Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The way she says ‘Krish’ is grating my mushrooms.
Frauen, today someone I follow on Twitter said that she’d stumbled into a thread on Tattle and was horrified. She’s got a lot of followers so a lot of people agreed, and said we were all awful, and how could we sleep, and don’t we have anything better to do. And I was a bit shook. And I tried to step outside and look at the threads (I only really go on this one) and see if I was being dreadful. I felt a bit uncomfortable. Have any of you faced this? Anyway I’ve grunkad and I don’t feel in the slightest bit uncomfortable now because she is still utterly despicable and you are all great.
I did have a bit of a wobble and went away, thinking that I could "do more with my time", but naaa. As you say, everyone here is great and Jack is not.

Jack is sugar: not worth having, cheap and obvious, and surprisingly dangerous

Where else in this life would I be able to say such a thing and be understood?

Happy Friday to everyone except Jack

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Several people have replied to her tweet about tidying & adhd/autism saying they have neither & yet do this.
I do it too and I have neither. Check the jackolyte having a go at this squiggle.
Why can’t jack just say she’s tidying & getting over ambitious like so many people do without having to always mention her ‘conditions’? Pity fishing? Lining up excuses in advance of her next duck up? Just another excuse to tell people she has them? It’s exhausting.

Attachments

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
She still hasn't added the water needed for the Pangrattato Al Pomodoro soup. Or written up the anchoïade recipe. Or the butter sausage, kale and pea curry recipe. Or the scrambled eggs and mayo recipe. Or the... oh the list is neverending! How come I can remember the things she needs to do but she can't?!
Shes busy shaking her fists at all the injustices that have happened to her.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She always has to have the last word doesn't she?!
Only if it's an inconsquential (in her view) squiggle! If it's a blue ticker who has handed her her arse she scampers off wordlessly.

She's deploying the autism / adhd references to pre-empt or counter criticism from yesterday's tit show.

If "I used to be POOR" defence doesn't work by itself, she can shriek "you are not allowed to criticise me, for I have AUTISM AND ADHD! Therefore I win this round! HAHA! Oh, and did I mention MY GRANDFATHER IS DEAD?"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I did have a bit of a wobble and went away, thinking that I could "do more with my time", but naaa. As you say, everyone here is great and Jack is not.

Jack is sugar: not worth having, cheap and obvious, and surprisingly dangerous

Where else in this life would I be able to say such a thing and be understood?

Happy Friday to everyone except Jack
Sorry but sugar is also absolutely delicious, Jack is not sugar!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
The past few days have proved one thing to me. Jack is no longer interesting to the media, they have bored of her. She is a one trick pony with a story that is well known, she has nothing new to say and they know it. Her input is no longer relevant. Her recipes have become ridiculous parodies.

The media have moved on and found more charismatic personalities who are less problematic to front the stories. Jack has always thought her bolshie, hard faced, foul mouthed, confrontational style was what people were interested in. In fact it has become boring and hackneyed, no one with any clout in the media likes her anymore.

Jack's career is dying a slow and very painful death. She will hobble on screaming at anyone that will take any notice onTwitter, but the end will come and it won't be pretty.
It is pretty funny to think of her age 39, screaming, "I was someone." If anyone asks, she'll shriek that she published some books with rubbish deprecipes with rambling introductions. The person will be so confused, and will change seats on the train as soon as they can

I still think she could do a good job of a small cafe or pop up (please god let her stick to a few good quality items with onlyan occasional maverick), as long as she also shuts the duck up

Reactions: 20
Yep. She's not been asked back on tv to do cooking things (rest easy, Eamonn, Ruth and Matt), nor has she been asked back to do political things. She's just not going to be asked back, is she? And it's all her own doing.

The brazenness of these tweets back in March though...

View attachment 285028

View attachment 285027
It makes me so mad now that I actually believed her. I'd already unfollowed her for a while when I started feeling unsure about the number of ailments she was claiming to have, but I got sucked back in somehow. Thankfully DKL prodded me back to reality.

Reactions: 32
Several people have replied to her tweet about tidying & adhd/autism saying they have neither & yet do this.
I do it too and I have neither. Check the jackolyte having a go at this squiggle.
Why can’t jack just say she’s tidying & getting over ambitious like so many people do without having to always mention her ‘conditions’? Pity fishing? Lining up excuses in advance of her next duck up? Just another excuse to tell people she has them? It’s exhausting.
Jackolyte needs to get a grip.

Reactions: 19
I think because she puts on a show on twitter with prolific tweets that she lands on people's twitter radars and you can get sucked in at a surface level because she 'calls out' things. I think a lot of people don't see enough of her tweet threads in full to start piecing together that she is problematic. Most of us got here in some way due to the penny dropping, stuff being implausible and outright wrong. I think on a surface level she has a bit of charisma that draws people in to listen to her playground rants.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Only if it's an inconsquential (in her view) squiggle! If it's a blue ticker who has handed her her arse she scampers off wordlessly.

She's deploying the autism / adhd references to pre-empt or counter criticism from yesterday's tit show.

If "I used to be POOR" defence doesn't work by itself, she can shriek "you are not allowed to criticise me, for I have AUTISM AND ADHD! Therefore I win this round! HAHA! Oh, and did I mention MY GRANDFATHER IS DEAD?"
Ah of course. Yes, I didn’t think of that, makes perfect sense.

Reactions: 17
If Louisa is still visiting, and she probably is, it doesn't necessarily mean they are getting back together. I stayed close to a guy I dated for a very short time. His life was a mess and I couldn't cope with him as a partner, but I still loved him and wanted to help him as much as I could. We became like very close siblings, where one is a mess and the other is exasperated but they won't turn their backs on each other. We were best friends and saw each other every day until he died a couple of years ago.
I did wonder whether Louisa might be trying to give Jack some well-meaning professional advice, before she completely destroys what’s left of her career.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
It is pretty funny to think of her age 39, screaming, "I was someone." If anyone asks, she'll shriek that she published some books with rubbish deprecipes with rambling introductions. The person will be so confused, and will change seats on the train as soon as they can

I still think she could do a good job of a small cafe or pop up (please god let her stick to a few good quality items with onlyan occasional maverick), as long as she also shuts the duck up
Haha sorry to disagree with you again, nothing personal, but she'd be an absolute nightmare trying to run a cafe. It takes organisation, a certain degree of humility, actually being able to make appetising dishes, and most importantly HARD WORK, none of which are Jack's specialties.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I'm not allowed to 'share in public' the contents without the permission of the family, as per the terms of GOV.UK website.
There are lots of addresses. Lots.
The likelihood is that she will cop for a proportion of that once her mum and dad die. She just can't wait that long.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
She uses peoples vulnerabilities to get them in the feels as they saying goes( although I hate that saying) many people want to help and want to Stand up for what's right. She's uses this to her advantage and hooks people in, however after initial rant and delete sess there seems to be little else said on that topic and she has moved on to shake her fist at another topic. She uses her "experience" therefore she must be correct as she has lived it, and to an extent she could well be but the variables of poverty are so vast her one little story cannot possibly cover them all.

Thanks to sm everyone's an activist and everyone a mouth piece but very little of them actually do the leg work as the BLM community tried to stress through alot of their online messages. They were telling people not only to spread the message but actually learn from it and educate others to treat everyone equally.

What she is doing is the equivalent to putting a plaster on a deep open wound without sutures. It will stem the bleeding a bit but will not heal the wound properly.

She is telling people how to feed themselves for little but she is not tackling the wider issue of why poverty happens. She's not raising the issues of substance dependency, loss of work,poor money management etc. These things need to be addressed and the right sort of help offered to reduce the onset of poverty, feeding oneself is great but trying to head off poverty at the start point would be even better. She claims to know lots of politicans so why doesn't she lobby them for better help services to vulnerable people who are on a downward spiral.

There is so much she can do an many connections she has, I don't know why she doesnt do more to use them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
She uses peoplea vulnerabilities to get them in the feels as they saying goes( although I hate that saying) many people want to help and want to Stand up for what's right. She's uses this to her advantage and hooks people in, however after initial rant and delete sess there seems to be little else said on that topic and she has moved on to shake her fist at another topic. She uses her "experience" therefore she must be correct as she has lived it, and to an extent she could well be but the variables of poverty are so vast her one little story cannot possibly cover them all.

Thanks to am everyone's an activist and everyone a mouth piece but very little of them actually do the leg work as the BLM community tried to stress through alot of their online messages. They were telling people not only to spread the message but actually learn from it and educate others to treat everyone equally.
Exactly, despite her faults she knows how to pull a crowd whether for ranting or sympathy purposes - and she uses that skill time and time again. I can imagine she would draw quite a crowd in the street at Speakers Corner, on a soap box, because she knows how to say things that manipulate a listener’s ear. However i can also imagine a half of the crowd walking away after a couple of minutes once they have listened long enough to see contradictions in her arguments. That’s what happens on Twitter - people are drawn in by pics of food or shaking of fist at Tories etc, because she’s loud on Twitter. The crowd flocks to her, as seen in her twitter follows that go up during a rant and then down again after a rant. People want to see what the noise is, but turn away when they realise things. The ones that stay just haven’t had the penny drop yet.

Edit to add - i think the blue tick helps with her reach because if people see a retweet or a rant in progress and they see blue tickers saying lots about a topics, then they might be more tempted to investigate by reading all the tweets to figure out who they are, what they are saying, and also taking note of which other blue ticks agree etc. I know at least I do this.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Haha sorry to disagree with you again, nothing personal, but she'd be an absolute nightmare trying to run a cafe. It takes organisation, a certain degree of humility, actually being able to make appetising dishes, and most importantly HARD WORK, none of which are Jack's specialties.
Don't forget that she'd have to follow Food Hygiene rules. Like washing your hands.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I know I will not word this the best way that’s why I always enjoying reading your brilliant, witty, perfectly worded comments but I’m going in...

I think she has been doing the whole £20 shop to be relatable when they need a spokesperson to talk about poverty. Shes doing it in the hopes journalists will come running to get a real life person struggling. When in actual fact there are thousands of people in REAL poverty living day in day out who can provide real stories and truths. I wish I could help so as well as paying taxes I will also be donating to links. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.