Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You could achieve the same effect by NOT rinsing the beans, and just adding a dollop of HP sauce when you’re heating them. Easy! Why does she have to unnecessarily complicate everything.
Because she's a twit?

I love these vintage Corningware containers that can be used in the oven and on a hob. They came in many different patterns. The lids mean they are useful to use in the fridge as well.
Aw, my mum still uses the blue ones on the regular!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
She is lying, yet again.

1) She doesn’t have to make compromises. She *is* privileged. Her self-inflicted frugal budget and pov larping are her personal choice. She could easily afford to live 100% on free-range, grass-fed, organic if she wanted to. She could probably afford to live entirely off of caviar and truffles.

2) Plenty of people with genuinely limited budgets, such as me and my family, eat nutritious, ethical food. It is patronising and an insult to suggest that morals and health are not for lowly povs. As is so often the case with “privilege” rhetoric, attacking anyone who eats well as “privileged” is to deflect from her own unethical choices and her lies, and to deflect from how privileged she actually is.

3) So she doesn’t actually eat meat. NOW. Yesterday was THEN.

4) “I don’t buy factory farmed meat” didn’t take long to be admitted to be an outright lie.

5) Now get to absolute duck.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I've never seen love, actually. although I own it on DVD for some reason. I think I once started it and put a ready meal cottage pie on then fell asleep. 😬

anyhoo, if that's the beef, then it's the weakest beef I've ever seen 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Oh it’s the comedian with the dog whose pants she wants to get into. Not the dog’s pants the owner’s erm pants

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Two things here. She always implies SB is forcing her not to be vegan. It annoys me because she responds to criticism not by taking it on the chin, but by dragging her child into it. Leave him alone! His diet is no-one on twitter's business and he shouldn't be made a scapegoat because you decided you didn't want to be vegan anymore!

Secondly, really PA towards her ex here, implying that she has been left high and dry to pay rent etc she can't afford alone.

Yes, relationships end and living arrangements that suited a couple may not work for a single person. That, unfortunately, is life, and not an excuse to rattle the tip jar and feed your child hole sausages (JM's words, not mine)

I've never seen love, actually. although I own it on DVD for some reason. I think I once started it and put a ready meal cottage pie on then fell asleep. 😬

anyhoo, if that's the beef, then it's the weakest beef I've ever seen 🥴
Please don't mention beef. Still traumatised from the DKL video earlier.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
The pasta e ceci drives me absolutely nuts. It takes about 12 minutes to make properly - as long as it takes to cook pasta. It’s a staple in our house, I’ve made it hundreds of times. It is literally cucina povera, the food of the poor of southern Italy. IT DOESNT HAVE TOMATOES IN IT And it doesn’t need tinned bleeping hoops.

The cheapest chickpeas are 50p-60p ish, the cheapest pasta is 37p. I can feed two of us for 80p main ingredients plus a dash of olive oil, a clove of garlic and a pinch of salt.

There’s absolutely no need to bastardise it, it doesn’t make it cheaper, it just makes it worse.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
I'm pretty sure it looks like cauli rice - I've tried making it before and it's grim but mine didn't look as prettily-shaped as this so I'd suspect she bought it pre-made.
Some restaurants on Deliveroo were giving away free cauliflower rice (one of those microwavable packs). Probably because they're foul. The fella and I have two of them. I wouldn't be surprised if that's where she got it tbh.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
such blatant bleeping bullshit comes from her. wasn't she talking about ocado deliveries on her peeky mink account a few weeks ago?? her hypocrisy is breathtaking.

Reactions: 41
Oh boo bleeping hoo! How is that article “nefarious”?? She didn’t even say anything that bad, that movie is not very good. BUT they didn’t say anything bad about her in the article. Jack is such a drama queen 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thank you thankyou @Alansbigplate !
So a long-forgotten child actor, posted a picture of herself on a public platform and is now pissed off an unscrupulous tit rag has published it along with thoughts that make her unlikely to be employed in that business again?
Yep, sounds like Jack's area of expertise.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.