Jack Monroe #89 Did you know she once ran out of jam?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We bought them in the pub where I’m from up north (though it’s more famous for brown shrimps) 🔺
tbh ours smokes in his fish hut so I'm guessing we've not got anything as FANCY as specials, I just take what I can get and pray I don't get botulism after learning that word from here 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Has been said hundreds of times before but is still worth reiterating from time to time: she is incapable of communicating on any level without referencing herself with use of the word ‘I’. She is manically self-obsessed.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Do you think that she meant to write garbage risotto or was it just a Freudian slip? She knows the risotto is garbage....
I hope she isn't taking any inspiration from the Garbage singer Shirley Manson and her extras in a bowl of cereal 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
I work in a school, we have free sanitary products dotted all over the school, and signs to say where you can get them
I am so so happy this is a thing now. There is nothing worse (well there is, but you know what I mean) than someone at school coming on and not knowing what to do or who to ask if they are caught short.

• Heart
The thought of her eating several boiled eggs with strongly flavoured filling and then going up to bed is so wrong. I feel like farting for her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Oh, oh I know what article she is talking about.

I don't want to link to the rag, but it's an article about someone slagging off the film Love, Actually on a podcast.

I can't even be arsed to read the article sorry.

Edit: the friend she refers to has been tweeting about it and I wondered why JM hadn't waded in
If that’s the one and they’ve just lifted a pic of her off Twitter, then I’m not sure there’s much she can do about it (unless the Twitter account was privacy protected).

Reactions: 11
Jack claiming she isn't eating meat at the moment :rolleyes: is she getting those sardines and anchovies from trees or shrubs in her landlady's garden? Grow that lard from seed did you, Jack?

@Montrachet I'd finally banished the memory of the grated corned beef chilli and you've just brought it back. You are in for such a shin-kicking when I triangulate you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Cockle...popcorn? The bar is in the depths of the Earth's crust and yet it still somehow keeps getting lower.

Also, peri-peri sardine dip ( :sick: ) AND peri-peri devilled eggs (seriously, what's with the sudden egg obsession) on the same night? Someone's going to have an ouchy ringpiece in the morning.

• Haha
  • Sick
If that’s the one and they’ve just lifted a pic of her off Twitter, then I’m not sure there’s much she can do about it (unless the Twitter account was privacy protected).
Jack can go and kick their shins until they pay up.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Fraus were so distracted by the grating of the corned beef, that it escaped our collective notice that she poured in over half a jar of garlic purée.

Surely this amount of garlic isn’t normal?
It bothered me that she just threw it in. Why not use a spoon? Then, like apparently everyone else here, I had a moment of horror realising she'd thrown all those ingredients into a cold pan and was only turning the gas on after pouring oil over everything. I had to turn it off at that point.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 30
Cockle...popcorn? The bar is in the depths of the Earth's crust and yet it still somehow keeps getting lower.

Also, peri-peri sardine dip ( :sick: ) AND peri-peri devilled eggs (seriously, what's with the sudden egg obsession) on the same night? Someone's going to have an ouchy ringpiece in the morning.
Not to cite my own work, but ... I’m going to.
Jack Monroe and The hole of Fire

• Haha
Reactions: 54
I am so so happy this is a thing now. There is nothing worse (well there is, but you know what I mean) than someone at school coming on and not knowing what to do or who to ask if they are caught short.
We have this at my work. A large..."institution"....

The signs in the toilets say "take what you want, when you want", and there is very little "abuse" of the scheme. No one is walking out with bagfuls.

The baskets also contain menstrual cups too.

Not sure, but I think it might be the same in all academic places in Scotland.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

her bedroom must stink of an evening. probably doesn't need heating with all the hot air coming out of both ends.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.