Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know why Jack disgusts herself. It’s because you can’t outrun your conscience, no matter how much you try to think of yourself as a victim & make special allowances for yourself. Lying makes you feel tit. Knowing deep down you’re a charlatan does too. How she hasn’t realised this & just stopped the lies & the begging stuff-which is actually taking money from those who really need it (those patreon donations could be helping people genuinely struggling) I don’t know,
She must be incredibly selfish-animals, people, let them suffer as long as jack’s ok. I wish she’d just stop. Take responsibility for yourself jack-when you came here you said people don’t sign up to patreon or give you tips from pity. That’s utter horseshit as today’s shenanigans prove. Get a proper job if you can’t support yourself writing, nobody owes you a living & plenty of people have far less than you. You’ll be rich in self respect at least which nobody can buy with money.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
This!! I don't understand why Jack isn't discussing this more?
Our town does have an official food bank, but also has community fridge. It gets stocked with surplus foods from the nearest shops and food businesses, plus any donations. It is free for all, if needed. Donations of payment for it are welcome but not required. During lockdown they were able to supply bags of food to people who couldn't get any, for whatever reason.
Does Southend have nothing like this? If it hasn't, why doesn't Jack use her platform to change that. If it has, why doesn't she use her platform to support it? There are so many ways she could be making more people aware of how to help, how to change things, etc. She could be telling people where they should be donating to, rather than her tip jar.
It's not a solution, but it will help people who will struggle over the next few months.
You have said what I think much better than I ever could.

Reactions: 16
This!! I don't understand why Jack isn't discussing this more?
Our town does have an official food bank, but also has community fridge. It gets stocked with surplus foods from the nearest shops and food businesses, plus any donations. It is free for all, if needed. Donations of payment for it are welcome but not required. During lockdown they were able to supply bags of food to people who couldn't get any, for whatever reason.
Does Southend have nothing like this? If it hasn't, why doesn't Jack use her platform to change that. If it has, why doesn't she use her platform to support it? There are so many ways she could be making more people aware of how to help, how to change things, etc. She could be telling people where they should be donating to, rather than her tip jar.
It's not a solution, but it will help people who will struggle over the next few months.
Even our small village did something like that - food left regularly in the doorway of the locked community centre. People post in the Facebook group that they are leaving stuff in their front porches or on the garden wall or offering other stuff free. Things such as clothes, uniforms, toys, household items, furniture, etc like a mini-Gumtree.

During the first lockdown when my car was on the blink, someone went to Asda for me to get my Click and Collect; another time, two blokes I didn't even know turned up with jumpleads to get me going.

Where is Jack's contribution to the community or even sharing of local initiatives? She couldn't even be arsed to share the petition to Westminster about child poverty. I was going to call her an hole but a late friend of mine would say that was an insult to arseholes as at least they provide a useful function, unlike her who is of much use to anyone as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I gave up before the picking of the rancid scrappy and crappy bits of chicken to throw in the direction of the child who isn't apparently worth proper meat (6 chicken thighs, 600g, £1.25, probably 500g of decent meat and 2-4 meals out of them) and did some online shopping - Ocado, delivery slot tomorrow morning. I've worked it out that there is somewhere around 40-50 individual portions/meals' worth of protein for £40 and I certainly don't get the cheapest tit physically possible, as I've been properly hungry before, have a bastarding immune system that wants to cripple and/or kill me and I had my fill of not being worth decent food as a child to do it to myself and Mr D now.

I am massively overinvested in good food and just can't believe how wonderful ingredients, vegetables, herbs, animal products, fruit, spices, grains, pulses, legumes and seasonings can be turned into such revolting sludge that anybody would develop an ED if that's all they had access to. I know I bleeping did from the shite my mother punted out. Including scraggy chicken wings whilst others who were 'worth more' got to eat the decent bits.

Everything she makes is such a bleeping waste of calories. Have a jacket potato. Make a potato curry. Have sweet potatoes, steamed rice, chestnuts, chilli, ginger, cabbage, the permutations are endless. Just don't insult the efforts of the agricultural workers or the lives of the animals concerned by turning the produce into drain clogging trash.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I would actually go as far as saying am starting to dislike her and for me that is big as I hate no one.

I don't feel comfortable going public on her not because I don't agree with anything I have said or what has been said. She's too much hassle to challenge and personally I don't want to waste my time on outing her. It will come to her when the time is right.
I don't dislike her, but I think a lot of what she does is deeply dishonest.

Her poverty cos play is disturbing, and does nothing for people in real poverty.

Reactions: 19
Alternatively, surely dropping by the magic muddy puddle and checking if a trolley is in there is worth a shot?
I don't often comment, and am grunkalunking slowly tonight, but had to share how the muddy puddle scarf fairy tale amuses me no end. Introducing Beatrix Potter's Jackie Puddleduck...ably supported by the Brambly Hedge mice. Anyone remember Jamie and the Magic Torch? It's Jackie and the Magic Puddle...and her yellow mac (garden eucalyptus in the background)

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm wondering if this £20 a week thing is to do with tax. Her corporation tax bill for accounts to the end of March 2020 will be due around 1st December. Her last set of accounts showed just under £16k in assets (assume cash in the bank) and creditors of just over £28k (assume corporation tax), so now she isn't a duel income household, she may be paddling frantically to make the payment.
If that is for corporation tax & its 19% would that make her profits around £147k ????

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
If that is for corporation tax & its 19% would that make her profits around £147k ????
Tbf its most likely a few different tax related bills - corp tax, VAT, NI for salaries, other little bits I can’t remember having been a Lynn in our biz, but you are transferring HMRC something or the other every other week, so it’s probably all of that in aggregate? @Bumbear our financial frau had her turnover at £108k on another thread, which feels realistic and in line with other estimates on royalties and her website for adverts.

does anyone mind if try to do it? I've triangulated a thread name at least. 🙂
would be lovely if you could please dear heart! xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.