Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re the disproving Jack’s many ailments-some of them are clearly exaggerated/bullshit so they could be exposed to some extent. Her dramatic ‘I’ve lost full use of my hands’ to excuse the Kickstarter disaster wasn’t apparent on DKL when she was grating corned beef for example (bit harder than putting a book in an envelope I’d say).
Or the walking with a cane/collapsed trying to pick up bamboo shoots next to her Fitbit reading of 20,000 steps or whatever (was all on her Instagram).
No doubt she’d excuse it as ‘I’m scatty & my ailments are worse sometimes than others’ (I don’t know whether people with those ailments do go up & down to that extent) but when it’s tied into the ‘woe is me’ narrative & many of the other lies about everything else, it will fail the smell test for the majority of sensible people I reckon.
Bizarre how many people these days want to protect those up to no good though, I find it so strange. It’s reasonable to give some benefit of the doubt but the receipts on Jack are so big now that I think a skilled journalist could get many people questioning her narrative for once.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Your personal address history does, ie. moving multiple times within a short space of time. But moving into a house where someone who has debt used to live doesn’t.

Is that what you mean?
If you apply for credit then in some instances the lender will take into account your geographic location when calculating your score. Like I said I work for a Credit Refence Agency.

Reactions: 5
Funny how she categorises ALL work as “admin”, and admin as “soul sucking tedious tasks I just can’t manage”.

Photographing and posting recipes - waaah admin
Fulfilling promises to Patreon backers - waaah don’t wanna do it

This is your bleeping day job, Jack. This is something you have chosen to pursue. By all means get yourself a job at Asda if you don’t think you’re cut out for it.
This is just amusing, not even offensive, she genuinely thinks she’s some pained maverick artiste who simply must not be limited by the constraints of minor domestic or business tasks? You’re blending slop babe this isn’t the second coming of Alexander McQueen 🥴

@LavaFlake you’ve forgotten the rotten mushrooms dear heart, fresh and plump simply won’t suffice x

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
If you're concerned about any poster hit report and let us deal with it. There always will be a very small percentage of people looking to disrupt, but members and mods very quickly see through it and deal with it.

Anyway back on topic :)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Re the disproving Jack’s many ailments-some of them are clearly exaggerated/bullshit so they could be exposed to some extent. Her dramatic ‘I’ve lost full use of my hands’ to excuse the Kickstarter disaster wasn’t apparent on DKL when she was grating corned beef for example (bit harder than putting a book in an envelope I’d say).
Or the walking with a cane/collapsed trying to pick up bamboo shoots next to her Fitbit reading of 20,000 steps or whatever (was all on her Instagram).
No doubt she’d excuse it as ‘I’m scatty & my ailments are worse sometimes than others’ (I don’t know whether people with those ailments do go up & down to that extent) but when it’s tied into the ‘woe is me’ narrative & many of the other lies about everything else, it will fail the smell test for the majority of sensible people I reckon.
Bizarre how many people these days want to protect those up to no good though, I find it so strange. It’s reasonable to give some benefit of the doubt but the receipts on Jack are so big now that I think a skilled journalist could get many people questioning her narrative for once.
Yes definitely - a skilled journalist could.
And any of us here could provide evidence for all that you list above. But, we’re all invested in her. And there’s receipts.

Sadly, I just don’t think a skilled enough journalist who would be able to pull off a well-reasoned, well-argued, fact-checked article would care about her. She’s small fry, really. I hope I’m proved wrong, I really do! 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Oh look. It’s Jack proving how little cooking knowledge she has. The second tweet has been deleted already but had loads of responses saying “I never just do a white sauce - it’s always a cheese sauce” etc
Jack is just salty because her white sauce looks like Dobbin's post coital anchioade.

• Haha
Reactions: 70
It was in her seminal work, a rallying cry against daughters of literal barons (except Mom, don't bring her into this), 'Potatoes'. https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2020/07/30/the-price-of-potatoes-and-the-value-of-compassion/

lolviolence.
Here we are back in Dickensian Jackanory 😂 I cant imagine any brother saying to his sister in the 2010s that she had a child out of marriage so she deserves everything she gets!

I wonder if he’s seen that particular piece? She’s probably blocked him because he’s a real threat to the narrative and he probably pretends he’s only got foster siblings

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Yes definitely - a skilled journalist could.
And any of us here could provide evidence for all that you list above. But, we’re all invested in her. And there’s receipts.

Sadly, I just don’t think a skilled enough journalist who would be able to pull off a well-reasoned, well-argued, fact-checked article would care about her. She’s small fry, really. I hope I’m proved wrong, I really do! 😂

In other news, I see that the Jackolytes are coming to heel and are reacting appropriately to the subtext. I'm sure Louisa can swing it for her this time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Oh look. It’s Jack proving how little cooking knowledge she has. The second tweet has been deleted already but had loads of responses saying “I never just do a white sauce - it’s always a cheese sauce” etc
What the hell is she wittering on about? "I could understand if it was a cheese sauce" - MAKE IT WITH A CHEESE SAUCE THEN!! YOU'RE THE ONE COOKING IT!!! WHAT'S PREVENTING YOU GRATING SOME CHEESE IN?

And this - what does she mean 'most of them aren't'? Most of what aren't? Most of the ones you buy readymade?

Screen Shot 2020-10-20 at 13.16.55.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 41
Or just eat all the freezer dinners? She didn't need to do the big performative asda shop this week and she makes her life more difficult because of the drama mick, she just loves it.
@Scarletfever This made me spit out my tea 😀!

Asda shopping as performative art. If I didn’t shop on line at Tesco, I’d nip down the Asda and film my shop as performance art!

I wouldn’t but the thought made me laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.