Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was at school, there was a rumour that you could smoke dried out banana skins to get high. Never tried it myself I have to admit but worth thinking about #secretingredients

I was cool stupid enough to try it. And man, yeah, we got soooo high. Wow, what a buzzzzzz. It was amaaazing.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ah yes, she doesn't have real marble surfaces so she MUST be poor. This person really believes she's desolate unless she has millions in the bank.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
How has a person with a seven year long decade of cooking experience got absolutely no skill whatsoever. That risotto looks like lumpy wallpaper paste.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
How has she managed to make risotto look like scrambled eggs with peas in it?

That is the smallest portion of disgusting cooking bacon in a risotto I’ve ever seen. May as well have not added it unless you’ve got another few slices chopped up under it. In all this tit about a £20 shop, what the hell is bombproof cupboard cheese?!

JACK, where’s the anchïoade recipe? It’s almost teatime....

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm confused about the stock update. Is it still reducing? Is it still in the slow cooker? Is that why she dated it, so she knows when it's, like, 4 days old or whatever 🤢
Pease pudding hot, Pease pudding cold, Pease pudding in the slow cooker, three days old.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
She’s probably desperately sending the Daily Mail story tip-offs about her “marble surfaces”, hoping they are having a slow news day with the actual celebrities

She would love to be one of those women the DM are weirdly obsessed with, posting articles every day about XYZ’s sultry Instagram snaps

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Nothing screams vegan like porridge on the hob, adjacent to a slow cooker attempting to sap any flavour from the bones of factory-farmed chickens
I really dislike when people describe food as specifically vegan, when it is just naturally vegan. I get 'vegan sausage' to differentiate from the more common 'pork sausage', but porridge usually/often is vegan anyway. It's like saying penne al pomodoro is vegan or a slice of watermelon is vegan. I mean, yes, you are correct, but I don't think anyone would describe a roast chicken as non-vegan. It just makes no sense to me.

I think part of the reason it's tedious is because it reinforces this stereotypes that vegan dishes are complicated, joyless or just a replacement for 'real' food. None of which are true and if you are a 90% vegan you should know this.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I'm with you. I LOVE google earth and streetview. I can spend hours checking out places. Places I've read or heard about. Places I've been to. I've done lots of flying around the world this year, without so much as taking a sleeper train to Edinburgh.
Babe, same. Ushuaia in Argentina seems pretty bleak.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Weirdly I think the risotto actually looks quite appetising in comparison to her identical brown slop photos - though I realise that's a low, low bar.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Her new 'Follows' seem to be publisher/editor heavy.. Has her publisher fecked her out of it?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Maybe she's losing followers because people can just see through her bullshit and laziness now.

Last week on the local news was a freelance make-up artist. She did weddings and events etc. And she's had no work for months. She looked really stressed out and she and her boyfriend said they had had to borrow money from her parents to pay the mortgage. And you felt sorry for her.

And then you see Jack, who since March has done f*** all except tweet and lie and beg and bulls**t people online with made-up stories.
You beat me to it! She really cannot describe food in a nice way at all. And who snacks on slices of butter?
No one, she’s lying again.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
How the duck does she still have leftover anchoïade!? Did she make enough to feed the whole of Southend?

She must be the luckiest person in history:

*Gifted iPhone
*Gets sofa for free after it's delivered in error
*Gifted £250 William Morris curtains x2
*Finds Burberry scarves in puddles of mud/Westwood dresses in charity shops
*Finds Le Creuset dishes also in charity shops
*Gifted Emin painting
*Gifted £400 pizza oven

Have I missed anything? And why don't her followers wake up?
People don't gift stuff like this they sell them. It's just endless lies

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.