Jack Monroe #87 Anchoïade, anchoïade, anchoïade

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Actual butter? What a fancy little greedy goblin! I wonder if she hoofs chunks of SmartPrice lard too.
Years ago I was in the states, went out for breakfast and had pancakes for the first time. Stacked up two scoops of ice cream on top and maple syrup poured over. Spoon through ice cream and pancakes into mouth 🤢 not ice cream, butter 🤢

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
So if that’s the case with food prices why the hell is she boosting about being able to save £28 from her last 3 weeks of £20 shops.

she’s been banging on about how well SB and her manage to eat all week and have left overs!

Now I know there’s very few people who could stomach the slop she produces but all her gleeful tweeting about how well she’s managing to live on so little money is like being the Tory poster girl for how the poor should live 😔

how do her fans not see this

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I just googled "are uk food prices rising". Guess what, there are trained statisticians who have collated real data about this. Jack's grotty hoarder collection of receipts are utterly unnecessary (also why the duck wouldn't you throw out old receipts when moving house?).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
'I can't afford butter!' sobbed Jack, wiping her eye with her Burberry scarf.

'If only there was a way for me to get myself out of this wretched poverty!' she cried, as the weirdo tweeted into her second phone.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
I've never lived in a bungalow - but it is normal for there to be a ground-floor shower room, but upstairs is the "family bathroom"?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I just googled "are uk food prices rising". Guess what, there are trained statisticians who have collated real data about this. Jack's grotty hoarder collection of receipts are utterly unnecessary (also why the duck wouldn't you throw out old receipts when moving house?).
Those sideboards aren’t going to fill themselves 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I love that she thinks that no one else has data on this - the evil politicians and journalists will be shocked when this little weirdo comes hobbling up (due to the SEVERE arthritis) to the houses of parliment and presents to them 9 years worth of crumpled up Asda receipts for lard and baked beans and livers. In the face of this hard evidence and meticulous research, they will have no choice but to back down and bring everything back down to 2013 (Jack's golden era) prices. The whole world will cheer for our hero Jack, but don't you forget that her life is still MUCH more tit than anyone else's, thanks very much.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
What food item is now five times more expensive than 7 years ago? Unless she is comparing tins of beans from when there was a price war going on and they were a loss leader for shops. Beans, bread, etc were being sold below cost by the likes of Lidl and Aldi to gain a customer base. It was unsustainable in the long run and the quality of those beans, bread, etc was diabolical.

She is a knob.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Genuinely - are the media saying that food has never been cheaper? I thought it's been generally acknowledged that food prices have been rising for a while? 🤷
i think it depends when you compare it from, if you look way back (like when my parents were younger for example) it was muvh more expensive, hasn't it only been rising for the last 5ish years? obviously it will rise with the brexit disaster

Perhaps dear heart Jack's food bills have gone up due to her natural progression from Lidl to shopping exclusively at Waitrose
waitrose or selfridges, of course

I love that she thinks that no one else has data on this - the evil politicians and journalists will be shocked when this little weirdo comes hobbling up (due to the SEVERE arthritis) to the houses of parliment and presents to them 9 years worth of crumpled up Asda receipts for lard and baked beans and livers. In the face of this hard evidence and meticulous research, they will have no choice but to back down and bring everything back down to 2013 (Jack's golden era) prices. The whole world will cheer for our hero Jack, but don't you forget that her life is still MUCH more tit than anyone else's, thanks very much.
her description of these receipts just reminds me of those shows about hoarders keeping 50 year old newspapers stacked in a room filling to the ceiling

• Haha
Reactions: 24
If I allowed it Mr dogmuck would have 9 years worth of receipts. Not cos he’s writing a book on it or any other “secret thing”, he’s just a lazy bleep who empties out his pockets and leaves his tit on the side. Maybe he thinks I’m hoarding them in 17 lever arch files?

• Haha
Reactions: 42
View attachment 274455

and mere minutes after saying she snacks on butter. i know we know it's a THEN and NOW situation, but the squiggles don't necessarily

View attachment 274456
Find it very hard to believe that she has receipts from a decade ago still in tact? They’re heat printed so fade over time... I’ve got a few receipts & one cash point bank print out in my memories box and they’re all faded to zilch now!

Reactions: 22
What food item is now five times more expensive than 7 years ago? Unless she is comparing tins of beans from when there was a price war going on and they were a loss leader for shops. Beans, bread, etc were being sold below cost by the likes of Lidl and Aldi to gain a customer base. It was unsustainable in the long run and the quality of those beans, bread, etc was diabolical.

She is a knob.
I don't think she would understand a word of what you just said tbh - I'm beginning to realise just how basic her grasp of everything is. She really isn't very clever.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
'I can't afford butter!' sobbed Jack, wiping her eye with her Burberry scarf.

'If only there was a way for me to get myself out of this wretched poverty!' she cried, as the weirdo tweeted into her second phone.
as she stared into her Emin painting and wondered what meal she should defrost from which freezer

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.