always seems to be Grift-day for Jack. There’s always some sort of crisis each weekend that invariably leads to her Patreon numbers going up, or like last week, people throwing money at her for shopping trolleys.

Reactions: 40
Is that to make us look up how much they cost?
Honestly I think it’s so somebody chimes in with how expensive they are and her devotees will then pile on about how she DESERVES IT and are POOR PEOPLE NOT EVEN ALLOWED NICE THINGS??? Then she can say how she can’t say a word on this hellsite without somebody having a go at her for SOMETHING....and so it continues.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
On a frantic Incygrunka and putting off housework but I’m fairly sure a Frau predicted a mysterious injury preventing the £20 shop today?

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.