Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silver Linings

VIP Member
45729FC4-223E-4136-A7A8-F4057D866F4A.jpeg
DC946C63-7BD8-4434-BE3F-7E2C8974D11C.jpeg
E253F88F-5B6C-4263-9C95-6A9776D7717B.jpeg
C87B41C2-7455-4EF6-BF69-C915383E3A7A.jpeg
You being ungracious? Never. Also, little bit tone deaf to essentially moan about how much stuff you have and space to mess about in, let alone the time to do so.
E971A23D-093B-487D-BD8E-61AC93B30ED9.jpeg
4BD09E04-26E5-4AB9-9B61-F4FA26C2FA35.jpeg

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 51

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
She's so unbelievably thick. She cannot argue her point because she doesn't have one. It's heartening to see her being called out calmly and logically and how she can't take it and instantly reverts to "it's a sensitive topic for me so I can't be held to account EVER".

Change the fucking record.
She can’t argue? But what do you mean?
“MY GRANDFATHER IS DEAD!”

• Haha

MrsOgre

VIP Member
She's liked this post. For fucks sake, £20 a week is bad enough. I'm about to go on a rant as well, everyone saying don't judge parents for their bad choices, children still deserve decent meals. So despite sb being with his father most of the time, Jack sees nothing wrong with having all the gear (and no idea) and making these disgusting vile meals for sb which I hope do end up in the bin.
BD81215E-E41C-4B97-AC52-1B169E4B6E2A.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad

MrsOnion

Do people have narcissism blindness? I just don't get how it isn't obvious to everyone who follows her that she is entirely powered by ego. What kind of person tries to OWN poverty, and gets shitty if anyone mentions it without crediting her for... having written a couple of cookbooks?? It's so crashingly obvious in her responses to Kirsty Strickland there: I think he was getting at me specifically; he didn't compliment me, and people should; I've met him and so expect to have control of his thoughts. !!? WHY THE PEOPLE NOT SEE

• Heart

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Rendered mute by her own irrelevance. Oh happy days. Perhaps she can now concentrate on her whisky flavoured kombucha pitch for Spencer Matthews.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50

Harrybosch

VIP Member
I wish someone would ask whether these books are being donated or paid for? Isn’t it massively patronising to people to assume they want or need Jack’s book? I’m pretty sure many would prefer that money to go on treats in these hampers-it comes across as ‘here you go poor person, and a book on how to cook cheap shite as you clearly don’t know’
Surely a book voucher would be much nicer. Gives people the choice to pick up a cookbook of their choice. I've been given many cookbooks over the years. The only ones of any use to me are from two friends who know me and how I cook extremely well. Cooking is a personal thing. What you like doesn't just depend on money, but on food preferences, skill level, how you eat as a family, etc, etc. It's patronising to think that just because you have to rely on a food bank you have no skills.

• Heart

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I'm listening to a true crime podcast on Spotify, and the hosts ask for Patreon supporters, so they can buy beer. Their honesty is admirable!

• Haha

FlashBoof

VIP Member
Can you imagine being an anti-poverty campaigner and not sharing those Marcus Rashford tweets? Well, you don’t have to imagine - just check out Jacks likes but not shares. Nearly 300k of followers (many that could benefit from the tweets) and she is half heartedly liking a few but not sharing. How on earth can she say they are “working together”? How? God, I am irritated this morning. Good job I have a very busy week ahead or I might combust with the anger of a thousand (soft soft) suns.

• Heart

Scarletfever

VIP Member
These screenshots are doing the rounds on twitter. Replies to a Nigel Farage tweet, and evidence of the narrative Jack feeds with her £20 a week shops.

IMG_20201022_114504.png

IMG_20201022_114452.png
IMG_20201022_114437.png
IMG_20201022_114427.png

• Angry
  • Wow

Harrybosch

VIP Member
I'm still reeling at the idea she has been part of some National Food Stratwgy for the past two years.

What food strategy and where?

Of course she "can't talk about it".

Yeah luv, cos this is a lie isn't it?
I have never heard of anyone who has been part of a committee or advisory board who has not been able to talk about it. It's such nonsense. These are not secret organisations/bodies. They want people to talk about their work.

Or is the national food strategy she's working on part of some kind of owl-worshipping camp in the woods?

• Haha
  • Heart
I only read the general celeb goss as I don’t know who anyone else is!

The thing with this thread is if Jack held her hands up and said ‘I’m not poor’, stopped begging, stopped making ridiculous lies, feeding her son crap, stopped being rude to her followers (to be fair, this seems a lot). We’d basically all fuck off.
We’re here to call out her behaviour, if she didn’t act like that there would be nothing else to talk about.

Just to highlight how absurd adult baby Jack is, a few weeks ago we were on spin class instructor Jack (ft. someone else’s teeth - whose are they?!)

C44CA79A-72D8-45B3-8D51-F0BCA5FB8333.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick

Alansbigplate

VIP Member
I mean, Krishnan definitely isn't.
I’m *really* tired and brain foggy so my reading comprehension might not be up to much. But I think KGM’s tweet possibly didn’t caveat things the way eg Nigella’s did & so came across as charity being an acceptable replacement for policy. I think Jack’s response wasn’t wrong it was just incomplete because she’s reactionary and not good at putting much light & shade into a single tweet hence her endless tweet threads and scathing essays. She should also have shown both sides of the coin and didn’t so isn’t any better than KGM on that score really. Twitter isn’t a great place for political discourse sometimes because of the character limit.

However she can’t spend half of today tidying up saying it’s all too much for her then decide actually she will join in a bit oh no back to tidying now. I see why she targeted the politician she did as she’s specifically meant to protect children, but it’s all so half hearted & shouting into the (2 day old) void; what I’m trying to say badly is Jack’s always trying to say things but doing it badly too!

Last edited:
  • Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
How hard can it be to write up these simple recipes? What takes her so long?
I know it is bad manners to quote yourself, but who said I have good manners?

I have realised why it takes her so long to write these recipes. She has to think of the overwrought florid self-centered soliloquies. Droning on about her life and her thoughts and her feelings and her woes and her troubles. Describing at length each of the ingredients, the colour, the smell, the texture (ooops shoulda left that one out).

Jack, nobody cares. Just tell them how to make the stuff.

• Haha

holliebollie

Chatty Member
KGM: tweets to suggest that instead of armchair activism, give a small donation to a charity = pile ons and article trashing tweet.

Jackanory: TAKES PEOPLE’S BENEFITS to keep her in Vivienne Westwood, Ocado/M&S, Cotswold, Burberry, Smeg, John Lewis = nothing.

Has she ever complained of having tinnitus?! I can take a guess it’s actually the constant Twitter notifications she can hear 24/7.

• Angry
  • Heart

GoLando

VIP Member
I realised this morning, that all those people falling over themselves to praise Jack Shit Monroe for ‘showing people how to cook and eat for £20 a week’ have NOT taken into account that she has shared custody, that she ‘works’ from home, that she doesn’t work shifts, she doesn’t have to deal with childcare. If her child is fussy she probably throws a packet of maize crisps at him until she perfects the mayo glaze on a single sausage then serves it to him. That £20 has been for food only, not bills or toiletries as we’ve previously discussed. She doesn’t pay for any transport. It doesn’t account for parents who may need to choose between nappies, formula or a couple of frozen pizzas. It’s also not taken into account people who may be shielding and for whom jauntily walking to a supermarket twice in one day is out of the fucking question. Urgh the rage.
She simultaneously blogs about being too poor to batch cook, and shows off about her eleventy billion batch cooked meals.

• Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Maybe she was up formulating something insightful to say about that horrors that are currently going on in Poland.

Or maybe she was finishing off that dibdab.

• Haha
  • Heart