Jack Monroe #91 POOR (ISH)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What was she replying to? Doesn’t sit right with me that she mentions raising SB, sandwiched between comments about her pets. Raising a child is quite different...
To assume that because you’ve raised your own child you can look after a dog is probably an assumption a lot of those people who abandon their poor puppies make :(

For starters, as a comparison, my little one could not run around the house with their own tit in their mouth and start chewing on the William Morris curtains ripping them to bits and pissing all over the RENTED bungalow floor from the day they are brought home from the hospital. Not to say parents can’t look after dogs, of course they can, but by no means is everyone who’s ever been a (part time) parent up to the task.

On that note is she going to be sending the puppy to live with SB’s dad half the week as well in that case 🧐

She has BPD/Narcissistic tendencies and wants what’s she perceives to be the constant adoration of a dog. It’s no surprise she’s only been harping on about one since “she LEFT”

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
Anyhow, has she noticed it's half term yet? That twenty won't cover feeding a child properly for 3 meals a day.

She might have to share some of her Ocado order with him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Is she skint, though ? she doesn’t actually say anything of the sort. It’s all rough patches, belt tightening, ooh it’s cold in here kind of talk. All hints and inference. She is an excellent manipulator who has the cunning intelligence to read her audience like a book and knows exactly how to get what she wants. She has found her niche alright.
I’ve said it before - I wish I was a pound behind her.
Kitten broke me. Remember kitten, Jack ?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
To assume that because you’ve raised your own child you can look after a dog is probably an assumption a lot of those people who abandon their poor puppies make :(

For starters, as a comparison, my little one could not run around the house with its own tit in its mouth and start chewing on the William Morris curtains ripping them to bits from the day they are brought home from the hospital. Not to say parents can’t look after dogs, of course they can, but by no means is everyone up to the task.
I mean, there are many parents who aren’t fit to look after children. They just go undetected or don’t meet the high level of shittiness required for intervention

Doesn’t bode well for any of Jack’s pets that she’s willing to feed her own child rotting meat... if that’s good enough for her own flesh and blood, what on Earth is she willing to feed to animals?

Anyhow, has she noticed it's half term yet? That twenty won't cover feeding a child properly for 3 meals a day.

She might have to share some of her Ocado order with him.
Hopefully he’ll be at his dad’s, treated to luxuries such as fresh meat and a whole banana (and not together!)

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I hope she gets a dog that pisses and chews everything 😅 dog loves the fancy stuff to chew much better than Cheap tit too.

When my dog was a pup my inexpensive trainers where lying next to my sister pricey new shoes she bought with her partime wages when we were younger. The dog wner for her ones.😅

• Haha
Reactions: 19
62 page 51 here when I googled. Thumped him. ETA thank you. Can’t figure out links.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Have yous ever read Mumsnet begging threads? The internet is apparently full of very gullible people willing to throw money at any sob story, no matter how farfetched.
The begging threads on mumsnet are always the same.

Always a poor but honest single parent who will say I have a turnip some pasta and half a tube of tomato puree. I only have £2.11 pence until I my wages/benefits/student loan comes through, and I am on emergency credit on the meter.

No, no, no I don't want anyone to send me money, I just want advice on how to feed my premature/disabled baby/twins, here in the hostel where the council put me.

No, no friends or relatives in this country, food bank - oh what a good idea! But oh no it is shut/30 miles away.

People report faster than Jack responding to a blue ticker, but the threads rarely get removed.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
This "rolling monthly" stuff is grade-A bollocks. I worked in a lettings agency on Saturdays when I was a teenager. Managed lets - the landlords want long rentals, so there are no gaps or empty periods, and they leave everything to the agency to do. If Jack and Louisa said they wanted the bungalow but they had a cat, the landlord (or landlady, as Jack has said, but more likely a landlord, as Jack likes to send people down the garden path) would say "ok then, I'll accept that - it's a long rental and it's a couple, so it's ok", etc.

Jack is a pathological liar.
I know others have already said the same, but rolling monthly isn't bollocks at all. At the end of your initial tenancy, you can sign a new lease or you can just stay on on a rolling monthly basis. It's not at all unusual.

As Shelter says: 'Your tenancy becomes a periodic tenancy automatically if you stay past the end of the fixed term without a renewal agreement.'

• Heart
Reactions: 35
I mean, there are many parents who aren’t fit to look after children. They just go undetected or don’t meet the high level of shittiness required for intervention

Doesn’t bode well for any of Jack’s pets that she’s willing to feed her own child rotting meat... if that’s good enough for her own flesh and blood, what on Earth is she willing to feed to animals?

Hopefully he’ll be at his dad’s, treated to luxuries such as fresh meat and a whole banana (and not together!)
Again, I don’t believe she does give him the food she makes. Not the manky stuff, but the Ocado and other deliveries.
Narcs cover every base, remember.
Cat and rabbit food isn’t factored in to the “budget” because there isn’t one, not really, it’s all a kind of cruel pretend.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.