Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Top tip from Harry regarding kale.

If you or your family don't like it, don't eat it. Any other dark leafy greens and cabbages are just as healthy.

If you do like kale, here's an easy recipe.

Wash kale and remove the hard stalks and chop up the leaves.
Heat up a bit of olive oil in a pan, add the kale. Fry on a low heat for ten minutes. For the last 3 minutes add two finely minced cloves of garlic.

If the kale sticks to the pan, add a little water.

When the kale has softened and wilted, take it off the heat. Add salt, pepper and another glug of good olive oil.

Toast some sourdough. Spread kale on top. Eat.

Cheap, Tuscan recipe. Delicious and nutritious. I've had it topped with cannelini beans too, to make it more substantial.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 61
@LavaFlake I’ve just read your soup review, loved it loved it all. Thanks for taking a hit for the cabal, and the hand cupping the bowl pic was brilliant. 10/10 and as a reward you never have to eat the soup again

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Just looked up the disorder that Jack mentions here. Firstly, it's something adolescents suffer from, not women in their 30s and secondly

- Often deliberately annoys or upsets people
- Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior

Add stealing and lying to the bottom and you've got the full set
I am actually really angry about her implying she has ODD.

It is most definitely a childhood disorder, which CAN lead to conduct disorder which then CAN lead to other personality disorders in later life.

She has probably done a quick google of the symptoms, seen the comorbidity with ADHD and thought BINGO.

no thought whatsoever for those poor children and their families who have to actually live with ODD.

😡😡😡😡

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Good point about Christmas, a lot of people's budgets will be tighter this year and there's always the threat of lockdowns limiting stocks in stores. She could be showing people where to make savings, get-ahead recipes that can be frozen and don't break the bank?

Personally I'd rather have oven chips on Christmas Day than a JM inspired dinner but, it would go down well with a lot of her fans and surely would be more relevant than beige recipes, or photos of her and SB's breakfasts every day? 🤷

She's just bloody lazy.
she doesn’t have any ideas for Christmas on a budget as she’ll be merrily tucking into a 90% vegan M&S turkey crown with all the pre-prepared trimmings 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
She's tweeted this hilarious (...) garlic apology before. It's really not as funny as she thinks but it's always a good way to remind people that SHE WAS POOR. Got that? She was POOR and she is not as poor now as she was then but she's still POOR. Ok fools?

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
😞 that is not a healthy nose

I have knightmares of sitting at the table hours after dinner time as I hadn’t eaten my now stone cold congealed veg ☹ Being told off
Same here. But this was in the fifties and my mother genuinely believed that kids couldnt thrive without cabbage. Times have changed

• Sad
Reactions: 12
That's terrible advice.

Better advice: Even if you think it's garbage, keep writing. Look at it again in the morning. You may end up redrafting but it's all helpful.

I've never written a book but writing is at least 60% of my telly job and if I took Jack's advice I would never get anything done and spend all day on Twitter.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.