Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This HUGE thing she's jabbering on about is either going to fade into obscurity or she is going to have announced it completely by the end of the week, she can't help herself. I am fizzing with excitement like an over-fermented Sainsbury's Basics kombucha. Do we reckon she took her own six inch heels? My guess is these ones: they're majestically embellished, just like all her anecdotes.

View attachment 261939

Seems appropriate. The straps look like something I'd imagine the Croydon Cat Killer uses to display his trophies.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Haslet is chopped up pork - I love it, still buy a pack from Twsco occasionally.
There’s not many food items really that give me the proper heave (obvs that’s not including anything featured on this here thread made by Jack or it would be a hella long list)....but this is my ultimate 🤮
9F549CA5-E67C-4D16-8799-F0C9155DCC39.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I may be a bit overcautious but I am absolutely NOT eating biscuits that a bunch of children have played dominoes with :sick:
Isn't there some sort of pandemic going on?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Yum, yum, yum. There's nothing I want to eat more than biscuits that have been played as a game and handled by many grubby little fingers first. Delicious.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
I know I'm ridiculously late and we've all moved on (that pesky work stopping my grunka again) and I don't want to defend Gregg in other aspects as I don't know him and have heard some generally bad things, but FFS the correct spelling of his name is RIGHT THERE in this cyclist guys tweet. He literally had to type it out correctly in order to tag him. It's the same line, literally two words before. And he still decided to misspell it. Maybe I'm just angsty because all my life my (pretty common) name has been consistently misspelt by teachers, friend's parent's, colleagues, baristas etc etc but it's not being a twit to want your name to be spelled right. Especially when you're asking for something from the person (yeah I know a tweet is hardly a big request, he could've just shut up and done it) and when they actually know the spelling.

Anyway that's my off topic jaunt of the day, time to take an extended lunch break and get caught up!

Eta I lol'd at him giving Jack wife tips. Maybe he can be her wingman with the next Mrs J? What are his ex's doing, maybe they fancy another round of Love Twitter??
This is great! Cheers for posting for us hillbillies without Twitter... and sorry, dear @CottageWitch, but personally happen to agree with the original tweeter - it is perhaps bit of a dick move, at that precise moment and on that exact platform, to take the time to pick a bone rather than just retweet the bloody thing and be done with it. Just an opinion though and either way, without this exchange we may never have been treated to the put down that is ‘mastertwat’. Beautiful.

Reactions: 14
Those icing decorations would break your teeth as well. Maybe that's what happened to her real teeth/why she had to photoshop someone else's in. It's a no to well-thumbed decorated Walkers shortbread fingers from me 👎

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Those shortbread dominoes are just like her awful smoothie bowls and SB's horrendous birthday pancake tower - designed to be instagrammed, not eaten.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Is Vlad warning us of what's to come next? Another ouchy mouth, seeing as her very bad toothache miraculously healed the other week.
6A272226-79B4-4167-920B-214AF3C212BB.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Yep, this was supposed to be “pale golden green”. Instead it looked like tar. Another success! 😂
'Disappointing yield' is still one of my favourite sayings yet. I don't know why, something to do with grating mushrooms?

There’s not many food items really that give me the proper heave (obvs that’s not including anything featured on this here thread made by Jack or it would be a hella long list)....but this is my ultimate 🤮
View attachment 262875
Oh my life, this was a favourite of my nan's for a posh Sunday supper with limp salad and Heinz salad cream

• Haha
  • Heart
I'm with you. But strangely I don't like pork pies. I know, I'm almost as weird as R Jackie.
Gala pie, haslet, nice bit o’ brawn and her signature liver quiche were the standard low points of my late MIL’s Sunday teas.

She was no Fanny Cradock.

• Haha
  • Sick
Her exact words were "so we made some of my (quickly becoming a Monroe fam tradition) Domino Biscuits."

She said she made the biscuits, not decorated them. I think it is more than lying by omission this time. It is just plain lying.

She is emboldened by the fact that she has her Twitter locked, she can get away with anything and not be challenged.
Absolutely nailed it, couldn’t agree more. And the difference between lying as she did and 100% honesty is like, a few words at most. She knew exactly what she was doing but did it anyway because she’s a habitual liar and a fraudster.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.