Jack Monroe #81 It’s like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a wife

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Siblings siblings he has siblings and I’ll never have another child wail it’s gotta be all about that surely. Where’s this dog gone?
That was THEN. The dog idea has gone into the same lever arch file as the chip shop chips, BLM donation and £15 school lunches.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
it's been a long momento... i don't think that lady's gonna get her manzana cake recipe 🙁🍰

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
When my kids were small a favourite activity was decorating shop bought digestive biscuits with whatever decorations and icing I had in the cupboard. At no point do we pass them off as home made (tbh, they were so awful no one would buy them as neither of my kids are artistic).

• Haha
Reactions: 34
That was THEN. The dog idea has gone into the same lever arch file as the chip shop chips, BLM donation and £15 school lunches.

And the book? Where is the much-anticipated book? I have been Grunking for days and suddenly the book, deadline, et al have disappeared in a flurry of heels and (shop bought) shortbread.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I'm viewing these shortbread dominoes as a sign she's reading Tattle and saw my suggestion to make jazzed up shop bought stuff her niche. Jack, I'd like 10% of all Patreon profits for the next year, plus a percentage of all appearance fees plus my own Cotswold piece - preferably one I can pose on in an alluring manner that makes my husband confused that I'm straddling the furniture and not him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Am grunking as usual but so far Jack has a set of wallies, looks grey like her dusty aunt and has airbrushed herself again. You go girl, great empowering move for women right there.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Hi Cabal I should be Grunka-ing but Facebook is trolling me and showed me the dominoes biscuits. They actually look nice however those shortbread biscuits are definitely from a packet (other shocking revelations I can reveal is that tomorrow is Saturday)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
With the shortbread thing... I find it kind of misleading of her to display them on a cooling tray as if they are hot out of the oven?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
They definitely still sell it in Scarborough. In Tesco, and the market - I think it's called savoury duck in there though (flipping horrible, whatever name it goes by 😝)
My dear old dad liked Haslet from the butcher’s, and Brawn 🤢. Without risking 🔺, do you know Scarborough well? When I eventually get to visit (to see extended family who live a few miles inland, I’d like to have some recommendations for decent fish and chips and a tea room? Many thanks if that’s appropriate xx

Reactions: 9
With the shortbread thing... I find it kind of misleading of her to display them on a cooling tray as if they are hot out of the oven?
All part of her lies by omission. She never SAID she baked them herself! I think they are cute and would be cheap to make. Baking biscuits is never really worth the bother. Why not just market it as a fun and cheap thing to do for kids?

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Seriously, a photo of those shortbread creations don't warrant the energy of getting your phone out of your arse pocket to take a picture never mind posting it.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m sorry, no kids these days want to play dominos with shortbread. This is another needlessly complex Dickensian lie for no reason 😂

“please miss, can we play tiddlywinks with the tops when we’ve finished our milk?”

• Haha
Reactions: 61
The way squiggle and Jackie talk about life and linking everything to a condition is, in my opinion, both dangerous and damaging.

It's fair to say that between all the Frauen und Herren here we cover a plethora of mental and physical illnesses. It often is life-changing to get a diagnosis for something that has made life difficult. However, it seems both lazy and unhelpful to then attach anything you think, do or say to that diagnosis or condition.

First of all, people change. You may have ADHD or suffer from depression, but you can learn to manage it. I don't mean that in a 'pull yourself up by the bootstrap'-way. I mean you can get medication, therapy, learn strategies. Yes, you'll duck up, because that's part of the human condition, but it's really important to take ownership of who you are. And everyone is so much more than autistic, depressed, bipolar - whatever it may be.

Saying things like 'what are your executive dysfunction meals' suggests that a) there is absolutely nothing you can do about any issues you may be experiencing with your executive function and b) that anyone else, who may not have been given a snazzy diagnosis can't possibly relate to days when it's hard to get a meal on the table. I think often people use this language to find community, but discussions quickly turn into 'You haven't got this diagnosis, you haven't got lived experience, you aren't in the club - now duck off'.

If I've learned anything from my mental health issues and my diagnosis of c-PTSD, depression and anxiety it's that help is available, change is possible and while it can be an explanation for some of my behaviour it doesn't serve me to use it as an excuse. A personal example was learning to drive. The c-PTSD had affected how I react and deal with stress and driving a car was just awful. I shelved it for a few years (when I first took lessons I didn't really need a car anyway). But once I had kids I thought driving might actually be quite useful. It wasn't easy for me to learn and I took more lessons than the average person, but it's something I wanted to do, I knew I could learn it and I eventually got my license. This is not to say that everyone should just get over stuff, or that everyone should learn how to drive. It's simply suggesting that it may not be a great idea to use a condition to define who you are. Jackie of course is positively revelling in all her labels.

So true. A person struggling to make food because of MH problems doesn't need instructions on how to eat a ton of fat and sugar - plus that def won't make them feel any better. There's a clear link between good nutrition, physical and mental health. Given her love of a nutribullet, why not have smoothie packs ready to go in the freezer?
I cannot love this post enough partner, I can’t think of anyone I’d rather have a Kitchen Disco with ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 21
All part of her lies by omission. She never SAID she baked them herself! I think they are cute and would be cheap to make. Baking biscuits is never really worth the bother. Why not just market it as a fun and cheap thing to do for kids?
Her exact words were "so we made some of my (quickly becoming a Monroe fam tradition) Domino Biscuits."

She said she made the biscuits, not decorated them. I think it is more than lying by omission this time. It is just plain lying.

She is emboldened by the fact that she has her Twitter locked, she can get away with anything and not be challenged.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.