Jack Monroe #93 I can’t believe she’s no butter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why doesn't she donate 1/3 of her website earnings to Marcus. Since the government are doing duck all, would be a nice gesture and might get her the desired notice she is longing for.

I agree with Kirsty. You shouldnt be starving kids, just to make a point. The Tories will pay for it at the next election ( if she decides to vote)

Last edited:
Reactions: 35
Come on then, which one of you is this? You know the first rule of Tattle; what goes on Tattle, stays on Tattle. We don’t take it cross platform. If it isn’t one of you, then more and more people are finally sussing her lies out.
0F2EB4DA-D4F7-4FDA-8C48-2024722516A9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
That’s the issue jack. All you’ve ever done is mouth off. And made a pretty penny off the back of it. Now duck off with playing the victim-you aren’t one.
What do they say is the definition of stupid? Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. If she has made the same speech over and over for 7 years and things have got worse, what she is doing isn't effective. Find an alternative way to be an activist. Jack, nobody is listening to you, can't you take a hint?

• Heart
Reactions: 65
What do they say is the definition of stupid? Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result. If she has made the same speech over and over for 7 years and things have got worse, what she is doing isn't effective. Find an alternative way to be an activist. Jack, nobody is listening to you, can't you take a hint?
spot on @MancBee, she’s by her own admission achieved duck all

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Do people have narcissism blindness? I just don't get how it isn't obvious to everyone who follows her that she is entirely powered by ego. What kind of person tries to OWN poverty, and gets crappy if anyone mentions it without crediting her for... having written a couple of cookbooks?? It's so crashingly obvious in her responses to Kirsty Strickland there: I think he was getting at me specifically; he didn't compliment me, and people should; I've met him and so expect to have control of his thoughts. !!? WHY THE PEOPLE NOT SEE

• Heart
Reactions: 51
What was that free moisturiser she got given again? It looks bloody brilliant I need me some, she’s aged me 5 years the last six months

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
I think she has someone else's boobs in this photo, as well as teeth. This alleged photo before alleged full on burnout *actually* falls in the period where she was allegedly so sick and thin she had to keep telling us she didn't have an eating disorder.

Use a spreadsheet for your lies of black eyes
Look closely at the outline of the left boob, it looks painted on.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I don't follow anyone on Twitter, apart from Stuart Maconie and the local bus company....but I'm definitely going to follow Kirsty Strickland now,!!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Why doesn't she donate 1/3 of her website earnings to Marcus. Since the government are doing duck all, would be a nice gesture and might get her the desired notice she is longing for.

I agree with Kirsty. You shouldnt be star IMG kids, just to make a point. The Tories will pay for it at the next election ( if she decides to vote)
I know I'm stating the obvious here but her 'work' is all to line her own pockets. It's literally her job, not just a charitable sideline she does for a good cause. Can't stand people on Twitter calling her a hero etc, like seriously people.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
So, she thinks she is contributing. Right. If she is, her main contribution is recipes for affordable meals. But how often does she write them?

I have a writing job in school hours so basically the same hours as Jack has available. I have to complete deliverables every week or my clients go nuts and I don't do enough billable hours and my boss goes nuts. I have to achieve, week in, week out. I also am the main person in my house who does school pickups, orders food, makes meals for the kids, does the housework (though I do have a husband). It's not impossible, just requires some discipline.

I understand it might be hard for Jack to motivate herself, but she is published and has a platform. It does not take weeks to write up a recipe she has made multiple times...

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Jesus.

If my only experience of poverty was the lifestyle of Jack Monroe, I'd be a bigger Tory than Toby Young.

And because it isn't, where I'm from, a man calm and collected enough to not snap some vicious little prick in two when they've attacked him is seen as the one who is in the right and the attacker seen as the pathetic one, partly because they won't control themselves, partly because they're oblivious to the reality of the situation (ie, if they didn't trust the other person completely not to be an utter bleep like them, they wouldn't ever do it) and partly because it's tit for everybody else around.

It's also how abusive and violent women get away with domestic and child abuse. They go 'oh, but I'm so little and defenceless', and 'isn't it funny how I attacked them and they didn't do a thing?' and 'I was the victim of violence from them!'. Long ago in the mists of the lockdown threads I spoke of being on the receiving end of abuse from such a woman and witnessing her wailing and howling when another child defended themselves in panic.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Not me. Been blocked and my other account is a worky thing so I can read but am not tempted

Reactions: 16
Do people have narcissism blindness? I just don't get how it isn't obvious to everyone who follows her that she is entirely powered by ego. What kind of person tries to OWN poverty, and gets crappy if anyone mentions it without crediting her for... having written a couple of cookbooks?? It's so crashingly obvious in her responses to Kirsty Strickland there: I think he was getting at me specifically; he didn't compliment me, and people should; I've met him and so expect to have control of his thoughts. !!? WHY THE PEOPLE NOT SEE
I think most people are clueless about what narcissism is and assume people mean what they say and generally mean well because they do themselves.
Not to be all Jack about it, but I had no clue until I got put through the wringer by one in a long term relationship. I know I won't ever make the mistake of thinking everyone's motives are the same as mine again.
I can spot it from a mile off now - it's amazing, like they all have a handbook.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
Jack/her publisher could provide free copies of the book 🤷🏽‍♀️
WOAH WOAH WOAH, slow down a second there. I mean, even taking into account the ‘thousands’ that Monroe has already given away, one gets the feeling that you mean, like, really give away - as in, with no money whatsoever going directly to Monroe. To say, well, things are bad but if you really, REALLY think about it, they’re not *that* bad...

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Who the hell refers to themselves as having talked "emotively" on any subject? This is simply only something to be said about you, NEVER by yourself.

This is top tier twattery, and although I'm sure KS already had her measure, this is pure gold. Love the non-response to "I’m so tired Kirsty. And so angry."

She is now facing an almost daily chaos on Twitter, though generated by others now rather than by herself. She is becoming increasingly isolated, and appears to have precious little personal or professional support to draw upon. The net is closing in, Lads .... I can feel it in my seagrass drawer.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.