Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
just found this. it appears to be not new, but I've never seen it before! 😬

ETA, ooh, snap scarlet!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
In my area local businesses are offering to do food for those who are struggling. They're also taking in donations so they can do food parcels for those that aren't reached by food banks or school vouchers etc.
What's Jack highlighted that is happening in her area? What advice is she giving to the parents at the school gates, who will struggle over half term? What direction is she pointing people to across her local town?
She has a platform but she really doesn't want to shine a light on anyone else.
I went on the Daily fail 🤢website .I can't believe the almost sociopathic lack of empathy in the comments section .There seems to be no understanding of having a child then losing a job,illness or bereavement causing poverty.I wonder how many people enjoyed their taxpayer subsidised meals under the EOTHO yet want to deny children a healthy nutritious meal .

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 57

ETA, ooh, snap scarlet!
Honestly almost threw up a little when she said about the poshest biscuits she'd ever eaten being from the food bank.

She seems to constantly "forget" she didn't actually grow up in poverty?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

ETA, ooh, snap scarlet!
She's still all meeee, meeee, meee
They're talking about Trussell Trust foodbanks there though. Isn't Marcus Rashford's Fairshare a different charity? Just looks like they're trying to piggy back off of his name?

• Angry
Reactions: 32
It’s definitely just you, Jack. Absolutely no other person, out of around 7 billion, tidies by getting stuff out first. You are just so special with that unique mix of ADHD and Autism.

/sarcasm
It's Marie Kondo's whole starting point!!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Whenever I read your posts I always think you sound like such an all round lovely, empathetic person, who has had a very interesting life. (Sorry for a quick off topic post)
Thanks so much, I sometimes read my own posts back and get emotional myself if I am honest,. They bring back so many memories that I have pushed to the back of my mind. I do sometimes worry that I am being a bit like Jack though; talking about me too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
I'm listening to a true crime podcast on Spotify, and the hosts ask for Patreon supporters, so they can buy beer. Their honesty is admirable!

• Haha
Reactions: 50
She's still all meeee, meeee, meee
They're talking about Trussell Trust foodbanks there though. Isn't Marcus Rashford's Fairshare a different charity? Just looks like they're trying to piggy back off of his name?

it's back to uncle albert "during the poverty" all over again, innit 🥴

• Haha
  • Heart
I went on the Daily fail 🤢website .I can't believe the almost sociopathic lack of empathy in the comments section .There seems to be no understanding of having a child then losing a job,illness or bereavement causing poverty.I wonder how many people enjoyed their taxpayer subsidised meals under the EOTHO yet want to deny children a healthy nutritious meal .
A lot of absolute arseholes on that site & I swear they moderate comments. A hunt sab was attacked by a bastard ramming a tractor into them recently & the comments were largely in favour of the bastards illegally hunting foxes & injuring those trying to stop them. They seem to change the rule of law & decency to suit their own agendas, but like you know who. I hate that site.

• Sad
  • Wow
MancBee where's my soup please ? Has it been held up at the post office as a possible biohazard ?.
I have been BUSY OK? I went to the post office, but I saw a muddy puddle on the way. I was so intrigued that I went over to check if there were any luxury items lurking in its depths. There was only a pair of gloves, but they were Primak. I wasn't bending down for that bleeping cheap crap, are there no millionaires misplacing their clothing anymore? Then a man came over and whispered in my ear how he loved my body of work. I was so startled as I don't have a body of work, so I kicked him in the shins. I eventually got to the post office and they told me that I had already posted one parcel in the past month and that they couldn't keep up with the workload that I was giving them.

So I threw the soup down the toilet. Sorry.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 114
She's liked this post. For fucks sake, £20 a week is bad enough. I'm about to go on a rant as well, everyone saying don't judge parents for their bad choices, children still deserve decent meals. So despite sb being with his father most of the time, Jack sees nothing wrong with having all the gear (and no idea) and making these disgusting vile meals for sb which I hope do end up in the bin.
BD81215E-E41C-4B97-AC52-1B169E4B6E2A.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I'm listening to a true crime podcast on Spotify, and the hosts ask for Patreon supporters, so they can buy beer. Their honesty is admirable!
I think I know the podcast you are talking about. I dont mind that type of stuff. Producing a regular podcast, particularly one that involves research, takes time. I think it's fair enough to ask for a contribution for that time and effort. But, be honest about it. Don't guilt trip anyone into it. I think most podcasters do it in the same way a pub might put on an open mic night and you drop a few quid in a bucket at the end.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Still grunking along. I have to agree Marcus Rashford writes beautifully. His tweets get to the heart of the matter and displays a lot of heart too. He genuinely cares and instead of making it all about himself, he uses his platform to fete the other people working hard alongside him. He is the perfect person for this job. Jack is a broken record who has never made a positive change happen politically because she won't move with the times or explore the issues more deeply. Also she is still so obviously self serving. I hope Kirsty keeps chipping away.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Thanks so much, I sometimes read my own posts back and get emotional myself if I am honest,. They bring back so many memories that I have pushed to the back of my mind. I do sometimes worry that I am being a bit like Jack though; talking about me too much.
I must say I love reading your posts too, your descriptions are so vivid and emotive. You are the anti-jack in my eyes! Now duck off x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Sorry for slightly off topic - thought some Fraus might appreciate this VONN diagram. For those unfamiliar, Vonny is the Scottish Jack who has been mentioned on occassion

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 15.15.05.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 61
Ah well duck, I had a whole thing typed up and my phone crashed. But suffice to say, Jack has been extra CUNTY lately.
I would never tweet her or like negative comments because I enjoy seeing the chaos in real time. I very much enjoy reading here even if I don’t comment much. You all say what I’m thinking, but in a much more articulate way.
Little Miss cunty bleep of Cuntsville

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.