Jack Monroe #90 Freezer of lies in a house of extravagant buys

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here’s a revelation. Sometimes the cheap ranges get deleted because PEOPLE DONT BUY THEM. It’s why they have re-branded some to make them look more attractive.
The only people I knew who bought the cheap tuna was for their cats. I also remember the super cheap beans and tomatoes, I was a student at the time. It was promotion, a loss leader, not an actual sustainable price.

And I am assuming she lives in a nice area. Maybe if she moved somewhere cheaper then those shops would stock more of those ranges?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 62
Oh for duck sake with the 1 pound comment. Pet yes 1 pound for 4 tins of beans what actually is that one less pack of out of date chicken livers. Think about it. A tin of beans canfeed two people in various ways. On jackets, on toast, as a side to chips and egg etc she's a bleeping wombat.

Don't bleeping rinse them just eat them as they are with maybe a sprinkle of cheese. Job done and probably a very happy kid.
WHAT IF IT'S BEAN JUICE, WHAT IF IT'S BEAN JUICE????!!!!!
Then she realised she's the only bleeping idiot that pours that away and rendered her 'its something you usually throw away' reveal, useless 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 24
According to google maps it's 1.1 miles and would take 22 minutes to walk.
Forgive my ignorance, but aren't there any buses in Southend?
I only learned to drive fairly recently, and have had a car even less time. I used to get the bus to and from the supermarket that was 3 miles from where I was living and ferry back my weekly shop that way.
Understand that there may be reduced services right now, but also she can shop absolutely any time as she doesn't have set work hours.
Why does she have to act like Jesus dragging the cross every Sunday? (No offense to any religious Frauen) She is making me cross with this martyr act.

ETA: Sorry, I posted before getting up to date and someone has already made the point. I'm still cross though! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 56
View attachment 279363View attachment 279364
I remember wagon wheels and curly wurlys being longer. What’s the point in this?
Yet she has £20 to play her fake poverty challenge every Sunday? She can’t decide which side of the argument she’s on. Either Annunziata Rees-Mogg is allowed £3 a day in her ridiculous hypothetical TV show or she’s allowed £21 to spend for the week. So which is it?

Also has she never heard of inflation? What relevances does 90s shop prices have to the argument?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Yet she has £20 to play her fake poverty challenge every Sunday? She can’t decide which side of the argument she’s on. Either Annunziata Rees-Mogg is allowed £3 a day in her ridiculous hypothetical TV show or she’s allowed £21 to spend for the week. So which is it?

Also has she never heard of inflation? What relevances does 90s shop prices have to the argument?
I remember buying a can of coke a chocolate bar and crisps with a quid on the 90s those days are long gone, but guess what I moved on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Oh be still my beating heart, she’s started a list of Disappearing Smartprice Items, I can hardly contain my excitement. I thought all the major supermarkets cut back on their cheaper ranges in the run up to Christmas, still it gives her something else to whinge about.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I am happy to add the mushroom pouch to my delivery & take a pic of it heated up to dis/prove our theory if it’s of interest to the coven, delivery doesn’t come til the end of week tho. THE LIES!!
Are you gonna do it in your porch at 4pm tho? Y'know, the free light and that...

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Looks like she's bid a fond adieu to the dream of an Asda collaboration. Probably bitter after she's seen Dean off Masterchef is their new budget chef.
View attachment 279370
Oh my god.
That isn't how supermarket pricing works.
(I used to work for a company on a small team that put a range of products into Waitrose. Triangulate that, Jack)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
Why doesn't she just walk the 9 minutes to her local Tesco and buy their (in stock) 22p own brand baked beans?

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I went to Morrisons for my shop on Friday after actually working all day.

Upon reaching the aisle of tinned tomatoes, I discovered that the cheapest own brand tomato shelf was empty. However, despite being knackered from actually doing a job all day, I did not throw myself on the floor gnashing and wailing - I picked up the own brand passata instead.

Now I'm wondering if my reaction to the empty shelf was wrong. Should I have made a screaming toddler-like fuss about it and posted on twitter?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61

Upon reaching the aisle of tinned tomatoes, I discovered that the cheapest own brand tomato shelf was empty. However, despite being knackered from actually doing a job all day, I did not throw myself on the floor gnashing and wailing - I picked up the own brand passata instead.

Now I'm wondering if my reaction to the empty shelf was wrong. Should I have made a screaming toddler-like fuss about it and posted on twitter?
You needed to take that tit to management.

They did that to spite you no one else just you.

Hopefully you will act appropriately next time. 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I hate that she behaves like being poor means you can only have the worst/lowest options.
Me too! I struggle with money (definitely cannot afford to rent a "crappy" bungalow in the South East) but I manage to eat much nicer meals that what she's ever produced and I'm definitely not a whizz in the kitchen either.

She needs to think about getting the bus to Aldi. Much cheaper and there's some gems to be found there.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

You should check the world food aisle if this happens again, tinned tomatoes there are 4 for £1 and I've never seen them out of stock (they're really good too).

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.