Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she live in the past though, all this shite about keeping old faded receipts (another lie) when all of this sort of research is done already - https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/family-food-201718/family-food-201718#:~:text=In 2017/18 the amount,per cent more than 2014.
These stats are the government-produced stats. The government are evil tory bastards not to be trusted and anything they say or produce are lies. Did I mention the government are evil tory bastards? That is the extent of her understanding of politics.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think she must be doing this weird £20 shop thing so she can include her groceries as a business expense.

That might explain why there are no non food items included.
Yup. And then it’s thrown away.
Mackieboo you are despicable.

Reactions: 15
Jack has pissed me off even more than usual recently, which is hard to do - gonna spoiler the next bit because it is very self indulgent poor is me

I started my new job yesterday, and was chatting on a call with my new teammate, who is lovely so this is no reflection on her. We talked about our life situations, and when I said I've been with Mr Cow for 6 years she asked why we haven't gotten married yet. My response - because we want to buy a house first. We are lucky in that we both earn decent salaries (well Mr Cow always has, I only do now in my new job, yay!) But we have been saving hard for the past 4 years and have had great luck with a lottery win (no jackpot, I'm not a millionaire frau). My point is, saving to own a home is HARD. How dare she beg for money and feel like she is entitled to own one? BOILS MY PISS. Stop spunking money on fancy stuff and save up. Our sofa is falling apart, our rug is threadbare, we have no furniture that isn't essential as we don't spend money on anything that isn't necessary as we are saving. Still don't raid the yellow sticker food in the supermarket though...

I'm in a bad mood tonight can't you tell?! Good old hormones.
Oh no, you are the second Frau to post about hormones in the last day or two. Are we all going to synch? :oops: We will need a giant chocolate/bubble bath/hot water bottle thread!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
These stats are the government-produced stats. The government are evil tory bastards not to be trusted and anything they say or produce are lies. Did I mention the government are evil tory bastards? That is the extent of her understanding of politics.
Exactly. @Flumps had a great post earlier about the complexities of food pricing, inflation, and the economy. I have friends in the agricultural sector who have suffered tremendously thanks to the endless quest for cheap food. It's a hugely complicated issue that Jack can't interpret beyond "look at this receipt!!!"

It's like when she talks about lockdown. A Jackolyte commented the other day that the UK should have had a much stricter lockdown and that would have solved everything, and Jack agreed and whined a bit about Tories. OK, where I live our lockdown was a thousand times stricter - and guess what? We've had a severe second wave. This is hardly classified information, by the way - but given that Jack doesn't even seem aware of what's happening in other cities in England, she sure as tit doesn't bother to read the international news.

Her level of political discourse is literally that of a teenager. All she ever manages is "Tories bad!!!"

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
It might be an admin/typo error, but Jack's "crappy" bungalow is listed as being available from 13/02/21,

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
And a final thought, why keep a picture of a prime minister from 4 years ago on your wall to inspire you to write 'scathing essays', as well as books, recipes and other ephemera that never appear?
Because she blames him for her epic duck-up when she said that think about misty-eyed rhetoric wrt his poor sick son? She probably blames him for losing the Sainsbury's ads - instead of herself.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
And a final thought, why keep a picture of a prime minister from 4 years ago on your wall to inspire you to write 'scathing essays', as well as books, recipes and other ephemera that never appear?
Maybe because she was at the G7 when he was there and had to watch him eat filet mignon while she just had a bag of crisps (according to Jack!). It's personal!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Hormones? You know nothing about hormones, Jack has had hormones like no one else ever, she even enraged the 'chattering classes' What a bleep, even being nasty about her mum here: https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/may/19/jack-monroe-little-bit-male-little-bit-female
So what happened to the proposed mastectomies now she's hoiking the girls around in Rigby & Peller?

Probably the end of the rental contract.
A three bed REAL bungalow up the road just sold STC, offers over £670,000 😉😁

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Hahaha. She's probably planning a big "I'm about to be made homeless" crisis 🤑🤑🤑

Valentine's weekend too. Hopefully no massacres, but plenty of misty-eyed rhetoric about herself and her boy being left homeless because ..... She Left!!

I wonder which south coast removal company will get the work?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.